Wonderful Wallaby?

Old August 20th 03, 06:35 PM
SlinkyToy

Default Wonderful Wallaby?

Has anyone made this sweater? I have the pattern, started it last
night. So far everything looks good, but there appears to be some
weirdness with the hood. Comments?
Old August 20th 03, 07:46 PM
Katherine Burgess

I have made several Wonderful Wallabys, and never noticed anything weird
about the hood. Mind you, it is not my favourite pattern, but once it is
knitted, it is done, which I like. g
Katherine

Old August 21st 03, 12:42 AM
arlene

What is a wonderful wallaby? Australian sweater?

Arlene

Old August 21st 03, 01:56 AM
SlinkyToy

It is a hooded sweater with a pocket. Knit in the round from the
bottom up, hood is knit on, sleeves are knit separately and sewn on
(but I'll be knitting mine on from the shoulder down, I *hate* sewing)

If you google for "wonderful wallaby sweater" you should turn up a
source for the pattern.

Old August 22nd 03, 08:26 AM
G.Kelly

Noreen now the knitter should make a stuffed toy "Joey" to stick in the
pouch ! God Bless Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

"Noreen's Knit*che" wrote in message
On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 01:18:53 -0500, G.Kelly wrote:
Slinky Toy I am left to wonder what connection it has with a
wallaby ?
Maybe the pocket is thought of as a pouch ! God Bless Gwen
Gwen Kelly

Hi Gwen,
Obviously, I'm not Slinky (oh dear, now I've got an earworm... I'm not
Slinky... to the tune of I'm Not Lisa by Jessie Colter)
Anyway, I would assume you're correct, the pocket resembles a pouch!
Big smile,
Hugs,
Noreen

Noreen's Knit*che
(Knitting, Crocheting, Tatting & BobbinLace are my NICHE in life...)
NATA #447
(my family tree is FULL of 'nuts'!)

Old August 23rd 03, 07:50 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Years ago i sewed Drora my daughter a Kanguro made of Cordroi pieces
and so was the Joey , of course my figures came from the Disney
version on POE the bear. Several years ago when She had a concert tour
in Australia , she was so lucky that a Huge Kangaru crossed their way,
she was so excited that she told it to the Audience , and somebody
from them unvited her the next day to see a farm where they took care
of the Orpahan Joeys ,,, She is still talks about it.
mirjam

Old August 23rd 03, 09:40 AM
G.Kelly

Noreen I do not think my design ability would come up to this - besides
Wallabys are too common - even if they are the cutest things God Bless
Gwen

--

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 02:26:48 -0500, G.Kelly wrote:
Noreen now the knitter should make a stuffed toy "Joey" to stick in
the
pouch ! God Bless Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

Gwen, that's a marvelous idea!
I really LIKE that!
Are you going to design one?

Old August 23rd 03, 09:45 AM
G.Kelly

Mirjam - agreat idea 0ne for boys and one for girls !! But Noreen what
would a panda baby do in a pouch ??? God Bless gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

"Noreen's Knit*che" wrote in message
On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 12:27:58 -0500, wrote:
maybe a pink joey and a light blue one ??
mirjam

Mirjam, that is a really cute idea!
Love,
Noreen
who is now 'thinking' about designing these, and maybe panda babies
too....