New Angel

Old June 23rd 04, 02:14 AM
Dr. Brat

Dianne Lewandowski wrote:
Statutory rape is defined as sex, even consensual sex, with an under
aged (15 in MA, 16 in NH, don't know about other states) minor. A
minor can be charged with statutory rape of a younger minor.

I said with few exceptions.

With no exceptions, Dianne. Statutory rape is not forced. You got it
wrong.

But Monika Lewinsky was nowhere near under
aged - so her sexual escapades do not fall under the category of
statutory rape by any legal definition.

But by moral definitions it does. It was sex between two people for
whom there was a huge power differential. That's immoral on the part of
the more powerful one. If a professor slept with a 25 year old student
in his or her class, would you defend the act?

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Old June 23rd 04, 02:51 AM
Karen C - California

In article , Dianne Lewandowski
writes:

Lewinsky may have been flattered into the relationship.

Lewinsky is reported to have said, before leaving for her internship, "I'm
going to get my Presidential knee pads". Hardly sounds like the naive young
girl who was bullied into a relationship she didn't want.

She got exactly what she set out to get. Unfortunately, she picked the wrong
friend to confide in, and then got a whole lot of what she did not expect.

And hopefully became a lesson for a whole lot of other foolish young girls who
think that you can get ahead that way, with no consequences. Working in a law
firm, I saw a lot of young girls throwing themselves at lawyers, clearly with
the intention of becoming a wife or mistress of a wealthy man, and then being
shocked when they were reprimanded (or worse).

--
Finished 5/21/04 - Fireman's Wife
WIP: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn, Calif Sampler,

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
Old June 23rd 04, 03:36 AM
Texasxsgal1

she thinks the book also had a brief
paragraph on each president through LBJ.
Cheryl

Hmmmmmm our history books only went through Eisenhower, the then current
president
yep I am old lolol
kathy
san antonio
Old June 23rd 04, 07:31 AM
Linda D.

Good advice! My girlfriend ended up in quite the financial
mess because of the way her father had written his will. When he
wrote it the will 'sort of' made sense, but when he actually died it
became an executor's and banks nightmare.

take care, Linda

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 22:59:50 -0300, Lucretia Borgia
wrote:

Another consideration my oh so very wise lawyer posed for me several
years ago ( I noted when I visited him for signing for this place etc
and selling the other recently, that we have grown old together so to
speak) when we still had minor kids to consider - "Never seek to
control from beyond the grave". It's good advice. In instances
where I have seen the results after friends tried to do that, not
pretty most times.

Old June 23rd 04, 07:34 AM
Linda D.

Pardon me, but at age 25 I had been married 4 yrs. and had a
child, and no I don't think I was 'stupid'. If anyone was 'stupid' it
was the President, he made a very unwise decision.

take care, Linda

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 19:07:43 -0400, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

See my other post.
25 is a mere child in my mind - think back to how "stupid" you were at that
age.

That behavior would get any employee fired at any decent place of work.
She's a slut if your statement is correct (and don't have any reason to
disbelieve you), but he was still wrong to
A drop his pants
B to lie and lie again under oath

Cheryl

Old June 23rd 04, 07:39 AM
Linda D.

A kin to "Statutory Rape"???? You are kidding right?

take care, Linda
(I'm feeling like I'm in the Twilight Zone)

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 14:06:41 -0400, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

But if he told the truth, there wouldn't have been the investigation.

And, in my eyes, it was a kin to statutory rape. How old was Monica - 25 at
most? The most powerful man in the world wants her? She didn't have a
chance. How could she not, she might have lost the job. It strikes me as no
different than a boss insisting his secretary service him at lunch time.

Cheryl

On 6/22/04 1:47 PM, in article ,
"Caryn" wrote:

I really minded him taking advantage of a young girl and his abuse of power.
If the president or CEO of major corporation talked an intern in to the same
act(s), said officer would have been fired, lost his pension and the respect
of most people.

It happens all the time, some get caught, others don't. It just doesn't make
the news by being publicly investigated for years at the public's expense.

Old June 23rd 04, 11:23 AM
Cheryl Isaak

You may have grown up "early", but I've watched lots of 20-25 year olds do
some pretty foolish things; drag racing, drinking binges, join cult
religions, get visible tattoos; most kids of that age haven't had the world
slap them in the face yet.

Now - I don't know how old you are now - but, that seems young to get
married to me. I know things were different even when I was 20 ( 25 years
ago), but that was the age I made my WORST mistakes.

And yes - for a man that some how made Rhodes Scholar, he was remarkably
stupid.