Quilt Block Keyboard

Old October 26th 04, 01:43 PM
..Mickie Swall..

Default Quilt Block Keyboard

Now we've got all we need, a quilt block font!
http://www.fontsnthings.com/original/original3d09.shtml
Now if I could just figure out how to install them on my
computer... can any of you help me with that?
Mickie
(usual disclaimer, no connection whatsoever to the site)

Old October 26th 04, 07:07 PM
Royce

Mickie,

How ya' doin', Kiddo?

This site is too, too cool! Thanks so much for the link. I'll be playing
with this later tonight. I need to figure out how to add it also.

--
Royce
A day hemmed in prayer is less likely to unravel.

Old October 26th 04, 07:44 PM
Paul & Suzie Beckwith

...Mickie Swall.. wrote:
Now we've got all we need, a quilt block font!
http://www.fontsnthings.com/original/original3d09.shtml
Now if I could just figure out how to install them on my
computer... can any of you help me with that?
Mickie
(usual disclaimer, no connection whatsoever to the site)

....no idea - I'm far too busy drooling over the cardinal pattern you did
for Quiltmaker - finally got my copy yesterday here in the UK!

Very nice - and I love the red border fabric - is that from Hoffman or P&B?

Suzie B
--
"From the internet connection under the pier"
Southend, UK

Old October 26th 04, 07:46 PM
Ann

Not exactly sure..........but........after you download them wouldn't you
move them to your font folder? I have a font folder under the windows
folder.

Ann
http://community.webshots.com/user/mrs_ducky

Old October 26th 04, 09:01 PM
Cappy

What kind of operating system do you have?

Here's what you do with Windows XP... And you need to have WinZip in order
to open the downloaded file...

Click "Download Font"
Save the file somewhere on your computer that you will be able to get to
later... i.e. c:\ After it is finished downloading, go to that directory
through Windows Explorer.
Double click on the file to open it.
Double click on the .ttf file listed. A window opens showing the "font" in
different sizes and the font installs automatically.

Next time you open Word, select Square Boxes and the font and play around
with it!

Hope that helps...

Cappy

Old October 26th 04, 10:03 PM
Kate G.

FYI -- to download ANY font from fontsnthings.com (they also have some great
holiday fonts, a cross stitch font... check out candy cane... )

download the file -- pay attention to where it goes -- you need to find it.
go to the file -- and double click it (you do need WinZip or a comparable
application to open the compressed file -- you can get winzip at
www.winzip.com for free)
once it opens - -you need to copy the ttf file (not the readme or txt file)
to the Fonts Folder found under C:\Windows

Once the ttf file is in the Fonts folder -- you should have that font appear
in all of your applications!

Have fun -- there are some great free fonts there!

Kate in Michigan

Old October 27th 04, 01:25 AM
..Mickie Swall..

Ok, I got them into WordPerfect! (I have WIN-XP)
Thanks so much.....
A note here - the key types in a block, the shift key
puts that block on point! What a neat trick! Just
think, now we can decorate our plain old emails and
guild newsletters with neat little quilt blocks!

Mickie

Old October 27th 04, 04:49 AM
nzl*

any free site you look thru, search thru the dingbat sets.
heres a fun one to keep you amused for awhile.
http://www.dingbatdepot.com/dingbats...ious&offset=10
jeanne
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
real reply is san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

"Kate G." wrote...

Old October 28th 04, 01:40 PM
Maureen Wozniak

I've got it installed on my Mac too! Thanks for finding this, its going
to be lots of fun.

Maureen