Some OT, some not. A little venting, a little beadmaking talk....

Old November 7th 04, 04:07 AM
Kalera Stratton

Yeah, I have two of those. Fortunately, I think they're the minority!

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Karen_AZ wrote:
marriage reduces STDs and also stress-related illnesses.

HA!!!!!! You should meet my EX-husband! He was MY stress-related illness!

KarenK (who's much mellower now that she's just shackin' up)

Old November 7th 04, 04:12 AM
Kalera Stratton

I agree that t he license doesn't have much to do with it. The legal
recognition is essentially a social encouragement; it makes the spouse
the legal next-of-kin, which is a very important recognition.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Karen_AZ wrote:
I know that you're being funny, but look at Shirley.

Somewhat tongue in cheek, yes, but I'll say this genuinely....before I got
my ex out of my house, I was sick with something every other month, on
average, always worrying, dodging the phone calls for creditors I didn't
even know we had, and always afraid of saying the wrong thing and flipping
him out. LOTS of stress!

Since I moved to AZ I'm able to be off my BP med (but I take it cuz I hate
feeling puffy til my body remembers to sweat), I no longer have Mylanta as a
beverage of choice, and I have laugh lines instead of frown lines. And I can
answer the phone again without hesitating. Life is MUCH better being single.

It might stay better if Mike and I get married, but I don't think the
license has anything whatsoever to do with it.

KarenK (who isn't excited by paperwork)

Old November 7th 04, 04:38 AM
Kandice Seeber

That would be fabulous. Because I just love the way this pink acts. It's
more about the way the glass acts for me than the color, in this case. I
love the color, but the glass itself is a dream. Do you know who will have
it and when they're making it?

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

There'll be more. I've been comparing it to old pink, like old OLD regular
pink, and it's awfully close, if not the same thing. I dunno if you
remember how confused I was when you were saying that the regular pink has
a peachy tone? That's because I hadn't HAD any "new" regular pink... I
still had the old pink, which is the same color as streaky pink. It even
has the streak down the side of the rods. Then I got some more pink, and
it's peachy and kind of washes out... so I thought "Oh, I actually had
Streaky Pink all along!" I even bought some Streaky Pink, and it was the
same pink as the old stuff I'd been using. Mystery solved! Until I bought
Karen Bye's old Moretti, and HER regular plain old pink was the same as my
old pink, which was the same as Streaky Pink.

Ye gods I have a way of making the simplest statement take forever!
Anyway, my point is, there will be more pink that looks and acts like
Streaky Pink, though we may know it by another name.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Kandice Seeber wrote:
LOL it's the odd lot Streaky Pink. It's my secret. I'm going to cry
when I finally run out.

Old November 7th 04, 05:01 AM
Christina Peterson

The only thing I can see to resolve this is the Chinese practice of paying a
doctor to keep you well, instead of paying doctors to "fix" people. Fits in
perfectly with a proactive national health program (a variation of "health
insurance") too.

Tina

"Kalera Stratton" wrote in message
Wow, you're right!

Now I'm thinking again... what will it take to put a stop to it?

It's not going to be long before people are arrested in their homes for
subversive speech.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Sjpolyclay wrote:
My god, that's sick. How sick does our country have to be before we put
a stop to it?

Oh, but Kalera!!! Sickness is the OTHER Big Money Industry here,

especially now
that much of our population is aging.....
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

Old November 7th 04, 05:57 AM
Kalera Stratton

I wish! No, I don't have any inside information... I'm just saying that
if I have some from ten years ago and some from five years ago and some
from last year, it's only a matter of time before they produce another
batch of it.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Old November 7th 04, 07:21 AM
starlia

I totally agree. If someone commits to a lifetime relationship why can't
they get married? (I told you guys I'm pretty liberal.) My DH is so
totally against gay marriage because of what the bible says. (He's ultra
conservative.)

Just on the curiosity side, what do other countries do? Is there any place
in the world that recognizes gay marriage?

"Kalera Stratton" wrote in message
Not only good for the economy, but marriage promotes the health of
*people* too. We should be encouraging gay people to meet their soulmates
and make a lifetime commitment; marriage reduces STDs and also
stress-related illnesses.

Not that married people are always faithful and happy, (I think almost all
of us here are quite familiar with that) but on average, marriage is good
for people. It's good for families. Even gay people have families.
*promoting* marriage does not *undermine* marriage.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Dr. Sooz wrote:
I checked recently, and my town has issued a couple of hundred same-sex
marriage licenses. As far as I can tell, it has had zero effect on anyone
outside of those unions, just like my heterosexual marriage had zero
effect on the community.

I bet that isn't entirely true. I bet it boosted your local economy.
Weddings
are good for that!
~~
Sooz

Old November 7th 04, 08:49 AM
starlia

I had no idea. That's pretty cool.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

"vj" wrote in message
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "starlia"
:

]Just on the curiosity side, what do other countries do? Is there any
place
]in the world that recognizes gay marriage?

most of Canada.

--
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com

Old November 7th 04, 09:24 AM
Kandice Seeber

Lets just hope I can get some while it's really pink.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old November 7th 04, 03:43 PM
Sjpolyclay

I think we should retool the
election to a Real World model; it would be so very American! We could
call the show "American President"

I think it would be through-the-roof ratings, but I'd bet that no handlers
would allow their candidate on the show at first, because of the potential
threat of being seen and heard badly.

Old November 7th 04, 03:46 PM
Sjpolyclay

Now I'm thinking again... what will it take to put a stop to it?

I saw the South Park episode about Wall*Mart the other day. One character said
that getting rid of the big corporate entity they didn't want was going to take
personal responsability and self control----don't buy things there, he said. Of
course the others wanted a simpler solution.