new subscriber

Old January 11th 04, 02:20 PM
renae

Default new subscriber

Hi everyone,

My name is Renae and i live in Australia. i have been a keen cross-stitcher
for about the last 15yrs, doing many birth and wedding announcements for
family and friends.

i am only just now completing my first project that i will be keeping to
hang on the wall of our new house.

i am very new to newsgroups so am unsure as to how they work, so i hope you
will bear with me! lol.

well id better go for now

hope to get to know everyone

Renae

Old January 11th 04, 05:18 PM
F.James Cripwell

Welcome Renae to rctn. Since you describe yourself as a newcomer,
could I ask a favour of you when you type? I know it is a lot quicker not
to capitalize anything when you type, but it is somewhat slower and
annoying to read. Just a thought, and not meant to be too much of a
criticism.

--
Jim Cripwell.
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of one's life, any
Old January 11th 04, 07:10 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Welcome to RCTN, Renae. You'll learn the quirks of the group as you go
along. And the dynamics of the group changes through time.

There are a wealth of knowledgeable persons who never post, but "lurk"
behind the scenes and will jump in never, or occasionally when they can
answer a question. There's also a very large number of us who post
regularly, and still another large number who just post occasionally.

It's a great group from around the world, both genders, who do many
types of needlework. Have fun!! Ask your questions. Start a
conversation.
Dianne

Old January 11th 04, 11:55 PM
Carol In WI

Glad to meet you, maybe you can share with us, some sites from Australia.
Carol In WI

Old January 12th 04, 12:37 AM
renae

hi and thanks for the warm welcome

ruth - i am just completing (backstitching) a garden scene - gazebo and
gardens paths etc. Can't remember off top of head who designer is.

Then i will probably need to start on a wedding announcement for friends
that are getting married in September.

I must admit i don't understand what Jim wants me to do - is it to
capitalise everything when i type??

ok better go and get back to my work.

Talk to you all again soon

Renae
"stitcher" wrote in message

Welcome Renae.
I look forward to your future post.
What is the project that you are currently stitching??
Ruby

Old January 12th 04, 04:54 AM
Fred

Hello Renae,

Welcome to the RCTN group. Hope you all recovered from the fires last year.
Happy Stitching.

Fred
http://www.stitchaway.com

If you are on thin ice
you might as well dance!

W.I.P. - "Fiddler on the Roof".
W.I.L., "Romantic Venice",
"Ocean Princess", "Southwest Charm",
"Rainbow Trail", "Indian Pottery", "One Earth",
"Spirit of the Full Moon"
and "+?", "+?", "+?".

Old January 12th 04, 02:56 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Renae,
Most newcomers are reminded (if they don't realize) to not type in ALL
CAPS, and also to type as you normally would type or hand write using a
capital letter for the first word of a sentence: Hi and thanks for the
warm welcome.

The former (all caps) means shouting and is used on the Internet when
conversing and you want to make a huge point. Other characters used to
emphasize a word or phrase are things like *this* (in speech you might
emphasize the word "this"). People are using a lot of quotes to
emphasize a word, but the grammar pundits are saying it is becoming so
common that it is slipping into normal writing habits.

It just makes for easier reading. With the exception of writing in all
capital letters, nobody will ignore or chastise you if you don't post
messages in perfect grammar and style. After you're here awhile and
read some of the posts, you'll see we're a pretty forgiving bunch. Most
of us forget to be *perfect*, misuse (or don't use) commas and
semi-colons, misspell and do all number of errors. We have something to
say; we don't proof read. grin

Don't let anyone scare you away from posting and joining in on
conversations. Remember: your opinion is just as valid as someone
elses. Someone might argue with you, but that doesn't mean your opinion
isn't valid. :-) which also means: grin

Dianne

Old January 12th 04, 02:58 PM
Gillian Murray

No, because if everything is in capitals, that is considered shouting, and I
find is as hard to read as if everything is in small letters. I happen to be
with Jim on this matter; maybe it is that my older eyes can't differentiate
sentences as clearly, if the correct items aren't capitalised. This second
post is almost perfect, LOL.

Welcome aboard

Gillian
Florida

Old January 12th 04, 03:48 PM
LUSNMYMIND

My name is Renae and i live in Australia

Hi, Renae! I am happy you're here. I am usually a lurker, post occasionally,
and love reading and learning from everyone. Don't let anyone hurt your
feelings, it's not nice to correct someone the second they put their foot in
the door, especially for something so insignificant. You are extremely sweet to
stitch for others for so long! I do cross stitch, also.

Happy stitchin'!
Rhonda
Old January 13th 04, 03:54 PM
Ellice

Welcome, Renae. Your first post to the NG did just fine, and no doubt
someone will let you know if you ever have a question about posting on the
NG grin

Looking forward to hearing about your current project, and future projects.
Plus just hearing from you!

Oh, FYI, there is some information, FAQs about the newsgroup, on a website
that belongs to K Dyer. The website link is:
http://users.rcn.com/kdyer.dnai/

Welcome, again,
Ellice in Northern Virginia/Wash DC

On 1/11/04 9:20 AM,"renae" posted: