Pfaff bobbin fix

Old February 17th 04, 09:34 AM
Roberta Zollner

Default Pfaff bobbin fix

The only thing that really annoyed me about my Pfaff was the bobbin winder.
The automatic stop feature left about 1/8" of empty bobbin space, which I
had been filling up by hand. (When machine quilting, every meter of thread
counts!)

Then I had a lightbulb moment (duh!): the plastic thingy that tells the
machine when the bobbin is "full" has a simple screw holding it in place. I
loosened the screw, filled a bobbin to where *I* thought it was full, and
tightened the screw again!
Roberta in D

Old February 17th 04, 10:58 AM
Patti

Aren't these moments just the most exciting things in life, Roberta?!
This is a particularly good one, though. Well done, you.
..
In article , Roberta Zollner
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old February 17th 04, 06:24 PM
Shirley Shone

Thanks for the tip Roberta. I will have to look at my machine. I too
fill it up by hand
Shirley

In article , Roberta Zollner
writes

Old February 17th 04, 06:37 PM
Yvonne Stuchell

What a great idea! I've had my Pfaff for almost 20 years now (it's
been a great workhorse for all this time) and have always been
frustrated by the un-full full bobbin. Never noticed the screw
adjustment, though - must've been TOO obvious for me.

Yvonne (who can't wait to get home and see the obvious fix that I've
been missing all this time!)

=====
Yvonne Stuchell

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Village/8540
Wife/food_scientist/quilter/mom/nurse/cheerleader/housekeeper/gardener/home
remodeler/every role that life demands from us

Old February 17th 04, 10:46 PM
kjbs

My heavens! You're a genius. Now I can fix my machine too!

Thanks,

Kelly
Beaverton, Oregon

Old February 17th 04, 10:52 PM
stargazer

Today I found this discussion group again after several months away. I
live in Holland and years ago asked for advice here when buying a
sewing machine. Many quilters advised Pfaff, which I have purchased
and use for my quilts. I was delighted today then to read about the
bobbin fix. Thankyou Roberta!

B: Dreitransport-Nähmaschinen von Pfaff Helmut Voelkel Marketplace 0 July 2nd 04 05:55 PM
FW bobbin question Jan Quilting 2 January 27th 04 06:00 AM
Bought Singer 603- How to wind bobbin? Cina Quilting 6 December 11th 03 08:44 AM
HELP!!! BOBBIN WON'T COME OFF Laura Bartl Quilting 8 November 16th 03 11:16 PM
Pfaff questions Jennifer Hepworth Quilting 1 July 11th 03 02:42 AM