What does the quilt on your bed look like?

Old September 12th 03, 03:17 PM
Kathy Applebaum

"frood" wrote in message
. com...
Do you have a quilt on your bed? Did you make it? What does it look like?
Why did you decide on that? Will LN really finish her own quilt?

Hmmm.... gathering data for a quilt raid, are we? ROFLOL

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
longarm machine quilting, Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old September 12th 03, 03:19 PM
AliceW

Thanks, I have Blanche's book. I bought it after seeing her on the Simply
Quilts program. I also have the Eleanor Burns pattern. Will make a note
about the bias edges. It is a beautiful pattern, isn't it.

Alice

wrote in message
On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 21:24:12 -0400, "AliceW"
wrote:

I have a Boston Commons on my list of quilts to make. Should I move it
further down the list?
Alice

Hi Alice,
I used the Eleanor Burns book, and there are a lot of bias edges to
handle. If you make one, use Butterflies starch guidelines. It helps
solve some of the problem. There is another set of directions I found
after I was already underway that might have been better. it is in
"Tradition with a Twist" by Blanche Young. She demo'd it on Simply
Quilts once (and in the rerun also!).
I wouldn't take it off the list, you ought to do it at least once.
Just because someone else found it hard, you might not find it hard.
Love the end results. Mine is really bright, purples, pinks and beige
with lots of other colors added in.
DO IT and have fun I will enjoy looking at yours, since mine is the
only once I will ever do=too many more on my "list".

Anna Belle

Old September 12th 03, 03:40 PM
The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me

Quilts on *all* my beds AND the walls! My (and The Furbabies) king bed
has a dusky green and burgundy (with bits of coral-ish pink and cream)
Victorian floral print for the theme fabric with a simple strip pieced
block similar to a Double Irish Chain. We wear quilts out quickly
(washed to death- they are lucky to last a year or two!) so I don't go
to great lengths to create a masterpiece- just something pretty. For my
bedroom quilts, I also make a matching bed skirt, pillows shams and
throw pillows and window valances for the bedroom and adjoining bath. I
also have a blue and yellow log cabin in a wild setting that needs some
flowers appliqued on the blue parts which is 90% ready for quilting. My
dream was to have 12 quilts with all accessories so I can change the
look of my bedroom completely every week. I have 10.10 quilts to go to
reach my goal! LOL

The one guest bedroom has a queen burgundy, cream and forest green
Double Irish Chain, the other has a twin/full bunk bed with scrappy
Pointless Wonder quilts on them in brilliant solids on a black solid
background with a border print of a black background with little smiley
stars and moons and suns and sunflowers on it (for the granddarlings).
The rollaway bed has a quilt with yellow, peach, baby blue and mint
green fan blocks on WOW with a Sunbonnet Sue and Overall Bill holding
hands inside a large heart for the medallion. The toddler bed has
lavender scrappy 9 patches with a pastel lavender with tiny white
flowers for the background and alternating blocks. My "going to the
hospital in brilliant colors to cheer me up" quilt has a wild border
print of hot turquoise, red, gold, orange and cream on a black
background and is a Blooming 9 Patch with equally brilliant colors
through-out. The hospital is so cold and dreary I made it to keep my
spirits up as well as keep me warm, since I knew I'd be stuck there for
a week. It got a lot of attention when I had my hip replaced!!!

The back seat of my truck, the truck is silver with dark grey
upholstery, has a sampler quilt in lavenders with a COC background.
It's large stars with a different 6 in. block in the center of each
star. It has wide white eyelet lace for the trim around the edges. The
Furbabies sleep on it while I drive. ;-)

I choose my colors by what catches my eye in the fabric store at that
particular moment. My house has cream walls and beige/multi-colored
dots shaggy carpet, so I can go anywhere with my quilts and they look
good in that neutral (boring!) setting.

LN WILL finish! We may all be long dead and gone, but she WILL
persevere!

Leslie and The Furbabies in MO.

The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me- My dogs aren't my whole life... they make my
life whole.

RCTQ- Houston 2004..... A good friend will come and bail you out of
jail.... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...
that was fun!"

Old September 12th 03, 03:48 PM
frood

Pirates don't need no scurvy data!

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

"Kathy Applebaum" wrote in message
m...

Old September 12th 03, 05:25 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
Very good, Roberta; Finished is the best kind of quilt, followed
closely by "using the quilt on the bed"! G

Good subject, Wendy.
Here's the quilt on the bed:
http://home.att.net/~ellison-texas/w...ome.html-.html

Of course I made it. Because that's what the fabrics called for.
Of course it's handquilted.
Of course there are other quilts to rotate,
lighter weight for most of the year,
a heavier, darker quilt for the short winter. g

Of course LN will finish her quilt.
If we have to cyberstalk and cybernag her until she does!
Btw, I have a Finished quilt from LN in my home. So there! g

Ragmop/Sandy, of course ;-D

"Roberta Zollner" wrote in message
Very near to the END of hand quilting a queen size wholecloth for our bed.
It's white on one side and strips of 3 blue-violet fabrics on the other. I
did it to improve my hand-quilting skills, and it's the 1st bed-size thing
I've hand quilted. About halfway through, I said Never again. But now that
it's almost finished, I'm starting to think what to do evenings when I

don't
want to work on the machine...

I'm sure LN will finish something. Although I wish to remind her that I'm
Queen of the Scrap Heap, just in case she should need that information.
Roberta in D

Old September 12th 03, 05:30 PM
TerriLee in WA

Yikes! Someone forgot to tell me that cat's and quilts on the bed at
the same time are a no-no!! :-(

Linda wrote:

Quilt? On my bed? I have four cats. That should answer the question,
unfortunately.

Linda F.

--
TerriLee Bishop
(opinions are wholly owned by the author and don't represent anything)
Old September 12th 03, 05:37 PM
TerriLee in WA

Wow, I like that pattern!! It just might be perfect for my DGD's quilt,
for which I have all the fabrics, but haven't been able to decide on a
pattern. If I begged really nice, would you send me a copy of the
pattern?

AliceW wrote:

Oh, I forgot, I'm using my new computer in between crashes, and I forgot
that I haven't yet set up my new siggy lines, so you wont' know what my home
page addy is - just incase you want to see "Too pink he thinks". So, it's
www.ourcyberfamily.us

Alice in NJ who is now getting her siggy set up.

"AliceW" wrote in message
Mine is my "Too pink he thinks" quilt. Pix are on my website. It's my
spring/summer quilt so far. I love it! It was made in a class at the
Quilter's Barn. I had been wait listed for this class but the night

before
the class, they called and said someone had backed out. Was I still
interested? Ok, so they gave me the pre-class instructions and the fabric
requirements, but I had no time to shop (drat) for the fabric. So I

thought
to myself - gee, I think I have some fabric stashed away here somewhere!
So, the entire quilt was made from fabrics I pulled from my shelves -
including the backing. It's a king sized quilt made from a pattern in a
magazine and is called "Prairie Stroll". I think I quoted the magazine on
my website, so look there if you just have to know.

Alice in NJ

Old September 12th 03, 05:43 PM
Kellie J. Berger

um.... (sheepishly peeking out for the QP) ..... I don't have one
really.....

The "quilt" on MY (kingsize) bed is a tied contraption made for a double bed
by my Mum and her crazy friends. Don't remember why they made it! But they
took an old blanket and 2 new sheets (baby pink, baby blue and white
stripes) and encased the old blanket, tied it with yarn and signed it in the
corners. It is nice and heavy, and warm with love, and not real pretty....
and i am afraid to wash it! The quilt on my GUEST bed is a Kmart bought
country colors (calico reds and blues) double wedding ring that my Mum
bought for me and my MIL decided to wash in the washing machine, so now it
is falling apart....
The quilt on DD1's bed is a JCPenney ladybug quilt my neighbor bought her
this week for her birthday... the quilt on DD2's bed looks like this
http://www.hamiltonpipeband.org/bergerfamily/images/Sara'squilt1.jpg and I
think is the only finished quilt i've made and kept! DS's bed has the
comforter i bought when i was in college.

someday..... someday...... someday..... I will finish quilts for the beds in
MY HOUSE....
in the meantime... at least we're warm! We also have a few crib size ones
my MIL passed down to us that we use for extra layers on those bitter cold
Houston nights grin.... and lots of handmade afgans.

WIP
http://www.hamiltonpipeband.org/berg...e.htm#textiles

Kellie
who needs a wife to get all the dr. appts, errands and cleaning done so she
can do the fun stuff!