I'm Giving Away 800grams of Silver

Old July 31st 03, 06:37 PM
Jerry

Default I'm Giving Away 800grams of Silver

This August I will be giving a 100 gram bag of Bali Silver to Eight
Lucky Winners.

Through out the year many vendors send me samples of the handmade
silver beads. Most of these samples are spacers. I have put together a
sample of the best of the spacers and have decided to give them away.

During the month of August I will have two drawings a week, each
winner will receive 1 - 100 gram bag of silver Bali-Spacer beads. My
wife (Lisa)
counted out one of the bags and there were over 600 pieces of silver
in it.

Click On This Link To enter
http://www.jsbeads.com/drawing/

Jerry Smith
Owner Jerry Smith Beads
Old August 1st 03, 09:05 AM
Kandice Seeber

AD in the subject line, please.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old August 1st 03, 09:17 AM
Kandice Seeber

Okay - I went and read the contest information, and have a couple of
questions....
Your contest title says Bali Silver Beads, but the description says
Bali-type beads. What do you mean? Are the beads Bali sterling silver or
not? Are they all sterling silver, or are some of them imitations? You
really should specify.
Will people be added to any mailing list when submitting their email for the
contest?
What do you mean by this statement: "Acceptance of the prize constitutes
permission for Jerry Smith, Beads to use the name of the winner for
promotional purposes." What promotional purposes?
Also this statement: "In the event the winner is found to be unreachable
and/or unqualified, a second drawing will be held within thirty (30) days."
What do you mean by unqualified?
What does this statement mean, if there is no purchase necessary to enter or
win? "If you make a purchase, you will be eligible of all drawings after the
date of the purchase". Does that mean that making a purchase enters you
into the drawing?

I would love to enter, but I think the rules are kind of confusing, and
would love to clarify those things first. Thanks!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs
m...

Old August 1st 03, 04:46 PM
Lisa

Kandice:
I managed promotions for a while in my marketing life, and a lot of this is
very standard wording. I am NOT Jerry, and I bet we won't see him here very
often, probably just to push his website, but listed below are what the
"guvment" means by his statements:

Your contest title says Bali Silver Beads, but the description says
Bali-type beads. What do you mean? Are the beads Bali sterling silver or
not? Are they all sterling silver, or are some of them imitations? You
really should specify.

FTC requires that he be accurate in describing what exactly the winner will
be getting, and what, if any, the substitution(s) is/are.

Will people be added to any mailing list when submitting their email for

the
contest?

What do you mean by this statement: "Acceptance of the prize constitutes
permission for Jerry Smith, Beads to use the name of the winner for
promotional purposes." What promotional purposes?

ANY promotional purposes, although what "we" usually write is "...permission
to use your name, words, likeness, etc in our promotional activities,
including but not limited to catalog, website, bulk mailings...blah, blah,
blah. " Now, it's likely that he'll want to use your utterance when he
hears your reaction to winning. The FTC has very strict rules about
solicited feedback, so it's unlikely that he will ask for a
recommendation/endorsement. What he's probably likely to do is
say..."Kandice Seeber was the big winner of our August 15 contest. Let's
see what you do with those babies, Kandice!" alright, maybe not exactly like
that, but.....

Also this statement: "In the event the winner is found to be unreachable
and/or unqualified, a second drawing will be held within thirty (30)

days."
What do you mean by unqualified?

You must be 18 to enter lotteries...this is a lottery/raffle. If you are not
18 or older, you are unqualified.

What does this statement mean, if there is no purchase necessary to enter

or
win? "If you make a purchase, you will be eligible of all drawings after

the
date of the purchase". Does that mean that making a purchase enters you
into the drawing?

He has dates by which you must enter for each drawing. If you purchase
something, then you don't have to worry about entering by the enter by
date...you are automatically entered in all future drawings.

HTH

Lisa

I would love to enter, but I think the rules are kind of confusing, and
would love to clarify those things first. Thanks!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs
http://www.lampwork.net
m...

Old August 1st 03, 05:09 PM
Kandice Seeber

Thanks, Lisa! This helps a lot. I still would like to know if the prize
is real Bali, sterling knock offs or silver-colored base metal or pewter
knock offs. But the rest of your explanations are great!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

[...]

m...