'splain to me about 'band saws'

Old July 11th 06, 04:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
nJb

Default and something else now.....( 'splain to me about 'band saws')

wrote:

hey moonie...i don't need prozac...i don't want the world to go
bye-bye...
i love my reality...it may not be YOUR reality, but it's mine..and i
love it!!

:-))

and yes, there are LOTS AND LOTS of less attentive folk out there...
but Prozac sure won't help that...
sort of flat lines your personality...i've seen it happen too many
times.

is everyone back there on drugs??
here we get high on O2....

second highest oxygen levels on the planet..
yes, that's a fact!

arlene

The highest levels are in my studio where two of the three flameworkers
went on vacation leaving a large vessel of liquid O2 that vents every
half hour. What a waste of oxygen.

--
Jack

http://www.glasterpiece.com
Old July 11th 06, 04:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker

"nJb" wrote in message

PS...I just started back through re-reading all those magazines you

sent
me. Thanks again.

Any stray thong pics between the pages?

--
Jack

http://www.glasterpiece.com

I promise I'll send you a copy of any I find....

Old July 11th 06, 04:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker

"nJb" wrote in message

If I have to pull this car over you both are in big trouble.

--
Jack

http://www.glasterpiece.com

You are in rare form tonight. ;)

Old July 11th 06, 06:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
nJb

Moonraker wrote:
"nJb" wrote in message

If I have to pull this car over you both are in big trouble.

--
Jack

http://www.glasterpiece.com

You are in rare form tonight. ;)

It's the cheap malt liquor. I'll regret it in the morning.

--
Jack

http://www.glasterpiece.com
Old July 11th 06, 09:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
garysoudyglass

nJb wrote:
wrote:

Moonraker wrote:

And as a further clarification, the lead in that panel was 5/32",
not
1/8", making the tolerances even smaller.

Hey Moon,
4/32" is 1/8" so 5/32" is just a tad bigger. :-)

Andy

A tad? Are you calling .031" a tad?

Sorry. Thirty years as a machinist screwed up my idea of "tad". Doesn't
help in my glasswork.

Oh wait, I'm not sorry. That's 25% bigger.

--
Jack

http://www.glasterpiece.com

I have to disagree. 1/32" is a legitimate tad. 3/64" would be a 'good
tad'. 1/16" would be a 'bit'. A concatenation of 'tad bit' would not be
equivalent to 3/32" however. It would simply be synonymous with 'tad'.
A 'good bit' could be anything from 1/16"-up.

Old July 11th 06, 10:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker

"garysoudyglass" wrote in message
ups.com...
nJb wrote:
wrote:

Moonraker wrote:

And as a further clarification, the lead in that panel was 5/32",
not
1/8", making the tolerances even smaller.

Hey Moon,
4/32" is 1/8" so 5/32" is just a tad bigger. :-)

Andy

A tad? Are you calling .031" a tad?

Sorry. Thirty years as a machinist screwed up my idea of "tad". Doesn't
help in my glasswork.

Oh wait, I'm not sorry. That's 25% bigger.

--
Jack

http://www.glasterpiece.com

I have to disagree. 1/32" is a legitimate tad. 3/64" would be a 'good
tad'. 1/16" would be a 'bit'. A concatenation of 'tad bit' would not be
equivalent to 3/32" however. It would simply be synonymous with 'tad'.
A 'good bit' could be anything from 1/16"-up.

I thought anything from 1/16" and up was a 'schosh'?

And anything 1/64" and under is a RCH.

Old July 12th 06, 08:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Kalera

nJb wrote:

The highest levels are in my studio where two of the three flameworkers
went on vacation leaving a large vessel of liquid O2 that vents every
half hour. What a waste of oxygen.

Just the thought makes me tear up a little.

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
Old July 12th 06, 08:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
JK@work

wrote in message
oups.com...

glassman wrote:

Foil will always be viewed as a sissy, girly, newbie, hobby medium to

the
"real men" that use lead came. I do agree that foil does look better in
many applications, but a true camer will always think that thread lead

is
equal to foil in appearance. The one negative to be said about lead is

that
it's really really dirty and messy. You can do foil in your home. I use

both
equally.

well, there you go...first of all, the 'real men' quote should be a
dead give away
what's really going on here (!!!) but i don't see how anyone can
possibly equate
the work of Louis B. Tiffany with 'hobby medium'....

as a non-leader...what's 'thread lead'??

Sorry Arlene that you didn't get the over the top chauvinism... thread
lead is 1/8 wide came that is equal to or thinner than foil.

--
JK Sinrod
www.sinrodstudios.com

Old July 12th 06, 08:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
JK@work

"Former Lurker" wrote in message

Your hung up on Tiffany, not the only person to compare to of that era,

and
Tiffany certainly used lead cames as often as anyone else. He wasn't the
"end all, be all" of stained glass. He just hired the people that knew

how
to do it. and he knew how to promote his work. I say "his" because it is
the name on the building/company, he just had the money and some great
design ideas that he passed on to his glass designers, and glaziers who

knew
how to execute.

You're one of the few that gets it Lurker. I tell exactly this Tiffany
story version to my beginners students in the first lecture. Along with the
fact that old Louis was considered the "great emancipator" of women for
being one of the first companies to use women in the design and construction
process. He said they had a flair for design and a feel for craftmanship.
Privately he told his cronies that he used women because he could pay them
less in wages. He would walk through the shop with a heavy cane and often
smash finished objects d'art he didn't like. He himself was a total failure
at any art he attempted. His really brilliant idea was to use the mountains
of scrap leftover from the windows, to make the lamps. His goal was to have
a SG lamp in every middleclass home. "To Bring beauty into the home, so you
may live with it and thus enhance your life". What a line of commecial BS
huh? He was a really good sales and marketer, not an artist.

Old July 12th 06, 08:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker

"JK@work" wrote in message

[...]

Sorta sounds like today's beadmakers.