A Little S.E.X.

Old January 21st 04, 09:57 PM
Ruthie

I got it too, and I didn't even realize it came with an embellishment!
Pretty! I'm thinking of using the pattern to make a seat cover in
needlepoint - my favorite chair needs a new one.

Ellice wrote:
Then, I had to buy the Just-Nan Spring In the Air Sampler - heck, it's on
sale, and came with the embellishment pack...

My very DH gave me a gift certificate for my LNS for Christmas, and I
finally trotted over there to spend it.

I also got an expensive pair of Gingher scissors - one of the first
things I thought of. I checked out several pairs, and wouldn't you know
it, my large fingers liked the most expensive ones best. The Collector's
Series, stainless with pewter finish. Yummy!

I also got
Homespun Elegance's "Patriotic Times"
"Purple Promise" from the Silver Lining,
Cross My Heart's "Wild Menagerie" (Perfect for all those black T-shirts
DH has!)
DMC's "Inspirational Masterpieces"
Erica Michaels' "Treasured Tools Sewing Case"
and K. Elaine Kramer's "Egg II" which looks like a good "starter"
pattern for Hardanger.

At the rate I'm going, I'll soon have - what's the acronym? SABLE: Stash
Acquisition Beyond Life Expectancy. I already have that in knitting yarn.

I'm doing the JanLynn "God Bless America" over 14 ct waste canvas, on a
denim shirt for DH. It's my most complicated graph yet, and I had to
re-start it 3 times before I decided I should ignore the advice to start
in the middle. So I started in a corner. Then I finally figured out I
needed to make a copy of the pattern and mark off what I'd already done.
Now I'm speeding up some, but it's still slow, since my very-short term
memory can't store more than 10 stitches at once. But at least I've
established a rhythm.

Ruthie in Colorado

Old January 24th 04, 05:27 AM
Ellice

On 1/21/04 4:57 PM,"Ruthie" posted:

I got it too, and I didn't even realize it came with an embellishment!
Pretty! I'm thinking of using the pattern to make a seat cover in
needlepoint - my favorite chair needs a new one.

Just got back from FLA, and am catching up on my e-world ;^) We can see how
progress goes. Might mak a good seat cover, but have to look at the stitches
to make sure they'll all hold up well. The last couple of years, my friend
with the shop has taken to selling most of the Just-Nan charts, and some
other designers, with the embellishment kits. At the least, she generally
gets 3 full sets, even if more copies of the chart alone. So, when you pick
the chart, the embellishment pack is just stapled to it.

Ellice wrote:
Then, I had to buy the Just-Nan Spring In the Air Sampler - heck, it's on
sale, and came with the embellishment pack...

My very DH gave me a gift certificate for my LNS for Christmas, and I
finally trotted over there to spend it.

Lucky you.

I also got an expensive pair of Gingher scissors - one of the first
things I thought of. I checked out several pairs, and wouldn't you know
it, my large fingers liked the most expensive ones best. The Collector's
Series, stainless with pewter finish. Yummy!

Very nice. I have a set of the pewter ones - had them for a few years - for
Hardanger. They live very carefully taken care of. I love them - they have
very long, pointy, thin, tips and only come out to play at cut thread work.
My Gingher storks do the yeoman's work ;^)

I also got
Homespun Elegance's "Patriotic Times"
"Purple Promise" from the Silver Lining,

Beautiful!

and K. Elaine Kramer's "Egg II" which looks like a good "starter"
pattern for Hardanger.

It's a nice piece - we have it in the shop. You'll have fun doing it.

At the rate I'm going, I'll soon have - what's the acronym? SABLE: Stash
Acquisition Beyond Life Expectancy. I already have that in knitting yarn.

LOL - DH is worried that my Quilting, sewing and needlework stashes will all
get together. I think that is why the Quilting/sewing stuff is mostly
downstairs - while needlework is upstairs. Sounds like you had a good
S.E.X. Day!

I'm doing the JanLynn "God Bless America" over 14 ct waste canvas, on a
denim shirt for DH. It's my most complicated graph yet, and I had to
re-start it 3 times before I decided I should ignore the advice to start
in the middle. So I started in a corner. Then I finally figured out I
needed to make a copy of the pattern and mark off what I'd already done.

All good ideas. Definitely the working copy - and many of us use
highlighters or colored pencils. If I make an error - such as one extra
stitch in a color - and I'm not going to take it out, I just mark the chart
so I know that, and it won't set off some big juggernaut of more errors.

Now I'm speeding up some, but it's still slow, since my very-short term
memory can't store more than 10 stitches at once. But at least I've
established a rhythm.

Good for you. You'll be able to recognize more that you've stitched with
practice - at least IME. Once you've gotten a rhythm - it just gets better.

Happy stitchin'
ellice