Retail Glass Distributors

Old September 10th 07, 11:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Michael[_2_]

Default Retail Glass Distributors

Do you know of an online store that will sale all the Spectrum and
Kokomo glasses to a hobbyist? If so, I would appreciate the link.
This weekend I went through glass samples from both manufacturers and
found some that I want but they aren't all available at Glass
Crafters, the last place I bought glass from.

Thank you, Michael

Old September 10th 07, 10:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
[email protected]

On Sep 10, 3:55 am, Michael wrote:
Do you know of an online store that will sale all the Spectrum and
Kokomo glasses to a hobbyist? If so, I would appreciate the link.
This weekend I went through glass samples from both manufacturers and
found some that I want but they aren't all available at Glass
Crafters, the last place I bought glass from.

Thank you, Michael

I don't know that many online shope that would have the entire line of
Spectrum let alone the line of Kokomo. I think Specrrum must have over
500 types of glass and if I recall, Kokomo has three times that. Most
retail shops should be able to order the specific glass for you the
next time they order. I do that all the time. The only problem is that
I usually have to order a full sheet and if it's some sort of odd ball
that I know won't sell then the customer takes the whole sheet.
Sometimes I can order partial sheets and if it's possible I do that. I
think you can order direct from Kokomo but the shipping and boxing
will kill ya!

Andy

Old September 10th 07, 11:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Michael[_2_]

Andy wrote:

I don't know that many online shope that would have the entire line of
Spectrum let alone the line of Kokomo. I think Specrrum must have over
500 types of glass and if I recall, Kokomo has three times that.

*************
Thank you for responding. I guess I'm interested in a subset of every
they make. I want to be able to get anything they have in their
sample boxes. The sample boxes I looked at had maybe a couple hundred
samples each. I'll see if Glass Crafters will order it for me.

Thanks, Michael

Old September 11th 07, 02:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Javahut[_4_]

"Michael" wrote in message
ups.com...
Andy wrote:

I don't know that many online shope that would have the entire line of
Spectrum let alone the line of Kokomo. I think Specrrum must have over
500 types of glass and if I recall, Kokomo has three times that.

*************
Thank you for responding. I guess I'm interested in a subset of every
they make. I want to be able to get anything they have in their
sample boxes. The sample boxes I looked at had maybe a couple hundred
samples each. I'll see if Glass Crafters will order it for me.

Thanks, Michael

Well hell Michael, that all any of us want, I go to Kokomo's factory quite
often, and even they don't have everything in their sample box. that would
be foolish on their part. Why stock something that isn't going to move out
the door, some of it will just sit, some of it you can't keep enough around.

If you are in Indiana you owe it to your self to take a trip to Kokomo, they
are on Market street just on the east edge of town, just south of whatever
road it is that comes in from Gas City. There you will see more than you
have imagined, of course, the op shop is where you will buy from, so unless
you take the tour, you won't see the warehouse. Visit their web site,
KOG.com and find out what day they have the tour, and go buy all the
beautiful glass you want.

Old September 11th 07, 02:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Glassman

"Michael" wrote in message
ups.com...
Do you know of an online store that will sale all the Spectrum and
Kokomo glasses to a hobbyist? If so, I would appreciate the link.
This weekend I went through glass samples from both manufacturers and
found some that I want but they aren't all available at Glass
Crafters, the last place I bought glass from.

Thank you, Michael

Where are you located? Have you tried a local SG shop for ordering?
Personally I don't want too much to show to customers. It makes it that much
harder for all of us to choose. Keep a sample set, and just order what you
need.

--
JK Sinrod
www.SinrodStudios.com

Old September 11th 07, 12:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Michael[_2_]

glassman wrote:

Where are you located? Have you tried a local SG shop for ordering?
Personally I don't want too much to show to customers. It makes it
that much harder for all of us to choose. Keep a sample set, and just
order what you need.

***********
I'm in southern Indiana. Bloomington. Indiana University and all
that. I'm actually a little ways out into the country, with an
address to a town about 15 miles away from Bloomington called
Bloomfield. The nearest glass store is in Bloomfield and it's only a
short 20 minute drive for me. He's really a great guy but he also has
a printing business in the same room and I've seen plenty of other
customers when I am there but never anyone but me interested in the
stained glass portion. I ordered some glass from him about a week
after I got back from vacation in July and he still hasn't placed the
order. At the time he told me it would be three weeks.

I have gotten glass online but ordering from pictures is really
marginal. It's hard to tell how clear it is and the dominant color,
etc.

Thanks, Michael

Old September 11th 07, 12:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Michael[_2_]

Three weeks to get the glass. Not three weeks before he would place
the order. He's running close to two months overdue. I'd like to get
the glass to build that transom window I put together way back when.

Michael

Old September 11th 07, 05:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Norma

On Sep 10, 6:55 am, Michael wrote:
Do you know of an online store that will sale all the Spectrum and
Kokomo glasses to a hobbyist? If so, I would appreciate the link.
This weekend I went through glass samples from both manufacturers and
found some that I want but they aren't all available at Glass
Crafters, the last place I bought glass from.

Thank you, Michael

Have you tried Sunshine glassworks?

Old September 11th 07, 07:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker[_2_]

"Michael" wrote in message
ups.com...
Do you know of an online store that will sale all the Spectrum and
Kokomo glasses to a hobbyist? If so, I would appreciate the link.
This weekend I went through glass samples from both manufacturers and
found some that I want but they aren't all available at Glass
Crafters, the last place I bought glass from.

Thank you, Michael

Is there no SG store in " India-no-place?" Or Cincinatti?

Even living in Atlanta, there's a dearth of SG stores to pick from. I can
only think of two in the immediate metro area and another two on the far
suburban fringes. Of course, there's Armstrong's outlet store also.

As you probably have noticed, the 3x3 samples aren't always the same as
the real sheets when you see them in person.

Old September 11th 07, 07:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
[email protected]

On Sep 11, 4:44 am, Michael wrote:
Three weeks to get the glass. Not three weeks before he would place
the order. He's running close to two months overdue. I'd like to get
the glass to build that transom window I put together way back when.

Michael

As a retailer I can sympathieze...with the cost of fuel/freight today,
I have to wait till I have at least a full crate's worth of glass to
order. Even getting glass shipped, cut down and in a cardboard box
hardly makes it worthwhile to do small special orders anymore...and I
have to make a living or at least something close to it.

Andy