Another mini-meetup ...

Old October 15th 04, 10:48 PM
..Mickie Swall..

Default Another mini-meetup ...

After missing her at the Quit show last weekend, I finally got to
meet She in PA, we coordinated our trips on Tuesday to arrive at
the same time at the Quilt Basket in Monaca where She is taking
her sampler classes. Got the teacher to snap a pic of us, now
posted at my Yahoo picture site in
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mickie...=/d733&.src=ph
and I see it is also at She's site (has she posted here yet?)
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...00714754PZljoo
She brought the nifty little tie tote she made with ties she received
in a squishie, (have to poke her on getting a pic of that up too) and
she was wearing the cool jacket she made with the satin-stitched
leaves. Speaking of leaves, I think the pattern She bought is like
the leafy tablerunner behind us in the picture - She?
The pattern I sought was a tablerunner by a company in Alberta Canda
called A Little More Effect, it is a very simple Christmas one with small
rail fence blocks and a 2-candle and holly leaf appliques at either end.
The appeal comes from its asymetrical setting. Since I'm unable to
find it online, I've scanned the pattern cover and posted it at my Yahoo
photos for show n' tell.
Mickie

Old October 15th 04, 11:04 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"..Mickie Swall.." wrote:

[...]

Oh, I *like* that table runner, Mickie! Probably for the same reasons
you did -- the asymetry is wonderful! Congratulations on a successful
meet-up!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1
Old October 15th 04, 11:19 PM

Thanks, Mickie, for the photo. Are you the blond or the brunette?
Nancycog in MD

Old October 15th 04, 11:20 PM
She in PA

The table topper pattern I got is oval in shape with leaves around the
outside edge. It is made out of wool and the leaves are two parts, you cut
the vein out of one color then the leaf out of another color with the vein
cut out so the first color shows through when you over lap them. You are
supposed to hand appliqué but I am attaching mine with stitch witchery first
then machine blanket stitching around them. Mickie didn't say she brought
quilts she machine quilted for show and tell. They were beautiful, one was
flowers where she did a lot of fancy stitching on the stems and leaves and
stitched in a sun in the corner. very nice work and she uses a regular
sewing machine not a long arm quilter. She also brought me a gift of some
magazines that some pictures of the quilts she has quilted are in.

She.

Old October 16th 04, 12:21 AM
Diana Curtis

I love seeing pictures of ya'll. Youre always as glowing and beautiful as I
imagine. Thanks for sharing your meetup!
Diana

--
Vote this November (U.S.A.)

Old October 16th 04, 02:04 AM
..Mickie Swall..

You're welcome, Nancy. I'm the blonde. No jokes, please. (Thankee).
Mickie ;o)