Anyone seen this chart?

Old January 12th 04, 02:41 PM
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen

Default Anyone seen this chart?

Several months ago I saw a chart online and I've lost the link. It was a
sampler with the words "Create in me a clean heart" and a house, in
folk-art-influenced traditional style, (or would that be,
"tradition-influenced folk-art style", LOL?). Can't find it now, though.
Does it sound familiar to anyone?

Sue

Old January 12th 04, 07:58 PM
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen

Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen wrote:
Several months ago I saw a chart online and I've lost the link. It was a
sampler with the words "Create in me a clean heart" and a house, in
folk-art-influenced traditional style, (or would that be,
"tradition-influenced folk-art style", LOL?). Can't find it now, though.
Does it sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks to Jan in Houston for identifying this sampler for me! It's
La-D-Da designs, called "Right Spirit." For anyone interested, here's
the hoffman's link:

http://www.hoffmandis.com/detail.cfm...refine=&CatID=

Sue

Old January 13th 04, 02:45 AM
Ellice

On 1/12/04 2:58 PM,"Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen"
posted:

Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen wrote:
Several months ago I saw a chart online and I've lost the link. It was a
sampler with the words "Create in me a clean heart" and a house, in
folk-art-influenced traditional style, (or would that be,

Thanks to Jan in Houston for identifying this sampler for me! It's
La-D-Da designs, called "Right Spirit." For anyone interested, here's
the hoffman's link:

http://www.hoffmandis.com/detail.cfm...&image=02-1804.
jpg&ProductName=Right%20Spirit&DesignerName=La%20D %20Da&SubcatID=&DesignerID=L
AD&Keyword=&prodlist=des&desrefine=&CatID=

Sue - it's very sweet. I just saw this chart last week during my S.E.X. At
my friend's LNS. She had several La-D-Da charts - I think they're on her
regular list for monthly drop from Hoffman. The designs are nice, some are
more traditional, but many have that folk-art slightly primitive style.
Charts are easy to read, nice diagrams, and seem to be mostly a lot of XS -
not too complicated. They're really nice - I almost got one for the crazy
aunt, but we decided it was a little too folk art for my aunt.

If you haven't found it local, I can send it to you from far away Virginia
;^)

Ellice - busy looking for more Q-snap parts in the mess so I can start one
of my new projects (the problem with my mixing and matching)

Old January 13th 04, 03:04 PM
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen

Ellice wrote:

If you haven't found it local, I can send it to you from far away Virginia
;^)

Thanks for that offer, Ellice, but I'm sure I can get it from my LNS.
I'm not in any hurry, having waaaaaay more ideas than time to execute
them!! And part of my New Years Resolution is to finish "stash" before
making new purchases. Since it's only the 13th January, I'm still acting
virtuous vbg

Isn't *that* the most frustrating thing about needlework? And you know
how they say with contractors, "take the estimated time and double it"?
What do y'all think the "truth" factor should be for needlework?
Quadruple it? Ten times?

sue

Old January 13th 04, 06:13 PM
Ellice

On 1/13/04 10:04 AM,"Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen"
posted:

Ellice wrote:

If you haven't found it local, I can send it to you from far away Virginia
;^)

Thanks for that offer, Ellice, but I'm sure I can get it from my LNS.

I suspected as much. Just coincidental that I'd just been looking at it.

I'm not in any hurry, having waaaaaay more ideas than time to execute
them!! And part of my New Years Resolution is to finish "stash" before
making new purchases. Since it's only the 13th January, I'm still acting
virtuous vbg

LOL - I've been looking at the Silkweaver site, thinking of ordering some
nice dyed linen for doing the "Spring is in the Air" Sampler from Just Nan.
And I of course haven't started the Drawn Thread one. Nor have I finished
another WIP - some excuse - like finally reading the Harry Potter books -
I'm halfway thru book 5 - DH calls it my Har-a-thon (only been a few days).

Isn't *that* the most frustrating thing about needlework? And you know
how they say with contractors, "take the estimated time and double it"?
What do y'all think the "truth" factor should be for needlework?
Quadruple it? Ten times?

Very. I've tried to get more realistic. I can be with doing work on canvas,
but not on linen/evenweave. I don't know why. Real work - I'm pretty good
with estimates - honestly - though DH would find that hard to believe. And,
y'know - I actually had to take an undergrad class in Human Factors
Engineering (maybe 2?) one of which included all kinds of estimating time,
breaking down tasks, etc - from the industrial engineering thing. But, for
stitching and for painting canvases (at least the first one of any design)
my original estimate is always off. Maybe it's we forget the time for being
perfect, just looking, feeling, touching the stitching, fondling threads,
and of course frogging?

I just tell DH - sooner or later. What's frustrating, is that when I really
want something done for a deadline, it seems they get done pretty quickly.
But, then I'm staying focused - which doesn't happen all that often. So,
speaking of which - I better go and do real world errands.

ellice

Old January 15th 04, 03:17 PM
LUSNMYMIND

doing the "Spring is in the Air" Sampler from Just Nan.
And I of course haven't started the Drawn Thread one. Nor have I finished
another WIP - some excuse - like finally reading the Harry Potter books -

Know whatcha mean, I have "Morning Song" cued up to be started soon on that
cute gingham check linen. I am not done yet doing Mirabilia's "The Kiss", which
my goal was to have it finished by the end of December. I am close, though, and
working on it diligently. I am also reading The Lord of the Rings, the Two
Towers, and have the last Harry Potter book next to my bed waiting patiently. I
also want to start "Winter Run" a horsie design, for my daughter. *sigh My
estimates are usually way off, not in hours per se, but in days it takes me to
get that many hours stitching in. And you're right, sometimes I will just gaze
at the design in my lap, who knows how much time lapses! Lol!

Old January 24th 04, 05:41 AM
Ellice

On 1/15/04 10:17 AM,"LUSNMYMIND" posted:

doing the "Spring is in the Air" Sampler from Just Nan.
And I of course haven't started the Drawn Thread one. Nor have I finished
another WIP - some excuse - like finally reading the Harry Potter books -

Know whatcha mean, I have "Morning Song" cued up to be started soon on that
cute gingham check linen

That's just how it is - I'm becoming at peace with this concept of staring
at what I should start - or the many things I should work on.

I am not done yet doing Mirabilia's "The Kiss", which
my goal was to have it finished by the end of December. I am close, though,
and working on it diligently.

Good for you - at least you're only a month behind, and working.

I am also reading The Lord of the Rings, the Two
Towers, and have the last Harry Potter book next to my bed waiting patiently.

Good book - made me a bit impatient at time - the Harry Potter book. But,
certainly a good read.

also want to start "Winter Run" a horsie design, for my daughter. *sigh My

Very nice. I'm trying hard to get the design for the niece's quilt - shall I
say horsie quilt - laid out. I think it'll be a medallion in the center - a
horse scene done like an art quilt (painting with fabric instead of thread)
- I'm going to foundation piece a drawing. Then some border around it, then
some pattern of stars - maybe varying size Friendship Stars, or some other
type - with some of the centers being photos transferred onto fabric, and
others, just using "fussy cuts" from horse fabric. Then some outer wide
border. If only I could get my design all sketched out. My ever
unappreciative DB asked me "You're not making her some needlepoint thing are
you?" . Talk about knowing who not to give a stitchy gift to - OTOH, the
evil SIL would love it. But, the quilt will be perfect.

estimates are usually way off, not in hours per se, but in days it takes me to
get that many hours stitching in. And you're right, sometimes I will just gaze
at the design in my lap, who knows how much time lapses! Lol!

I think most stitchers have the same problem. We spent some time with my
parents best friends while in FLA. She is an avid Xser - though had stopped
for a while due to cataracts. Anyhow, she was so excited that she finally
finished a companion piece to one she'd done for the daughter's house -
after putting it aside for a couple of years. So happy - it was finished,
and she got the first piece, went to the framers, and had them done to match
(I think re-framing the first because the moulding was no longer available).
And, turns out, that she only works in order - can't start a new project
until she's finished the one currently in the works - amazing to me. But,
she's a very orderly person in all things, so I guess this fits. Inspired me
to finish up some things.

I'm sure you'll get to everything - eventually ;^)

ellice