OT needing ice cream experts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 14th 07, 11:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Default OT needing ice cream experts

DH is a very good sport about our 'fat-free' diet but ice cream used to be
such a favorite of his. So. Therefore. I am going to invent wonderful ice
cream that doesn't contain egg yolks or fat. The stuff at the grocery
leaves an after-taste much like Mop 'n Glo and I'm sure 'we' can do better.
One of the recipes I've found calls for an envelope of powdered whipped
topping. That sounds like it might work. The recipe calls for TWO teaspoons
of vanilla to make only 2½ cups. The ice cream freezer is big enough to
double the recipe but I'm thinking four teaspoons of vanilla is going to be
waaaaay too much. The 'theory' is that your tastebuds are dulled by
something frozen and ice cream needs a heavy hand with flavoring. I'm going
to need some guidance as well as some taste-testers. Naturally, there will
be chocolate cake to go with it. Polly

White/Cream with Black scrap request: was: Black, white & cream scraps/charms needed Kathy Applebaum Quilting 1 July 22nd 06 11:48 PM
asking experts Mary Needlework 134 May 16th 06 01:01 AM
OT - any bug experts here? JS Quilting 20 April 7th 04 06:48 AM
I need help you experts!! VIRGINIA Sewing 4 December 5th 03 07:34 PM