It's about time...

Old January 20th 04, 09:12 PM
Addie

Default It's about time...

....I introduced myself. Like others here I have lurked quite a bit but only
posted a few times when I felt I could give a good answer or had a good
question.

I started stitching years ago when I was a kid and I still have the pot
holder I made then. Looking at it now, I see that I hand quilted it and
then embroidered using satin, lazy daisy, and stem stitches as well as
french knots. I also see 20 years later that the treadle sewing machine
tension was off and that it needs a good wash. I learned to sew from my mom
who is a kilt maker and have taught myself a lot of other things. I taught
myself how to crochet and knit, although I don't do either very often.

I also taught myself to cross-stitch and have now begun to explore fibers
other than DMC (a recurring theme on this list) and other stitches. I am
just finishing up Victoria Sampler's Heirloom Christmas Sampler and I'm
quite impressed with my work although next time I will add all of the beads
at the end so it will fit onto my scroll frame better. This was my first
project that I used a scroll frame on and I love it. Also in progress are
Stoney Creek's "Our Family" for my parent's 30th anniversary (if I finish on
time!), TW's Storyteller (my first experience with tweeding), and a few
freebies.

I have just started trying to design some projects on my own. My themes
usually relate to Korea as I lived and taught there for 2 years and it's
still close to my heart. I have also converted a couple of photos to
charts, and I stitched one of them already (Leaning Tower of Pisa for my
friend who took the picture). My husband has taken up stitching and is
working on a Superman and Batman image (yes, I know copyrights and all, but
he started on it quite a while ago before I knew all of that and I just dont
have the heart to make him give it up. He'll probably finish in 10 or 15
years since he has so many other things that he loves to do.

Outside of stitching, I am a substitute teacher going for my first job
interview tomorrow and am a newlywed (6 months) with no kids, but a fish
named Rupert. I live in Central Alberta and keep having to drive to
Edmonton for a good LNS, since the one here closed in the fall. I enjoy
going to hockey games and cooking. I just hate the cleaning up.

Well, I guess I've rambled on enough, but I knew it was time for me to
introduce myself. I feel like I know some of you already!

Addie Otto

--

remove "nospam" to reply

Old January 20th 04, 09:36 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

WELCOME! Enjoy. Keep creating. So glad you decided to post!
Dianne

Old January 20th 04, 09:44 PM
LUSNMYMIND

Yay! Another hockey stitcher!! Welcome, Addie and a high-five for your husband,
taking on a 'gentler' art. How wonderful to be able to stitch together. It's
great that you're designing, as well.

Happy stitchin'
Rhonda
Old January 21st 04, 12:27 AM
Cheryl Isaak

Welcome Addie,
Always glad to have another hockey fan around! Who do you root for?
Cheryl

Old January 21st 04, 04:02 AM
Addie

Always the Red Deer Rebels, of Dion Phaneuf and Derek Meech fame, and
usually the Flames and Oilers. I grew up a Flames fan, but I'm slowly
converting. However, if they're playing each other, Flames it is!

--

remove "nospam" to reply

Old January 21st 04, 04:45 AM
Rachel Janzen

Addie wrote:
I live in Central Alberta and keep having to drive to
Edmonton for a good LNS, since the one here closed in the fall.

Addie Otto

Stitcher's Heaven? I try to make it there everytime I'm in Edmonton. I
even introduced my two closest friends to it at Thanksgiving. You think
Red Deer to Edmonton is bad - try Saskatchewan to Edmonton for a great LNS.

Rachel

Old February 1st 04, 09:38 PM
Ellice

On 1/20/04 4:44 PM,"LUSNMYMIND" posted:

Yay! Another hockey stitcher!! Welcome, Addie and a high-five for your
husband,
taking on a 'gentler' art. How wonderful to be able to stitch together. It's
great that you're designing, as well.

Ditto - adding on to Rhonda's welcome. Glad to have you here, and plus you
can add to our frequent hockey-incursions to stitchin' conversations.

Ellice

Old February 1st 04, 10:57 PM
Thistle 62

Yay! Another hockey stitcher!! Welcome,

Me too, me too! My husband is the PA announcer for the Washington CAPS so I
guess I have to be a fan! I actually hated the sport until he took me to my
first game and now, I am completely addicted. The more fights the better...
(LOL!)

KJ
Old February 2nd 04, 01:40 AM
Ellice

On 2/1/04 5:57 PM,"Thistle 62" posted:

Yay! Another hockey stitcher!! Welcome,

Me too, me too! My husband is the PA announcer for the Washington CAPS so I
guess I have to be a fan! I actually hated the sport until he took me to my
first game and now, I am completely addicted. The more fights the better...
(LOL!)

More LOL - I'd guess we know your DH, then. Certainly we hear him, plenty!

ellice

OT - Story: Time Flies Kathy N-V Beads 2 January 18th 05 05:25 PM
They're getting slicker all the time at phishing Su/Cutworks Beads 5 November 22nd 04 07:40 AM
OT ~ It's a real eruption this time! Mj Beads 9 October 6th 04 04:15 AM
Panic Attack Time starlia Beads 76 March 14th 04 02:39 AM
Almost time for BABE Christina Peterson Beads 14 November 7th 03 07:23 AM