OT feeling sorry for myself...

Old March 18th 07, 09:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Suzie B

Default OT feeling sorry for myself...

Fell over whilst on holiday last week in Poznan, Poland, I thought it
was just a bad sprain to ny right ankle so refused to go to hospital as
it was our last day...

Limped home thru Luton Airport (ouch - it was a long walk!) and when we
got home rang my Dr and got an appt for later that day. She took one
look at the ankle, prodded it and after peeling me off the ceiling
insisted I went for an xray at the local hospital, who confirmed I've
fractured the base of my fibula (thats the thin leg bone...)

So I'm lying on the sofa, foot up and well strapped up, feeling very
sorry for myself, cos DH has gone out and left me alone. No crutches
'cos my shoulders are too weak (one from falling on it, the other I
dislocated a few years back) and I'll do more damage than good, so just
a walking stick and instructions to stay off my foot as much as
possible, keeping it elevated to aid healing and avoid DVT's so not much
chance of sewing - got nothing currently prepped for hand piecing!

Suzie B
--
"From the internet connection under the (undamaged end of the) pier!"
Southend, UK
Old March 18th 07, 09:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

WEll, I'll feel sorry for you too. Were you the person who had a big
problem on a trip a couple years ago? I seem to remember someone from the
UK who went to Poland who was sick, or DH was sick.....something on that
order. I hope it wasn't you having another bad holiday. I've got my
fingers crossed that you're a quick healer. Either that, or you have
someone to bring you food, books and the TV remote control. Feel better.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old March 18th 07, 10:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bronnie

remove "nospam" before mchsihttp://community.webshots.com/user/kathylquiltz"Suzie B" wrote in message

[...]

I wondered that too Kathyl......

Hope you feel better soon Suzie - maybe get a quilting buddy to come
around and help prep some handwork.

--
Bronnie

Old March 18th 07, 10:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Suzie B

KJ wrote:

WEll, I'll feel sorry for you too. Were you the person who had a big
problem on a trip a couple years ago? I seem to remember someone from the
UK who went to Poland who was sick, or DH was sick.....something on that
order. I hope it wasn't you having another bad holiday. I've got my
fingers crossed that you're a quick healer. Either that, or you have
someone to bring you food, books and the TV remote control. Feel better.

Yup, DH is allergic to mushrooms and ended up in hospital in Zakopane
for 2.5 days on a drip... the ironic thing is that the streets near our
hotel were cobbled and I was being so careful - and it was a *flat*
tarmac road outside town that got me!

Since the mushroom incident we've been back to Poland twice, both times
to Warsaw, and have had brilliant holidays, weather has been fab and
last week in Poznan was no exception... the opportunity to meet up with
friends from DH's military forum was great. They'd been emailing for
ages and it was lovely to meet them in person. Handy too, when you need
a native speaker to buy you a bandage at a chemist...

Suzie B
Old March 18th 07, 10:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Rotten luck, Suzie.
Seems like they hardly 'plaster' anything these days. Do hope it heals
well and quickly. You never know - you might get to like daytime TV in
time g.
Take care.
..
In message , Suzie B
writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old March 18th 07, 10:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

I'm sorry you had another incident....but I'm GLAD I did remember it was you
who had the problem another time. That's means not all my brain cells in my
memory bank have deserted me! Yea! (For me....not you! g)

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
"Suzie B" wrote in message
.uk...

Old March 18th 07, 10:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

Suzie, now is the perfect time to look through all your books and
magazines, sketch out and color quilt design ideas on paper, and list
the fabrics in your stash you think might work even if you can't go
check your stash right now.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old March 18th 07, 10:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debi Matlack

Susie...ouch! Maybe you should grab a handful of quilting magazines or books
and plan yourself a recovery quilt, something to think on while you heal. Or
have box of your stash on hand so you can fondle it whenever the mood
strikes you. Fabric fondling can be very soothing...;-)
--
Debi

Chaos, panic and disorder ... my work here is done.

Old March 18th 07, 11:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*

i agree completely with Debi.
and tis true, fondling fabric stirs up those endorphins(sp?) that make ya
feel better and speed up heal'n.
so get fondling Suzie, asap, lol.
ok when dh or someone else shows up to be your gopher.
for now, how bout a nap, always a good thing to pass the time, lol..
oh oh, i just remembered, chocolate brings on those endorphins too. )
hugz,
jeanne
--
Vote B'fly for President '08