Dear Red States

Old November 9th 08, 05:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Default Dear Red States

On Nov 9, 9:51 am, wrote:
On Nov 7, 3:48 pm, Jangchub wrote:

On Thu, 06 Nov 2008 16:56:48 -0500, flitterbit
wrote:

It *is* sad, and Arizonans also voted in favour (56% yes, 44% no) of a
ballot measure banning gay marriage, and Arkansans voted in favour (57%
yes, 43% no) of a ban on gay couples adopting children (both from
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/results/ballot.measures/ or
http://tinyurl.com/5vysp9).

I really don't understand why some people feel so threatened by gay
people; the only difference between gays and heterosexuals is to whom
they're sexually attracted.

If people would watch the movie "All Aboard" to see just how amazing
they are as parents of children nobody wants. One gay couple adopted
four children of a crack addicted woman who kept getting pregnant.
They held one baby for months because he too was addicted to drugs. I
have never seen such happy faces, sweet faces, smiling and love
pouring out. This is such a non issue and has no place on the ballot.
IMO.

Victoria

"There are known knowns. These are things we
know that we know. There are known unknowns.
That is to say, there are things that we know
we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns.
There are things we don't know we don't know."

Donald Rumsfeld

http://gotbodhicitta-wangmo.blogspot.com/

Thank you for Telling THAT woman, that her way of writing is
offensive ,,
She thinks she is BETTER ,,,
She is a Xhenophobe .
mirjam

But calling someone THAT women isn't offensive? Ok then. No double
standard there.

Elizabeth
Old November 9th 08, 05:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Nov 9, 9:57 am, "Pat P" wrote:

I should think not! A child at least needs to be RAISED in a normal
(heterosexual) home - whastever it decides is is sexuality later on should
at least be uncoloured by anything but the norm.

First, there is no scientific evidence showing that children raised by
a heterosexual couple are any better off than children raised by
anyone else. Second, it's not as if the choice were between
heterosexual homes and gay homes. The choice is often between being
adopted by a loving couple with the time and money to raise a child
and languishing in a foster home. I don't agree that the latter is
better.

Third, people don't DECIDE what their sexuality is. Their sexuality
decides for them. It's not a choice.

Elizabeth
Old November 9th 08, 05:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Nov 9, 10:00 am, "Pat P" wrote:
"Jangchub" wrote in message

On Fri, 7 Nov 2008 20:18:17 -0500, "Lucille" lzoltynospam@now at
comcast..net wrote:

Florida is really backward when it comes to this. They don't even have a
proper domestic partnership law and they don't allow gay couples to adopt.

The part I don't understand is, what the hell is it anyone's business
if gay men and women want to marry? What is this crap about
semantics, civil unions, marriage, legal contract, whatever anyone
wants to call it. Do they love one another any less than any other
couple?

The people who are against gay marriage are ignorant and unkind. Gay
couples in Florida can foster children, but then they get ripped out
of their stable gay homes to be put back with the maniac mothers who
were involved with meth or crack and the beat goes on and that poor
kid will probably end up in prison because of their total instability.

Ignorance is the worst form of laziness, IMO. Another way to look at
it is why should gays not be able to marry and be as miserable as
anyone else who gets to marry? The door swings both ways.

Ho hum.

Victoria

You mean there are no homosexuals on crack, or alcoholic, or who are
violent? Get real!

That's not what she was saying. But perhaps you would prefer that a
child be exposed to crack, alcoholism, or violence than to
homosexuality?

Elizabeth
Old November 9th 08, 06:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Parrotfish

wrote ...
lucretia borgia wrote:
"Jinx Minx" opined:
"Karen C in California" wrote ...
Jangchub wrote:

suppose I generally luck out with the women I've met over the years.

Some people have that luck, and some don't.

Maybe it's a California thing that most of the women I've met here are
bubblebrains. One of the girls I used to work with couldn't process
why
her boyfriend left a real cutie like her in order to date someone
"older
and ugly"; one of the attorneys (like me, an East Coast transplant
with
different values than the locals) suggested maybe the woman had a
functioning brain and was a good conversationalist (on topics other
than
makeup and fashion), and she seemed stunned that cute and good in bed
weren't every man's ideal woman.

Almost all the women I've met here who I could have a good
conversation
with were from back East, not native Californians.

Maybe "older and ugly" was the one good in bed....

Jinx

You KNOW you're supposed to put a spew warning ahead of remarks like
that !!!

That didn't make me spew at all. Just nodded my head and went "of
course."

Elizabeth (lol!)

I agree..... experience is all ! g
--
Regards..............P-f

Old November 9th 08, 06:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 11/8/08 10:24 PM, in article
,
" wrote:

On Nov 8, 10:01 pm, Karen C in California wrote:
wrote:
On Nov 8, 2:10 pm, Karen C in California wrote:

Some of my guy friends and I have talked about living together in our
old age. They rather like the idea of a roommate who can cook more than
hot dogs, and I like the idea of a roommate who can passionately discuss
baseball and politics.

I'm sorry that the people in your life are so limited in their
abilities.

Elizabeth (whose guy friends can cook and whose women friends can
discuss baseball and politics with the best of them)

I've known women who can discuss baseball and women who can discuss
politics, but only one of them (the one who, not so surprisingly, is my
best friend) could discuss both. Almost all of the female roommates
I've had have turned their noses up at both topics.

It's one reason I've spent most of my life hanging out with the guys. I
don't give a hoot about fashion or makeup (don't wear the stuff) or the
love life of Hollywood stars, which pretty much left me out of most of
the all-female discussions.

None of the women I hang with discuss fashion, makeup, or the lovelife
of Hollywood stars. As I said, I'm sorry that the people in your
life are so limited.

I'll admit to having the odd conversations about fashion - but along the
line of what idiot designed it and why did she buy it.....

Old November 9th 08, 09:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

wrote:

[...]

Elizabeth- Hide quoted text -

It is a very polite word
mirjam
Old November 10th 08, 01:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

Jangchub wrote:
On Sat, 08 Nov 2008 18:32:24 -0800, Karen C in California
wrote:

If you want to see Christianity in action, let me introduce you to my
good friend Victoria, who has been forgiven for what she did to me in
the past. You should try it some time.

Yes, I did apologize for being such a wretch.

And knowing what it cost you to suck up your pride and do that, I was
happy to accept your apology and forgive you.

As to anyone else who takes issue with me,
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." -- Eleanor
Roosevelt
If my self-assuredness makes you feel inferior, look in your mirror,
don't blame me. I worked very hard for what I've achieved in life. If
my success makes you feel like a failure, ask yourself why you feel that
way. If it's my degree, go get your own. If it's running my own
business, go start your own. If it's your own innate sense of
inferiority, go get counseling.

But don't expect me to pretend to be less than I am in order to coddle
someone else's fragile ego.

--
Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

Finished 10/7/08 - Sun Fun (Dimensions)

WIP: Nativity from "Countdown to Christmas" book, Oriental Kimono
(Janlynn),
MLI The Teacher (gift to the library), Bethany Angel (Marbek)
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel, MLI Farmers Market

CFSfacts -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf
Newest research blog: http://cfs-facts.blogspot.com/
Old November 10th 08, 01:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

Lucille wrote:
Oh and what the heck does being a native Californian have to do with
intellect or interests. Have you been spending too much time reading silly
gossip magazines or do you actually know these people?

I have spent a lot of time around a lot of native Californians whose
interests are incredibly superficial. As long as they look good, they
don't think they need to care about personality or intelligence.

Which is not only my opinion, but the opinion of many of my fellow
transplants. When Jay Leno makes jokes about the surgically-enhanced
bimbos in Los Angeles, he's not joking. They really are that way. And
I'm not joking when I say a lot of them, the last book they read was
"Dick and Jane" in second grade.

I had several educated guys driving from Los Angeles to San Diego
(100-125 miles) to date me because they couldn't stand the airheads in
Los Angeles. They may have been prettier and bustier thanks to plastic
surgery, but I had a brain and could talk about more than celebrity
gossip. One of the guys I dated on and off for most of the time I was
in San Diego, had been an actor, so had dated his share of starlets, and
preferred me. So much for the theory that "men care only about looks".

Old November 10th 08, 01:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

Pat P wrote:

In my book, if you forward it, you take responsibility for it, whether you
originated it or not.

Pat

Fine. I take responsibility for it. As Brat said, under some
circumstances, it would be found funny, and in my circumstances as a
long-time Californian, I found it amusing.

Since I don't take that much offense at jokes about California, I didn't
expect anyone to take it as personally as some people did.

OT - Dear Dad Elly[_2_] Quilting 4 February 9th 08 05:37 AM
OT Dear all . . . CATS Quilting 5 September 13th 07 05:08 PM
A little OT Finished something - but oh dear! Cats Quilting 29 January 30th 07 03:39 AM
Oh Dear! KJ Quilting 13 January 31st 05 02:59 PM
OT - Dear Mom LN \(remove NOSPAM\) Quilting 8 April 25th 04 02:10 AM