A small finish

Old September 2nd 08, 03:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

Default A small finish

Carol Doak's online paper piecing group was treated to a BOM over the
course of the past year. I finished each block as it came out -- all in
3" squares -- and then couldn't think how to put them together in
something a bit different from a 3 x 4 setting. As I was thinking about
that last month, the group swelled to 4000 members strong (yup -- that's
four *thousand*!), and Carol designed a block to celebrate that, too. I
made that one at 6" and it became the center of a square quilt with the
BOM blocks. If you'd like to see it, I have a photo at
http://www.sandymike.net/html/paperpieced.html#Starry_Starry_Night.

Unfortunately, the photo isn't very good. The pale lavender and the
yellow I used all look almost white. I may try to redo the photo later.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old September 2nd 08, 03:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Laurie G. in CA

Really stunning, Sandy!

~~~~~~~
Laurie G. in CA
http://www.finishingtouchesquilts.com
http://community.webshots.com/user/lagrant7
~~~~~~~

Old September 2nd 08, 03:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Well now, that is just lovely. Dancing in the moonlight for ya, Sandy!

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Outside, every day, no matter what.

Old September 2nd 08, 03:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rita L. in MA

That looks gorgeous! Also, the colors render perfectly on my monitor,
or they look as you describe them. Beautiful!

Rita L.

Old September 2nd 08, 04:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bonnie Patterson[_2_]

WOW ! picture's fine

Old September 2nd 08, 04:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

Great job! Your quilting looks really nice too.

marcella

Old September 2nd 08, 04:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry Starr[_3_]

On Sep 2, 9:03*am, Sandy wrote:
Carol Doak's online paper piecing group was treated to a BOM over the
course of the past year. I finished each block as it came out -- all in
3" squares -- and then couldn't think how to put them together in
something a bit different from a 3 x 4 setting. As I was thinking about
that last month, the group swelled to 4000 members strong (yup -- that's
four *thousand*!), and Carol designed a block to celebrate that, too. I
made that one at 6" and it became the center of a square quilt with the
BOM blocks. If you'd like to see it, I have a photo at
http://www.sandymike.net/html/paperpieced.html#Starry_Starry_Night.

Unfortunately, the photo isn't very good. The pale lavender and the
yellow I used all look almost white. I may try to redo the photo later.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sw.foster1 (at) gmail (dot) com (remove/change the obvious)http://www.sandymike.net

The picture looks great. I love the colors. I need to get brave and
really try paper piecing. I have done 1 or 2 practice things that
were mini disasters. I have one of Carol's books.

Sherry Starr
Old September 2nd 08, 05:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

That is absolutely beautiful, Sandy. I really love it - all my kinds of
favourite things included in one little masterpiece. It's definitely
and 'I wish I had made that' quilt. Can't see the quilting on my
screen, but I can see the pale lavender and yellow. So very pretty.
..
In message , Sandy
writes
Carol Doak's online paper piecing group was treated to a BOM over the
course of the past year. I finished each block as it came out -- all in
3" squares -- and then couldn't think how to put them together in
something a bit different from a 3 x 4 setting. As I was thinking about
that last month, the group swelled to 4000 members strong (yup -- that's
four *thousand*!), and Carol designed a block to celebrate that, too. I
made that one at 6" and it became the center of a square quilt with the
BOM blocks. If you'd like to see it, I have a photo at
http://www.sandymike.net/html/paperpieced.html#Starry_Starry_Night.

Unfortunately, the photo isn't very good. The pale lavender and the
yellow I used all look almost white. I may try to redo the photo later.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old September 2nd 08, 06:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

So gorgeous! And what a great way to set them. You deserve a round of
applause!
Is there a site with, er, 4000 mini quilts on it? All in different
colors? Wow!
Roberta in D

wrote:

Carol Doak's online paper piecing group was treated to a BOM over the
course of the past year. I finished each block as it came out -- all in
3" squares -- and then couldn't think how to put them together in
something a bit different from a 3 x 4 setting. As I was thinking about
that last month, the group swelled to 4000 members strong (yup -- that's
four *thousand*!), and Carol designed a block to celebrate that, too. I
made that one at 6" and it became the center of a square quilt with the
BOM blocks. If you'd like to see it, I have a photo at
http://www.sandymike.net/html/paperpieced.html#Starry_Starry_Night.

Unfortunately, the photo isn't very good. The pale lavender and the
yellow I used all look almost white. I may try to redo the photo later.

Another Finish Magic Mood Jeep Needlework 3 September 29th 07 02:56 PM
Finish or not... Aud Yarn 15 October 3rd 05 08:29 PM
A Finish! Shannon Needlework 1 August 28th 05 11:25 AM
Another finish Brenda Lewis Needlework 0 June 16th 05 03:59 PM
I can finish it now! Lindroos Quilting 0 October 26th 03 04:39 AM