NG on Google - may be other topic - not sure

Old March 3rd 06, 06:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default NG on Google - may be other topic - not sure

I was just checking out Google's new set up for the ng. It's quite
neat. I gives you a link of all the posts from an author. It also
tells you who the top poster is for the month Feb, non other than our
Jessamy with a total of 57 posts. Cheryl from Oz is close behind with
24, however given that she has changed her name, the stats might be a
tad off. Our third top poster is Ms Jeanne from NZ with a close 23
posts. Now the all time poster for 2005 is Ms Kate aka Madame Chef des
trolls and, if I'm not mistaken, also Mistress of chocolat buttons with
a total of 11,525 post. Ms Sandy aka Ragmop with 9,699, a close
second. Hum.... Perhaps we need to send out monthly prizes! lol

So I just thought I'd share this bit of trivia. Have a great day!

Back to your regular scheduling!

Carole -
Champlain, NY

Old March 3rd 06, 08:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Not only that but if I click on my profile I can review my posts back
to 2001~ kind of funny to look back like that.

Christina Google is how I found my way back!

Old March 3rd 06, 08:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Leslie, If you click on the "about group" - top of the google page on
way right of "start new topic". It has the stats for the years the
group has been active. Perhaps on individual profiles they refer to
total post stats while on the "about group" it is the number of topics
you started. I just checked Jessamy and she has 406 posts for Feb. So
I think it's new topics started. I could be wrong. I don't see
instructions.

Carole
Champlain, NY

Old March 3rd 06, 09:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Yep, sort of funny and scary at the same time when you think of it.
They're watching and keeping track of our conversations! lol

Carole
Champlain, NY

Old March 3rd 06, 09:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Christina, I'm with you. Without Google, I wouldn't be back on the NG.
My ISP doesn't carry newsgroups. I do like the fact that I can get a
digest form in my email so I can click on the posts I'm watching,
without having to go through the whole email (I don't read all the
posts...don't have enough time since I started classes, and with being
sick this month, I've had even less time.).

Tigg (off to potty the Monster who is yelling at me.)

Old March 3rd 06, 09:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Howdy!
Considering that the time covered was for a 15yr. period,
and I've been on RCTQ for about 10 yrs., 9,699 posts is about
average. If if only covered one year I'd have to have been on the
computer 28 hrs a day, posting multiple messages at the same time. G
It also doesn't show how many Frequent Posters won the top spot
way back. The stats change regularly.
The other info has always been there when I've checked,
being able to track a poster to see where else she/he posts
and for how long.
I don't use google groups except to archive rctq; it's a good
reminder that this is NOT a private forum.

Ragmop/Sandy -- make that 9,700 ;-D

oups.com...

Old March 3rd 06, 10:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

oh who gives a flying......whatever you say.
gawd i'm in a foul mood today.
feel like crap.
29yrs of what?
first meeting of guild, not returning there, dont want to have poor Chris B
have to hide from me at meetings now do i. yes i'll use her name here, so
what.
email from canada is still not satisfactory results.
dont get in my way today, you've all been warned.
what is this monster in my head that i live with everyday.
does it matter.

Old March 3rd 06, 10:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Haven't checked out the ng thru Google yet - but I would not
have thought of myself as a FREQUENT poster, let alone
EFFUSIVE. Some days I don't even log on.

There are plenty of chatterboxes in rctq that would have me
beat hands down LOL

--
Cats ^;;^ ^;;^ ^;;^
( U ) ( U ) ( U )

catsatararatATyahooDOTcomDOTau

"Ceridwen - C & S" wrote in
message
oups.com...
:

Old March 3rd 06, 10:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Just managed to battle my way thru Google to ng - WOW!!

Those figures are for March to date. I must have got chatty
in the last few days. And I think Jess has been replying to
swap chat.

I know it is just unfamiliar - but I couldn't follow the
layout on Google at all. Think I will stay in my comfort
zone on OE LOL

But thanks Carole - for prompting me to find the ng thru
Google. I have seen so much chatter about it and never
bothered to look it up. Interesting!
--

"Cats" wrote in message
: Haven't checked out the ng thru Google yet - but I would
not
: have thought of myself as a FREQUENT poster, let alone
: EFFUSIVE. Some days I don't even log on.
:
: There are plenty of chatterboxes in rctq that would have
me
: beat hands down LOL
:
: --
: Cats ^;;^ ^;;^ ^;;^
: ( U ) ( U ) ( U )
: Enness Boofhead Donut
:
: http://community.webshots.com/user/witchofthewest
[...]
::

Old March 3rd 06, 11:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

nzlstar* wrote:

big fat lime green (HHHHUUUUGGG))) to you....

don't know if it helps - but it's there anyway

Roberta (in VA)

Posting ON Topic threads Tia Mary Quilting 0 October 22nd 05 08:44 PM
Attention: GOOGLE users. Please read. Peter W.. Rowe, Jewelry 11 December 23rd 04 03:22 AM
Rock Polisher Keith Jewelry 24 April 27th 04 03:34 PM
Question about Google Lisa C Quilting 35 December 14th 03 07:05 PM