Need Source for sturdy Diaper Pins

Old July 29th 03, 07:36 PM
Mary

Default Need Source for sturdy Diaper Pins

Hello,
I am looking for a source of for sturdy diaper pins. It seems that they have
gone into hiding. I can find flimsy safety pins, but what I am looking for
is the pins that we used to buy with the plastic heads.
Mary

Old July 29th 03, 08:17 PM
Sew-Sew Lady

I think Gerber still makes them; I bought some in the last couple of years
as baby shower gifts (I think all babies should have a couple of cloth
diapers ready, just in case they get a nasty diaper rash and need to wear
cloth for a few days). Where are you shopping?

Old July 31st 03, 08:29 AM
melinda

Sew-Sew Lady wrote:
I think Gerber still makes them; I bought some in the last couple of years
as baby shower gifts (I think all babies should have a couple of cloth
diapers ready, just in case they get a nasty diaper rash and need to wear
cloth for a few days). Where are you shopping?

I've not seen the traditional nappy pins lately, I use something
like a bandage gripper called a Happi Snappi (or something similar)
on my sons cloth nappies. He only goes in disposables if we go out.

BTW he's now 4 weeks & 1 day old and pics are available on our
web-site, further pics are viewable by adding /joshua to the end
of the link to our web-site in sig. below.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old August 2nd 03, 04:29 PM
Mary

I evidently am not shopping in the right place. I have checked Walmart and
have had no luck. I have not checked Target or the other stores. Where did
you purchase the Gerber that you speak of?

Old August 2nd 03, 04:47 PM
nana2b

How about stores like Babies R Us, or Baby Depot (inside Burlington Coat
Factories)? Just a thought.

--
Sugar & Spice Quilts by Linda E
http://community.webshots.com/user/frame242

Old August 2nd 03, 07:10 PM
Sew-Sew Lady

I've gotten them at Toys R Us, because most of the people who've had showers
here are registered there.

Old August 3rd 03, 01:27 PM
SewStorm

I evidently am not shopping in the right place. I have checked Walmart and
have had no luck. I have not checked Target or the other stores.

Are you looking in the baby department? I've seen them in lots of places,
including supermarkets.

None of my three ever wore plastic diapers, except when we were traveling. I
loved cloth diapers for them, which is good, since they were all allergic to
the other kind! Diaper service is the best thing ever devised to help new moms,
in my opinion.

Karen Maslowski in Cincinnati

Old August 12th 03, 11:36 AM
SewStorm

BTW I never considered buying nappy pins, I got a different type of thing
to hold the nappies closed/on.

Are they those little clips? They're so much better than the big pins. Our
diaper service had them, and I bought several sets--the first time we stuck a
defenseless babe! I consider them a brilliant invention.

And had completely forgotten that we'd used them! My youngest, after all, will
be 16 in a couple of weeks!
Karen Maslowski in Cincinnati

Old August 18th 03, 06:47 AM
melinda

SewStorm wrote:

Are they those little clips? They're so much better than the big pins. Our
diaper service had them, and I bought several sets--the first time we stuck a
defenseless babe! I consider them a brilliant invention.

They're a T shaped stretchy rubber thing with plastic hook things at the end of
each T, sort of looks like a bandage clip, that hooks into the terry pile of the
cloth nappy. The top of the T is a lot longer than the bottom piece. I think
they're called a Happi Snappi.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol