Stained Glass Books

Old October 8th 07, 04:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker[_2_]

Default Stained Glass Books

"glassman" wrote in message

"Michael" wrote in message
ps.com...
Jim asked:

Mind if I ask who you use?

**************
Not at all! I've made two online glass buys now, both from
GlassCrafters.

I know them very well. We started out in business about the same time,
and they had a retail store up here 20 miles from me for many years, until
they went wholesale and moved to Florida. Say hi to big Jim for me.

--

Huh? I thought GlassCrafters is in Houston, TX.

Old October 8th 07, 09:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Jim[_2_]

"Michael" wrote in message
ps.com...
Jim asked:

Mind if I ask who you use?

**************
Not at all! I've made two online glass buys now, both from
GlassCrafters. I'm not a big fan of 12"x12" pieces. They are too
small. I made an 11" x 18" Victorian floral recently that has several
pieces longer than 12", so it doesn't take a big window to make 12x12
pieces too small. Some online glass stores sell nothing any bigger
than 12x12, but GlassCrafter's large sheets come in either 16x24 or
sometimes as small 16x18, but both those sizes will generally
accomodate the windows I am making.

They have a flat-rate $10 boxing fee for the large size. The box for
the large sheets will hold 12 pieces. I always try to order 12 so
that I'm spreading the boxing fee out the most. GlassCrafters also
seems to always be having some kind of across-the-board special. My
first order was free shipping. My second order was 10% off. My first
order arrived with zero broken pieces. My second one had the outside
sheet broke into two pieces. It didn't bother me much. Totally
useable.

Please bear in mind that I am a newbie and have only bought online
from GlassCrafters, so there's no reason to think that there aren't
better places out there. Another reason I like GlassCrafters is that
they have a hardcopy catalog. I get tired of browsing online, and I
can make notes and dogtag pages and circle items in the catalog. I
can also call in an order and ask them questions while I'm ordering.
They are very patient and happy to help.

Good luck, Michael

I use these folks http://warner-criv.com/
but they are online and my new home has sloooooooow dialup. How do I contact
GlassCrafters? I'd love to have a hardcopy catalog!
Jim

Old October 8th 07, 11:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Michael[_2_]

Moonraker wrote:

Huh? I thought GlassCrafters is in Houston, TX.

***************
I think Sarasota. We were thinking about making a day trip there when
we were on vacation in Jacksonville, but when we found Sarasota on the
map, it was farther than we wanted to go for a one-day jaunt.

Michael

Old October 8th 07, 11:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Michael[_2_]

Jim wrote:

How do I contact GlassCrafters? I'd love to have a hardcopy catalog!

********************
800-422-4552. Tell em Moe sent you. I don't know anybody by that
name but it will make them wonder what the heck you're talking about.

Michael

Old October 9th 07, 06:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Glassman

" Moonraker" wrote in message

**************
Not at all! I've made two online glass buys now, both from
GlassCrafters.

I know them very well. We started out in business about the same time,
and they had a retail store up here 20 miles from me for many years,
until they went wholesale and moved to Florida. Say hi to big Jim for
me.

--

Huh? I thought GlassCrafters is in Houston, TX.

Florida...... although Houston SG used to have a similar name 10 years
ago:

http://www.glasscrafters.com/

--
JK Sinrod
www.SinrodStudios.com

Old October 9th 07, 05:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Grant and Lori Golden

800-422-4552. Tell em Moe sent you. I don't know anybody by that
name but it will make them wonder what the heck you're talking about.

Michael

LOL! I'm lovin' this guy!

Old October 9th 07, 06:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
michele

glasscraftsupply is still alive and trying to get my biz from tx. I used to
do a lot of biz w/ glasscrafters in sarasota, never have done any w/Tx.
(Wonder why they keep sending me ads??) so there are 2 different but similar
named co. m
"Javahut" wrote in message

"glassman" wrote in message

"Javahut" wrote in message

For every $100 you send me I'll send you $300 worth of assorted

books
and
patterns.

that sounds like a good deal, depending how current your selections
are.

got any Tiffany at Auction books by Alastair Duncan? What do you have

sell in that line?

Don't you have 50 of those in the attic?

I have 50 of the Tiffany WIndows books, always good to burn, er sell on
ebay, just wondered what you did have in old books, anything of interest
an old fart...none of this new stuff...

Old October 10th 07, 12:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Glassman

"michele" wrote in message
glasscraftsupply is still alive and trying to get my biz from tx. I used
to do a lot of biz w/ glasscrafters in sarasota, never have done any w/Tx.
(Wonder why they keep sending me ads??) so there are 2 different but
similar named co. m

Glasscraft = Houston SG

Glasscrafters = the now Florida, former NY outfit.

Old October 10th 07, 11:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Jim[_2_]

"Michael" wrote in message
oups.com...
Jim wrote:

How do I contact GlassCrafters? I'd love to have a hardcopy catalog!

********************
800-422-4552.

Thanks for the number. Do they not have a website?

Old October 11th 07, 12:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Jim[_2_]

"Jim" wrote in message

"Michael" wrote in message
oups.com...
Jim wrote:

How do I contact GlassCrafters? I'd love to have a hardcopy catalog!

800-422-4552.

Thanks for the number. Do they not have a website?

Never mind! I found them; duh.... Brain fart.
They seem to be very competitive with the other outfit I've been using.
Are you actually getting 16X24 sheets sent w/o significant
breakage???!!!!! That would be awesome!!!!
Thanks,
Jim