Grinder Problems

Old October 23rd 07, 03:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Michael[_2_]

Default Grinder Problems

When I first got my new grinder I was thrilled with it, but I've been
having problems recently and I'm thinking about sending it back to the
manufacturer. Yesterday I spent almost 20 minutes grinding on a piece
and it was still too small.

Michael

Old October 23rd 07, 03:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker[_2_]

"Michael" wrote in message
oups.com...
When I first got my new grinder I was thrilled with it, but I've been
having problems recently and I'm thinking about sending it back to the
manufacturer. Yesterday I spent almost 20 minutes grinding on a piece
and it was still too small.

Michael

Grind the ones next to it, then.

Old October 23rd 07, 08:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
David Billington

Michael wrote:

When I first got my new grinder I was thrilled with it, but I've been
having problems recently and I'm thinking about sending it back to the
manufacturer. Yesterday I spent almost 20 minutes grinding on a piece
and it was still too small.

Michael

Are you saying that if you keep on grinding it is going to get bigger?.

Old October 23rd 07, 11:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Michael[_2_]

Michele wrote:

hun h?????

******************
I used to be a carpenter, and the saying then was "I cut it off twice
and it's still too short."

Michael

Old October 23rd 07, 01:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Glassman

"Michael" wrote in message
oups.com...
When I first got my new grinder I was thrilled with it, but I've been
having problems recently and I'm thinking about sending it back to the
manufacturer. Yesterday I spent almost 20 minutes grinding on a piece
and it was still too small.

Michael

LOL.... that's why I'm using the same head for the last 5 years. I grind
to take the sharpness off. I believe in taking the time to be a more
accurate cutter, and spending as little time as possible at the grinder....
but what do I know?

--
JK Sinrod
www.SinrodStudios.com

Old October 23rd 07, 07:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
[email protected]

On Oct 23, 5:04 am, "glassman" wrote:
"Michael" wrote in message

oups.com...

When I first got my new grinder I was thrilled with it, but I've been
having problems recently and I'm thinking about sending it back to the
manufacturer. Yesterday I spent almost 20 minutes grinding on a piece
and it was still too small.

Michael

LOL.... that's why I'm using the same head for the last 5 years. I grind
to take the sharpness off. I believe in taking the time to be a more
accurate cutter, and spending as little time as possible at the grinder....
but what do I know?

--
JK Sinrodwww.SinrodStudios.comwww.MyConeyIslandMemori es.com

You should just use a saw. LOL

Old October 23rd 07, 08:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Javahut[_4_]

LOL.... that's why I'm using the same head for the last 5 years. I

grind
to take the sharpness off. I believe in taking the time to be a more
accurate cutter, and spending as little time as possible at the

grinder....
but what do I know?

--
JK Sinrodwww.SinrodStudios.comwww.MyConeyIslandMemori es.com

You should just use a saw. LOL

LOL........ or a wet belt sander!!

Old October 29th 07, 04:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Byron

Saw a sign at a supplier a while back that said: "Everytime we make
something idiot-proof they just make better idiots!"

--
Byron...
Wells Glassworks

oups.com...

Old October 29th 07, 05:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Michael[_2_]

JK wrote:

LOL.... that's why I'm using the same head for the last 5 years. I
grind to take the sharpness off. I believe in taking the time to be
a more accurate cutter, and spending as little time as possible at the
grinder.... but what do I know?

**********************
I have seen your work and it's obvious you know plenty, JK. One thing
I've noticed though with commercial lamp kits is that the pattern you
cut to doesn't exactly match the pattern that is on the mold. Cutting
just a little larger and grinding a bit is a trade-off on having to
recut pieces where the cutting pattern is much smaller than the mold
pattern.

Michael

Newbie needs to buy a grinder FlameNwind Glass 33 April 25th 06 05:44 PM
glass grinder [email protected] Glass 1 February 11th 06 10:22 PM
best beginner grinder Walker Glass 5 February 9th 06 06:36 PM
GRINDER GRINDER GRINDER! Kalera Stratton Beads 19 January 6th 05 09:27 PM
looking for kiln & grinder Jeff Glass 1 September 15th 03 01:45 AM