What a guy!

Old May 3rd 04, 03:43 AM
hfw

Default What a guy!

That's my sweetheart! Realized we hadn't seen the Art Quilts and the
Sedgwick show and that it was closing, so we scooted out to it. And then we
weren't very far from a fabric store I'd heard about but never found, so we
found it. Oh my. My DH became a total enabler. He was finding fabrics left
and right and insisted that I get the ones I loved. Then I mumbled that I
really needed to get to JoMar to get some raw silk for the next projects, so
we went there. They didn't have raw silk just then, but he agreed that a
sort of silk gabardine felt nummy and said I might as well get the rest of
the bolt since it was only $5/yd. All of this S.E.X. was the final straw for
my dangerously toppling stash organization, so I've spent the better part of
the last two days refolding and reorganizing.

And all of this after just smiling when I gulped and traded the HV Lily in
for the Designer II last week.

If it were anyone else, I'd swear he must be feeling guilty about
somethingg

--Heidi

http://community.webshots.com/user/rabbit2b

Old May 3rd 04, 11:56 AM
merrystitch

No, no!! Don't forgive him. Let him keep feeling guilty!! And enjoy your
new D2.
Merrystitch

ink.net...

Old May 3rd 04, 01:29 PM
Maureen Wozniak

What a great guy. My DBF can be quite an enabler too. I can have the
best of intentions when I walk into a fabric store with him. (As in, I
just need thread and needles so I won't look at anything else) and he'll
start pulling out bolts of stuff that I have to have.

OTOH, I can do pretty good just by myself. Hancocks just opened at the
mall this weekend so I stopped in during my errands. Am I the only
person who thinks its rude to visit a new fabric store without buying
something?

Maureen

Old May 3rd 04, 03:40 PM
C & S

Maureen,

No you're not, I like supporting a new fabric store (unless it's really the
pits, but I haven't seen to many of those). As a matter of fact you may say
I like supporting all quilt stores ;-). It is rare that I will come out of
a quilt store with nothing in hand. Dh is also supportive of my quilting.
He now designs continuous MQ patterns for me. I tell him what I want and he
draws. It' wonderful.

Carole

Old May 3rd 04, 06:52 PM
Patti

Oh Carole
I don't suppose he'd like to go into business would he?
..
In article , C & S
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old May 3rd 04, 07:36 PM
hfw

But it *is rude, absolutely, to visit a new fabric store without buying
something.

Signed,

Miss Manners

Old May 3rd 04, 07:39 PM
hfw

Well, I can do okay by myself, too. But I was already feeling like a spoiled
brat, so was really thinking I'd just buy an FQ or two (so as not to be
rude, of course).

Old May 3rd 04, 11:47 PM
Kate Dicey

hfw wrote:

[...]

Just enjoy it! He's probably got some HUGE power tool or a piton
lawnmower hidden in the garden shed...
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk