polymer clay beads first attempt

Old March 11th 04, 07:05 AM
Shirley Shone

Default polymer clay beads first attempt

I have just made my first beads in polymer clay.

I do not think I shall make a career out of it. LOL.

Vicki has kindly put up the picture of the beads for me on her site.

http://www.vickijean.com/shirley_shone.html

Thanks Vicki.
Shirley
--
Shirley Shone

Old March 11th 04, 07:17 AM
Marisa Cappetta

Those are really elegant and will make up into some nice pieces, Shirley.

--
Marisa (AU/NZ)
http://www.galleryvittoria.com

Old March 11th 04, 08:00 AM
Shirley Shone

Thank you Marisa. I value your feedback.
Shirley

In article , Marisa Cappetta
writes

Old March 11th 04, 12:26 PM
Diana Curtis

I think thats a pretty nice start! Your beads are round. Thats sometimes
more than I can handle. :-)
Diana

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker

Old March 11th 04, 05:52 PM
Kandice Seeber

Really wonderful first beads, Shirley!!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old March 11th 04, 08:47 PM
Dr. Sooz

Shirley, those are fabulous for beginner beads!

Do you ever play with polyclay with your grandson?
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old March 11th 04, 09:49 PM
Shirley Shone

That is a pleasure yet to come, probably when he is off school at
Easter.
Yesterday and today he has been a budding silversmith.
We had been looking through my bag of silver bits and pieces that were
left from my silver smithing days. He turned up two plain unfinished
silver rings. one his size and one mine. So we had to finish them. I did
a bit of filing and tidied them up and asked DH if my buffing wheel was
still in the shed. He found it out and Karl polished his ring to a
lovely shiny finish.
He said he wanted it stamping so I found out my makers hall mark.
Then today when he came from school he polished mine also.
I had to explain that I would not be sending them to be assayed because
since they were polished. Not only would it cost more to have done but
they could be marred when the took the sample. I had to tell him we send
things to be hall marked before they are polished.
He wants a pair of cuff links so I will involve him in making them.

Karl is no stranger to using power tools. He had is own work bench and
tiny lathe when he was five. He takes after is father and grandfather in
the Do-it-yourself stakes. They have both taught him the right way to
handle tools.
Shirley

In article , Dr. Sooz
writes

Old March 11th 04, 11:56 PM
Beadbimbo

Hi Shirley,

I think those are great for your first beads!!! Very cool!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com