OT -- Dammit

Old September 9th 06, 01:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Default OT -- Dammit

I agree! Come one people, post some pics! We see a lot of lampwork, but
not what anyone actually does with the lampwork. Ok, I'm guilty of that
too, but that's because I don't do a lot with my lampwork, BUT I do share my
wire and seed beading with y'all!! (And an occasional dog or guinea pig
picture.)

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com
"Beckibead" wrote in message
oups.com...

Sooz -- I've been lurking on some other boards, and most of what is
posted is pictures of something that someone just finished. You make
stunningly gorgeous jewelry, for example, but we hardly ever see it
because you don't do the photo thing for most of your work.

Shirley posts her, Jerri posts hers and the lampworkers post theirs --
how about some more finished jewelry pics, folks? I know it takes an
effort to get this done, but I (for one) would really like to see what
others are making.

The few things I have made are for sale at eBay. (NOT an ad - already
did that). I haven't made much lately. Anyone else? Got pics?

Becki

Old September 9th 06, 06:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
mL_

"Dr. Sooz" wrote:
I'm getting depressed by how few posts we get on RCB per day. We used
to get ZILLIONS -- a laugh a minute. Fer gawd's sake, lurkers, quit
hiding! And everyone else, invite your friends to come to RCB!

It used to be so ALIVE here. I know some blame me for driving others
away......I BLAME MYSELF! (No, that's a quote from Ghostbusters......)
Anyway, whatever. Let's get this party started, dammit.

ok, i'm a lurker.
i love to see pictures of creations!

I'm pretty much a beginner and keep things simple (and inexpensive).
I still can't for the life of me get that clear elastic cord to stay in a
double-knot, even though it supposedly does. I like to make my own findings
from wire when i can. I learn a lot at wig-jig.

I recently saw pictures of some beautiful Christmas ornament hangers done up
with wire and beads. Any suggestions for wire to use? I'm thinking green
floral wire but not sure that it's as workable as a green "jewelry" wire might
be...

I shop online in ebay, and at Artbeads and Auntie's Beads. Just discovered
Eebeads, too, and they have some great idea pictures..

Glass, crystal, wire, chain, etc. Even that frustrating elastic cord
intrigues me. So there. :-)
Old September 9th 06, 11:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Thanks Shelby. Anything that gives me an excuse to use a glut of accent
beads is fun for me to make.
Marisa

Shelby D wrote:
Marisa, those secret garden bracelets are TO DIE for! WOW!~!!!!

Shelby
wrote:
Hi there Becki. Sooz brought me back; the friend (she encouraged
everyone to bring friends and I'm the one she brought). Of course I'm
not new to rcb, just absent for a while.

I am very happy to share pictures.

Recent work:
http://www.galleryvittoria.co.nz/catalogue.shtml

Here's the gallery of sold stuff
http://www.galleryvittoria.co.nz/bead.shtml

Marisa

Old September 10th 06, 12:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Hi, it's nice to get to know you. Have you tried using Fireline
instead of the cord for your stringing projects? Of course, it doesn't
stretch so you need to use a clasp, however Fireline has so many
advantages that I think out weight the stretch advantage. It knots
beautifully. It drapes very well. It is an ideal weaving material, I
use it all the time for the work I sell because I know it will last. It
is fine enough to go through small holes such as in fresh water pearls,
especially if you use the 6lb line.

Floral wire is probably to hard for your jewelry or ornamental
creations. I use it for floral arrangements and after a while it hurts
my hands if I have to bend it a lot. Buy wire intended for jewelry and
specify that is 'soft' or even 'dead soft'. This means it will bend
very easily and form nice wire wraps.

Some of the best prices for Czech glass beads can be found at Halsey
Trading Company store on ebay. Marjean is a wonderful trader (sometimes
contributing to rcb). If cost is a concern, Marjean's beads are both
cost effective and superb quality. Almost all the Czech firepolished
crystals and pressed glass in my work comes from her store.

http://stores.ebay.com/Halsey-Tradin...Q3amesstQQtZkm

Thanks for coming out of lurkdom and keep the questions flowing. It
enlivens the group.
Marisa
www.galleryvittoria.co.nz

Old September 10th 06, 12:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Dr. Sooz wrote:
I'm getting depressed by how few posts we get on RCB per day. We used
to get ZILLIONS -- a laugh a minute. Fer gawd's sake, lurkers, quit
hiding! And everyone else, invite your friends to come to RCB!

It used to be so ALIVE here. I know some blame me for driving others
away......I BLAME MYSELF! (No, that's a quote from Ghostbusters......)
Anyway, whatever. Let's get this party started, dammit.

I've been lurking more than I've been posting. I've been trying to get
my website up and going, and have really been pushing myself to make
more jewelry. I actually just went to a bead show today and spent $170
on beads..which when you're buying gemstone beads, doesn't actually
give you a lot. I did find one strand I'm really happy with..rough
pyrite nuggets, each one about 10 or 12 mm in size. I've never seen
pyrite drilled into beads like that before. I've seen lots of cut and
polished pyrite rondelles and square cut beads, but not rough nuggets.
They're stunning, and very heavy.

I have been working on a new line I'll be eager to show once I have the
pieces done. Some of you may remember how I posted a couple of years
ago about some fossils that would work well as beads (I thought they
were tube worms, someone corrected me and told me their actual name,
crinoids). I've been gathering as many of them as I can find, and
turning the suitable ones into jewelry..not just strung, but wire
wrapped as well. It's a long process, though, because I actually have
to go out looking in creek beds for the fossils, which are quite small,
and then I have to cull the broken or unsuitable ones out, then clean
the good ones...but yeah. I'm really happy with how this line is
turning out.

-Amber.

Old September 10th 06, 12:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Jenn/Jalynne

I've been mostly lurking, posting occasionally, but since being 'spayed' two
years ago, my energy and busyness has increased somewhere along the lines of
200% or so. It's a crazy busy household, but I wouldnt' have it any other
way. I am keeping my beading and quilting addiction alive by taking some
special orders. My commercial website is having technical issues, so I
haven't been able to update it in a couple of months....but other than that,
everything is great! Don't know if I'll have time to post much, but after I
get a new camera (mine died a couple months ago for no apparent reason other
than I loved it to death), I'll share some of the newer stuff I'm making.

--
Jenn/Jalynne
quilting, beads, scrapbooking, cross stitch and other 'crafti' obsessions

oups.com...

Old September 10th 06, 01:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beckibead

Red beaded beads get THROWN at the maker. LMAO

Dr. Sooz wrote:
Becks -- I GOTTA make you some beaded beads, because I want to see what
you'd DO with them.

In red, of course........

```````````````````````````````````
Beckibead wrote:
Marisa -- GURL! Thanks for the post. Love the teal and cobalt drop
earrings, and all your little "beaded beads" that you have made into
earrings. I love that stuff because I would never make it myself, LOL.

Thanks!

Becki

Old September 10th 06, 01:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beckibead

Thank you, all of you for the posts and the updates. Cheryl -- glad
I'm not still in Ohio! LOL Sounds like you have a lot of work to do,
girl!

Becki

Old September 10th 06, 03:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Vibrant Jewels

OOOOH MARISA! I love your work! And welcome back!

--
Karleen Page
Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)
ups.com...

Old September 10th 06, 07:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
mL_

wrote:
Hi, it's nice to get to know you. Have you tried using Fireline
instead of the cord for your stringing projects? Of course, it doesn't
stretch so you need to use a clasp, however Fireline has so many
advantages that I think out weight the stretch advantage. It knots
beautifully. It drapes very well. It is an ideal weaving material, I
use it all the time for the work I sell because I know it will last. It
is fine enough to go through small holes such as in fresh water pearls,
especially if you use the 6lb line.

That sounds like something i'd like using for necklaces. For bracelets for
myself, i need something without a clasp, like stretch material. I can't do
the clasps myself very well, even with a "bracelet buddy" sort of aid (fumbly
fingers from arthritis). I thought about using magnetic clasps but just don't
think that would work on bracelets.
I just read something somewhere about a "fibrous" sort of stretchy stringing
material that supposedly stays knotted better. I'll watch for more info on
that, too.

http://stores.ebay.com/Halsey-Tradin...Q3amefsQ3amess
tQQtZkm

Thanks for coming out of lurkdom and keep the questions flowing. It
enlivens the group.
Marisa
www.galleryvittoria.co.nz

Thank you for the info! :-)

OT Story: It's my music, dammit! Tinkster Beads 30 April 10th 04 08:08 PM
Dammit Doll Pattern Stella Fenley Yarn 0 November 20th 03 02:56 PM
Dammit Doll for Computer Problems NoraBalcer Yarn 4 November 20th 03 06:45 AM