Protect your favorites

Old June 27th 09, 06:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AliceW

Default Protect your favorites

You can back up your favorites to a file on your desktop and then save that
file to a thumb drive or CD. Here is a link that will explain how to do
that for several popular web browsers.

I am a big nag when it comes to backing up our computer equipment. I had
backed up my fairly new laptop one day only to have the hard drive crash the
following week. Luckily I had not used it very much that week and didn't
lose anything vital. The pictures I had downloaded were still on my camera
but this is the laptop I travel with and download all my pictures to on a
daily basis while on vacation. I took 1,100 pictures of my cross-country
train ride so I when say I "take" pictures, I mean I really TAKE pictures.
And there are no negatives! Even if you take only a few pictures, it would
be sad to lose them. It's good to get into the habit of making backups -
and make sure one copy is stored at another location!

Alice
"Do what you like, like what you do"

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
: What if your computer jumped off the table and committed suicide?
Crashed,
: Smashed or went goofy? It could happen. You know that.
: Do you have your list of favorites backed-up?
: When mine became sort of strange, my first panic was my list of online
: quilt shops I love as well as places for free online quilt designs, best
: place for batting and thread .... well, you know.
: I have no idea what I'm talking about but my sweet neighbor came
: through, saw my panic, put something smaller than a fat postage stamp in
my
: computer and copied my favorites and address book. I don't know if it was
: Blue Tooth (which sounds painful to me) or an iiPR373-ml832. Don't care.
: If you're skilled enough, back up your favorites on disc or something.
: If you're not, get help. If no help is available, there's always pencil
and
: paper. Do what you've got to do. If you lose your favorites, your face
: won't freeze and you won't poke you eye out but it sure would be an
: unnecessary misery. Polly
:
:
:

Old June 28th 09, 04:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Bless your heart Alice. Thank you from me too. I knew backing up the
favorites was vital but didn't have a clue how to accomplish it. Polly

"Phyllis Nilsson" wrote THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! My favorites are
now on my thumb drive.

"AliceW" wrote You can back up your favorites to a file on your desktop