FS : CHEAP!! Glass ROD

Old December 20th 06, 05:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Javahut

Default FS : CHEAP!! Glass ROD

AS this is the only group of people POSSIBLY interested in making use of
this stuff, I am making you aware of this MATERIAL used in CREATING glass
art...

If there are beadmakers here? Yeah right! or warm glass people that may
have an interest....

I have about 300 lbs, yup acquired by default, 300 lbs of glass rod, ok,
maybe not but a lot anyway....

this stuff goes way back into the history of to German stock, Kugler? some
opal, mostly transparent, size? between 4 mm and larger to maybe 8 mm.
Lengths are varied as much as the colors.

You can have it for a buck a lb, plus the shipping......there is a bunch, no
I won't pick thru it, there is some pink, opal and transparent, there is
some vaseline yellow/green, reds, blued, greens, tan opal, oranges,
striking colors in reds and oranges....

Compatibility? Well, I did a pull test with some lead glass tubing and some
of it matched and some did not. I tested with Morretti, some fit, some bent
more, there is a wide variety here.....
The guy I got it from did little creatures and his stuff is now in the Henry
Ford Museum in Dearborn, he did little things and did not anneal, nor worry
about "fit" things were so small that seems never to be a concern.

You will have to test it for use, but at this price, darn a shame to have it
in a storage bldg when someone can use it.

This post is properly marked, I believe, and this will be the only post
about it. If you can use it, reply here and I will find a way to contact
you....

Old December 20th 06, 07:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Cheryl

Wow sounds like interesting old stuff

however - I certainly can't afford all 300 lbs and shipping.

Might consider breaking it up into some smaller lots...???

Cheryl

Old December 20th 06, 10:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Bob Banford

Drop me an email I may be interested in all of it.

Bob

www.banfordpaperweights.com
ps.com...

Old December 20th 06, 10:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Javahut

Go Down, Cheryl and anyone else interested.

ps.com...

Javahut wrote:
[...]

I'll sell whatever you need, I just have alot of it and I don't mess with
it.... how did I end up with it? Long story, but goes to that part of me
that sometimes has a hard time saying "NO", see I take my hostility out
here, sometimes, in real life I'm a teddy bear...

You tell me what you want , mixed batches, in lbs, and what you would
prefer, and I'll do my best to try and fill that amount.

It's too good to trash, and I don't use it, the money goes to what I gave
her, after her husband died, for it while I cleaned out the basement.

Anybody NEED a small air compressor from and old refrigerator? that's what
he used , with oxygen and propane in his crossfire torches, after he gave up
the oil torch.....this guy was in a 1958 Popular Science magazine for making
these critters.

Old March 19th 07, 07:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Javahut[_2_]

On Mar 19, 12:03 am, Kalera wrote:
You ever sell that stuff? If not, I'll take it.

Too late, all gone, 397 lbs Kugler, Plouden and Thompson and others,
sold and gone.

Old March 19th 07, 09:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker

"Javahut" wrote in message
oups.com...

On Mar 19, 12:03 am, Kalera wrote:
You ever sell that stuff? If not, I'll take it.

Too late, all gone, 397 lbs Kugler, Plouden and Thompson and others,
sold and gone.

Aw, shucks. And you probably coulda gotten her to pay you with her
collection of nudie self portraits.

Old March 19th 07, 10:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
javahut

"Moonraker" wrote in message

"Javahut" wrote in message
oups.com...

On Mar 19, 12:03 am, Kalera wrote:
You ever sell that stuff? If not, I'll take it.

Too late, all gone, 397 lbs Kugler, Plouden and Thompson and others,
sold and gone.

Aw, shucks. And you probably coulda gotten her to pay you with her
collection of nudie self portraits.

Will that pay the utility bill? bldg payment? didn't think so, but then
what I sold it for won't either,
http://www.banfordpaperweights.com/ these are really nice, if any of you
are so inclined, they are definitely as nice or nicer than the
photos....absolutely gorgeous...

SGG [email protected] Glass 2 December 6th 05 11:58 PM
AD: one- and two-day glass workshops - Craft Students League NYC Craft Students League Glass 0 February 26th 04 08:56 PM
AD: ongoing glass classes - Craft Students League NYC Craft Students League Glass 0 February 26th 04 08:54 PM
HELP: mounting beveled glass in doors Tim Glass 5 December 29th 03 04:14 PM
Large Sized Stained Glass Greg DeBacker Glass 8 August 20th 03 03:30 PM