AD ~ Thai Silver on sale! 25% off!!

Old March 31st 04, 04:35 PM
Mj

Default AD ~ Thai Silver on sale! 25% off!!

This ad has been cross-posted on several Yahoo bead lists

************************************************** **************

I've been keeping an eye on silver prices lately and the news hasn't been
good. On January 1st of this year, silver was fixed at $5.36/troy ounce,
fairly high given that the price had been under $5 for much of 2003.
Yesterday, silver closed at $7.85!! That's almost a $2.50 increase in just
three months. Troubling to say the least if you dabble in wire wrapping or
use lots of Bali or Thai silver in your creations.

I thought it appropriate to give my customers a little help and have a sale
on all my Thai silver. So it's all reduced by 25% for the next 30 days.
Have fun!!

And don't forget that most of the beads I have in this Spring's wonderful
colors (pink, spring green, fuchsia, orange, yellow and peridot) are also on
sale at 20% off.

Here's where you start browsing:
http://stores.ebay.com/Halsey-Tradin...ny?refid=store

Please contact me with any questions or comments or if you notice any
mistakes in the listings.

Happy Beading!

Mj

=================================
Marjean Cline - Certified Bead Enabler
Halsey Trading Company
eBay ID: ladymorgause

Old March 31st 04, 04:59 PM
Harry

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 07:35:34 -0800, "Mj" wrote:

Troubling to say the least if you dabble in wire wrapping or
use lots of Bali or Thai silver in your creations.

What is the difference between Thai and Bali silver?
Is there other silver that is available that is as good as these?

Harry

Old March 31st 04, 08:12 PM
Mj

Hi Harry -

True Bali silver beads are made on the island of Bali in Indonesia by
craftsman using very old silver working techniques. They tend to use lots
of granulation and wire on their beads in rather distinctive designs. Nina
Designs is an excellent website to view real Bali silver:
http://www.ninadesigns.com/ It's all made from sterling silver (.925 pure
silver) or vermeil (22kt gold over sterling)

True Thai silver, on the other hand, is made by artisans of the Hill tribes
of Thailand, up in the Golden Triangle area of Southeast Asia. They also
use centuries old silver working techniques, but their work is entirely
different in style from the Bali, tending to larger, stylized forms of
flowers and leaves rather than ornate beads. Thai silver is 96-98% pure.

HTH!!

Mj

=================================

Old March 31st 04, 08:44 PM
Harry

Thank you so much. I was just browsing your store and wish I could
buy everything..... wonder if I will ever get around to making anything. lol
I am trying to think ahead for Christmas, (yes, I know it's early), but I want to
be ready this year. I have a lot to learn and do, so I don't think I could be to
early. I love the necklace that VJ just finished and I would love to try and
create something similar for Christmas in the traditional Christmas colors.
Reds, greens, silvers and gold. I think plum is also a Christmas color isn't it?

Harry

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 11:12:28 -0800, "Mj" wrote:

[...]

.. .

Old March 31st 04, 08:48 PM
Mj

Plum is a color for *any* time of the year in my book!! LOL!!

Mj
(the purple passion person!)