Please help identify

Old October 29th 04, 01:26 AM
TS

God, now I am stuck, I did not know cheese balls would have the variety of
sizes and people would bother with them that much, so I do concede the
possiblility

Kevin wrote in message
m...
ever see one of those big cheese balls at a party or around the
holiday season??? my mom used to cover them in these types of dishes.
I wouldn't call her a cheese fanatic but what else would you cover a
big ball of cheese in and still be able to see it? they have lots of
different sized cheese balls so i would assume that would account for
the various sizes. I have even seen cheese logs covered with what
would look like an oversized butter tray if it didn't have cheese
stuck in it. i am going with cheese cover too. just my 2 cents.
kevin b

"TS" wrote in message

No, you are right I am not getting the answer because, unless I am

missing
something besides some cerebral matter, I can't imagine them to be

cheese
covers unless someone was a cheese fanatic. I did get a couple ideas,

one
person thought they could be small plant covers---they 9Tthe glass) come
from a farming community and another thought they could be candy dish

covers
which makes some sense. As for chinese sex, someone came up with that

too,
but I think the great chairman discarded the devices after he in spoke

in
falsetto.

Glass goes beyond color, there is something that likes glass whether we

know
it or not, we can see through it, bend images, drink from it, make

pictures
and even have a glass of beer; and I vote that everyone, even the one's

who
are put off by my innocent inquirey, go to the cabinet, pick up a glass,
pour some beer gently into it, watch the bubbles and enjoy the life that
only glass can bring. Bottoms up!

Javahut wrote in message

"TS" wrote in message
Though your response is obtuse, who cares, and parsing sentences is

useless excercise--and I am usnure of the handles part except they

have
stem, so what the heck are they? I mentioned the attic part to

imply
that
think they are old ie prior to 1930. I don't really know

though---so
just
help with the solution why don't ya?

WHY? You have already been told too many times and your not getting

the
answer you want...

OK, they are extremely rare sexual devices with an ancient use by

people
with millions of dollars that will pay millions for them. Is that

more to
your liking? Get out there and auction them off, put a really high

reserve
on them and then when someone tells you they are cheap cheese dish

covers
you act surprised.

As I will be if they sell..

Old October 29th 04, 01:28 AM
TS

Could you recommend one?

C Ryman wrote in message
newsCMfd.5126$8R.4396@trnddc02...
This newsgroup is about working with glass - stained glass, fusing etc...
We don't collect manufactured glass. So our guessing is as good as yours.
You made need to find a glass collectors book to find out for sure what

they
are.

--
Connie Ryman
Cryman Studio

"TS" wrote in message
Though your response is obtuse, who cares, and parsing sentences is a
useless excercise--and I am usnure of the handles part except they have

stem, so what the heck are they? I mentioned the attic part to imply

that
think they are old ie prior to 1930. I don't really know though---so

just
help with the solution why don't ya?

Javahut wrote in message

Can anyone identify what these are?

Glass domes with handles?

We found them in my family's attic in the case thats behind them.

Doesn't change the obvious, still glass domes with handles

There are 6 glasses in all. Is there any value to them?

Nope, none for an Oxy Moron, thow them out.

Does that do anything for the etiquette? Usenet less frequently, and
only
when YOU want something.

Old November 3rd 04, 03:19 AM
nJb

I posted this on Oct 24 but it didn't get through.

TS wrote:

Can anyone identify what these are? We found them in my family's attic in
the case thats behind them. There are 6 glasses in all. Is there any value
to them?

Thanks

Tom

[Image]

http://www.hyvac.com/tech_support/Be...om%20HyVac.htm

http://sargentwelch.com/product.asp_...wit h+Knob_E_

--
Jack

bobo1148atxmissiondotcom

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/xmissionbobo/
Old November 3rd 04, 05:44 AM
Javahut

TS wrote:

Can anyone identify what these are? We found them in my family's attic
in
the case thats behind them. There are 6 glasses in all. Is there any
value
to them?

Thanks

Tom

[Image]

http://www.hyvac.com/tech_support/Be...om%20HyVac.htm

http://sargentwelch.com/product.asp_...wit h+Knob_E_

OK, those are nice, but where do you put the cheese ball?

Old November 3rd 04, 06:46 AM
nJb

TS wrote:

Can anyone identify what these are? We found them in my family's attic
in
the case thats behind them. There are 6 glasses in all. Is there any
value
to them?

Thanks

Tom

[Image]

http://www.hyvac.com/tech_support/Be...om%20HyVac.htm

http://sargentwelch.com/product.asp_...wit h+Knob_E_

OK, those are nice, but where do you put the cheese ball?

Right on top of the vacuum plate. The $4.99 ball winds up the size of an
egg.

Jack
Old November 23rd 04, 04:34 PM
Kevin

Looks like you can use bell jars for plant covers. I was looking at
this website http://www.jamestownglasshouse.com/Reproduction2.asp and
the third item down is a replicate of a bell jar. it says:

"Bell jars, also called "cucumber" or "melon" glasses were used in the
18th century in both Europe and America by gardeners to protect
delicate plants from the cold. English horticulturist, Sir Thomas
Hanmer first documented their uses in 1659. Most were made of the same
dark green glass that was used for wine bottles. Stands 9-3/4" high"

I thought that was weird.
Kevin B

Old November 24th 04, 05:25 AM
nJb

Kevin wrote:

Looks like you can use bell jars for plant covers. I was looking at
this website http://www.jamestownglasshouse.com/Reproduction2.asp and
the third item down is a replicate of a bell jar. it says:

"Bell jars, also called "cucumber" or "melon" glasses were used in the
18th century in both Europe and America by gardeners to protect
delicate plants from the cold. English horticulturist, Sir Thomas
Hanmer first documented their uses in 1659. Most were made of the same
dark green glass that was used for wine bottles. Stands 9-3/4" high"

I thought that was weird.
Kevin B

What was weird? Using green glass for something other than holding wine?
That *is* weird.

Jack

Old November 25th 04, 05:02 AM
nJb

Michele Blank wrote:

wouldn't the green block the UV light in a specific spectrum? m

Yep, that's why I think it would be wierd but maybe they want that
portion blocked. Who knows.

Jack

Identify a Bevel Help needed? Moonraker Glass 5 September 29th 04 05:24 AM
Help Identify Lampworker Name? Maeven Beads 5 August 28th 04 08:12 PM
Swarovski Article Tinkster Beads 111 March 20th 04 07:21 PM
Help Identify beads please armand vine Beads 8 March 20th 04 02:43 PM