Overdue update (slightly ON topic!)

Old April 4th 09, 04:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Default Overdue update (slightly ON topic!)

Alan's surgery went well on Wednesday, and he says Thank You for all the
good wishes. Now comes the painful PT exercises... gentle but
relentless: for 10 mins every two hours - and it hurts! No driving for
about a month, no typing fpr a week - except one-handed! And it was his
right hand. Back to the hospital in a fortnight to get the
wound/stitches (see, a little ON topic! ) looked at.

Needs a bag sealed over it to shower! Needs to keep it up at shoulder
level when not doing exercises/sleeping...

But the surgeon seemed very competent and straight forward, and while
she sympathised about the pain (and was quite open about it being
painful!), she also said it was quite a serious exapmle and really
needed to be done! So here's hoping! It'll take about six months to
get full mobility and sensation back, and then only if it wasn't too
badly damaged to recover fully... So a waiting game. Keep him in the
back of your minds, folks. I know this is very small beer compared to
what others are suffering, and my heart goes out to those touched by
such tragedy.
http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old April 4th 09, 04:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rita L in MA

Kate XXXXXX wrote:
Alan's surgery went well on Wednesday, ...

So a waiting game. Keep him in the
back of your minds, folks. I know this is very small beer compared to
what others are suffering, and my heart goes out to those touched by
such tragedy.

Having had the caregiver experience when my DH was sick for a week (only
one week) last summer, it is YOU who will get the best of my thoughts
and wishes :-) Good wishes to Alan for a full recovery.

Rita

--
Rita L. in MA - One eyed Mutant Ninja Quilter :-)
Old April 4th 09, 07:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
Kate XXXXXX wrote:

[...]

Kate, I'm delighted to hear that the surgery went as planned. I hope
Alan will be finished with the worst of the pain much more quickly than
anticipated.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old April 4th 09, 08:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Hope Alan recovers as quickly as possible!
Barbara in Florida

Old April 5th 09, 03:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C[_3_]

Kate XXXXXX wrote:
[...]

Yikes! Sending healing thoughts to Alan, Kate!

Michelle in NV