Procedure to thread Singer 9020 machine

Old June 7th 06, 01:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing

Default Procedure to thread Singer 9020 machine

Hello, everyone.

This is my first message. My sister has a Singer 9020 machine. I
can't figure out how to thread it correctly - the upper thread is OK,
but how the bobbin works I can't tell. I keep trying, but I can't get
the thread to slide in anywhere (dumb description - sorry!) so that it
can go up through the throat plate.

I'm used to a Bernina, where the bobbin fits into a case which is then
simply placed into the machine and I'm ready to sew. But the Singer
doesn't have this feature - you drop the bobbin in but what do I do
with the thread... surely it winds around something inside the machine.

We can't find a manual (the machine is some years old), and I'm hoping
that someone in this group has one (or a similar machine) and can guide
me (like I need to guide that pesky thread!). Her daughter is waiting
for her new summer dress! Thanks in advance,

Old June 7th 06, 05:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing

Sew Busy Auntie wrote:
Hello, everyone.

This is my first message. My sister has a Singer 9020 machine.
I can't figure out how to thread it correctly - the upper thread
is OK, but how the bobbin works I can't tell. I keep trying,
but I can't get the thread to slide in anywhere (dumb
description - sorry!) so that it can go up through the throat
plate.

I don't see a "9020" he
http://www.sewusa.com/Threading_Diag..._threading.htm
but there is a 9022, maybe they are similar enough to help?

You can download a manual for $5.00 he
http://www.singerco.com/accessories/manuals.html

HTH,

Beverly

Old June 10th 06, 12:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing

Sew Busy Auntie wrote:
[...]

------
Singers with drop-in bobbin:
Slip bobbin into case. Use hand-wheel to draw thread tail up from
case. Pull thread towards back of needle, holding thread tail. lower
foot, begin to sew.
I know the Singers get bad press, but I love them for the speed, and
ease of sewing which they provide. Thread-winding in-case? How easy and
quick does it get? Snap- on/off feet? Speed-freaky! May you enjoy your
machine as much as I have enjoyed my Singers.
Cea

machine applique - help M Rimmer Quilting 8 April 29th 05 06:48 PM
Sewing Machine FAQ Diana Curtis Quilting 0 November 2nd 04 11:47 PM
FAQs for RCTQ Diana Curtis Quilting 7 October 4th 04 02:16 AM
Sewing Machine FAQ Diana Curtis Quilting 0 September 1st 04 02:30 PM
RCTQ FAQs *where did the month go?* Diana Curtis Quilting 20 May 3rd 04 04:09 AM