Merry Christmas

Old December 23rd 05, 11:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Default Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to one and all

Old December 23rd 05, 11:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Yes, Merry Christmas to everyone!

In the spirit of the season, I offer the words to my favorite song (a
beautiful tune and a beautiful sentiment), sung by the immortal Kermit
the Frog, from John Denver and the Muppets A Christmas Together:

The Christmas wish

I don't know if you believe in Christmas
Or if you have presents underneath the Christmas tree
But if you believe in love
That will be more than enough
For you to come and celebrate with me

For I have held the precious gift that love brings
Even though I never saw a Christmas star
I know there is a light
I have felt it burn inside
And I have seen it shining from afar

Christmas is the time to come together
A time to put all differences aside
And I reach out my hand
To the family of man
To share the joy I feel at Christmas time

For the truth that binds us all together
I would like to say a simple prayer
That at this special time
You will have true peace of mind
And love to last throughout the coming year

And if you believe in love
That will be more than enough
For peace to last throughout the coming year
And peace on earth will last throughout the year

I'll "see" you all next week!

Joan in too-warm-for-Christmas-ND...33 degrees!

Old December 23rd 05, 11:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Thanks for this post. Kermit is one of my very favorite "people."

I wish you and all a Merry Christmas, a Happy Hanukkah, a wonderful Kwanza
and since I'm sure I left out a lot I will change that to read:

HAVE A VERY HAPPY WHATEVER

Lucille

oups.com...

Old December 24th 05, 12:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

From rctn, but I wanted this to be personal!

I also send this wish to you, and may the New Year be joyous to you. !!I
know little of you, but you are obviously an awesome stitcher . I think
we can all be thankful for any expertise you can add to the group.

Am I incorrect because I think that maybe American/English is not your
native tongue? You write fantastically, and I envy you your gift of
languages.

Mu son is in Japan and married a Japanese lady this week. We were always
a military family, living in different areas, so I think it is wonderful
to embrace all nationalities and cultures.

In case you do not know, I was born English. and came to the USA on a
one year contract when I was 25. I met my future husband,,,,,,,,,,,,,and
so it goes!

gillian

Old December 24th 05, 01:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 18:58:40 -0500, "Lucille"
wrote:

Thanks for this post. Kermit is one of my very favorite "people."

I wish you and all a Merry Christmas, a Happy Hanukkah, a wonderful Kwanza
and since I'm sure I left out a lot I will change that to read:

HAVE A VERY HAPPY WHATEVER

Lucille

Well, then here are the words to my favorite Kermit song, which I sing
to Mikabird and she loves it...because she's also green!

It's Not Easy Being Green
-Kermit the Frog

It's not that easy being green;
Having to spend each day the color of the leaves.
When I think it could be nicer being red, or yellow or gold...
or something much more colorful like that.

It's not easy being green.
It seems you blend in with so many other ord'nary things.
And people tend to pass you over 'cause you're
not standing out like flashy sparkles in the water
or stars in the sky.

But green's the color of Spring.
And green can be cool and friendly-like.
And green can be big like an ocean, or important like a mountain,
or tall like a tree.

When green is all there is to be
It could make you wonder why, but why wonder why?
Wonder, I am green and it'll do fine, it's beautiful!
And I think it's what I want to be.
Old December 24th 05, 01:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

That is agreat little song. Kermit right is hard being green. I love that
frog and even have stuff Kermit the frog.

Merry Christmas and a Save New Year

Old December 24th 05, 02:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

I used to sing that one to a very ill child, who looked frail and was frail.
She knew she couldn't keep up with her contemporaries because of her illness
and that song painted a perfect picture of someone who is a bit different,
knows and understands it and must learn to accept it to survive with even a
modicum of happiness.

Lucille

Old December 24th 05, 04:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Merry Christmas to all and a wish for peace to all regardless of all our
differences of opinion.
Clarice in AZ

"Genghis Khan's Wife" wrote in message
Merry Christmas to one and all

Wishing You All A Merry Christmas And A Happy New year Stella Fenley Yarn 7 December 22nd 05 12:31 PM
merry christmas Nadine Quilting 6 December 22nd 04 04:39 AM
Merry Christmas Russell Miller Needlework 0 December 23rd 03 06:05 PM
Merry Christmas Cats spampot Sewing 0 December 21st 03 10:52 PM
Merry Christmas Fred Needlework 1 December 21st 03 03:08 PM