Quilting frame help needed

Old August 11th 05, 01:19 AM

Default Quilting frame help needed

I ready to buy a quilting frame. The one's I've looked at on the internet
are The Little Gracie II, Hinterberg Machine Frame, Super Quilter, Quilt
Easty QE3 and B-Line Machine Quilting Frame.

Does anyone have any one of these and what are your opinons of these.

Thanks,
Terry

Old August 11th 05, 04:59 AM
Laurie G.

I have the SuperQuilter16 with a Nolting HobbyQuilter on it. I love
it!!!!!!! It is set up on an 8' table so I am able to quilt anything up to
80" wide. Here is the yahoo group I belong to home quilting systems:

Good luck in your quest!

--
* * * * * * *
Happy Quilting!

.. .

Old August 11th 05, 02:30 PM
nana2b

I have the HandiQuilter16 Portable Professional frame with the HQ16 machine.
Love it!!!

Old August 11th 05, 10:24 PM
kr_gentner

I'd like any information you have too. My guild is looking into buying a
frame and machine. We're in the information gathering stage.

Kathy in Ks
"ALZ" wrote in message
Email me off the newsgroup please and I'll give you some info:

Linda
Witchystitcher at gmail dot com
PATCHogue, NY

Old August 12th 05, 11:28 AM
Kate T.

Hey Terry:

I researched all kinds of quilt frames over the past 4 years. I went to
the quilt show in Houston to take a look at the actual frames. I
tested each one.
I've lurked on several groups that address the various frames.. all the
pros and cons of each frame.
I purchased the Hinterberg. Yes you do have to buy the poles at your
local Lowes or Home Depot but these poles are 1 1/4 inches in diameter
and made of galvanized steel. They don't bow in the middle and you can
cut the poles to less than 10 feet if you don't have the room for the
full 10 feet. You are not limited the fixed size that some of the
frames are made to. With the Hinteberg I can stand or sit. It is a
stand alone frame. No need to buy a table to fasten it to and it is
made of wood not plastic. It is easy to take down and store away if
need be. It is simple to put together and the help from Hinterberg
people is acceptional.

Most of the frames use a 9 inch throat sewing machine all the way to a
17 inch throat. I personally use my old Singer with a 6 inch throat.
I have to roll the quilt more often but I don't get tired, sore
shoulders, back, arms and hands. I can quilt at 2 to 3 hours at a
stretch or longer if I really get into it.

My preference is the Hinterberg but yours might be different and that
is according to your needs. My suggestion is to go the a national show
and take a good look at all the frames then come home and review all
the pamplets you pick up. Also look at the warranties. Hinterberg's
is 5 years. Several Hinterberg owners have started their own quilting
business.

There groups on Yahoo for the Gracie, Hinterberg and home quilting
systems. Sign up for those and read what the owners say about their
sytems. There are plenty of answers to all your questions.

Kate T.

Old August 26th 05, 02:43 AM
ALZ

wrote:

I ready to buy a quilting frame. The one's I've looked at on the internet
are The Little Gracie II, Hinterberg Machine Frame, Super Quilter, Quilt
Easty QE3 and B-Line Machine Quilting Frame.

Does anyone have any one of these and what are your opinons of these.

Thanks,
Terry

Which machine quilting frame do I want? Mary in Iowa Quilting 12 December 30th 04 09:13 PM
Curvy top quilting advice needed... hfw Quilting 9 October 4th 04 07:23 PM
Grace Quilting Frame Michael Quilting 0 January 1st 04 10:14 AM
Quilting Thread question Carol Wolfe Quilting 9 July 15th 03 05:20 AM
Hand Quilting Pricing ? Mika Quilting 1 July 13th 03 06:05 PM