Stainless Steel Ring Material

Old September 18th 06, 08:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
LittleNipper

Default Stainless Steel Ring Material

I have decided that I'm never going to find the ring i want and
therefor i am going to make the ring myself. My problem is not knowing
where can i find a place to get Stainless Steel to make a fairly large
ring. (about size 11, high school grad ring style...)

Any idea where i can get ahold of this? Any help would be appreciated.

Old September 18th 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Frosty

As the sun rose on Mon, 18 Sep 2006 07:53:56 GMT, the distinguished
and oh so talented "LittleNipper" climbed
up to the podium, shuffled some papers, took a sip of ice water and
shouted in a loud voice:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...&b tnG=Search

Old September 18th 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Norm Dresner

"LittleNipper" wrote in message
|I have decided that I'm never going to find the ring i want and
| therefor i am going to make the ring myself. My problem is not knowing
| where can i find a place to get Stainless Steel to make a fairly large
| ring. (about size 11, high school grad ring style...)
|
| Any idea where i can get ahold of this? Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.smallparts.com/

has small quantities of a very large variety of industrial materials,
including SS in various shapes and sizes.

Norm

Old September 18th 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Abrasha

LittleNipper wrote:
I have decided that I'm never going to find the ring i want and
therefor i am going to make the ring myself. My problem is not knowing
where can i find a place to get Stainless Steel to make a fairly large
ring. (about size 11, high school grad ring style...)

Any idea where i can get ahold of this? Any help would be appreciated.

I get all my stainless steel from Metal Express

http://tinyurl.com/z7es4

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

Old September 18th 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Abrasha

LittleNipper wrote:
I have decided that I'm never going to find the ring i want and
therefor i am going to make the ring myself. My problem is not knowing
where can i find a place to get Stainless Steel to make a fairly large
ring. (about size 11, high school grad ring style...)

Any idea where i can get ahold of this? Any help would be appreciated.

Oh BTW, I forgot. I don't know what your experience with stainless is.

In case you don't have any: Get 303, 316 or 17-4. Do not get 304 or 416. There
are many more grades that I do not have experience with.

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

Old September 19th 06, 02:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Abrasha

Frosty wrote:
As the sun rose on Mon, 18 Sep 2006 07:53:56 GMT, the distinguished
and oh so talented "LittleNipper" climbed
up to the podium, shuffled some papers, took a sip of ice water and
shouted in a loud voice:

I have decided that I'm never going to find the ring i want and
therefor i am going to make the ring myself. My problem is not knowing
where can i find a place to get Stainless Steel to make a fairly large
ring. (about size 11, high school grad ring style...)

Any idea where i can get ahold of this? Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...&b tnG=Search

Those are the wrong search terms. That is a search for pipe. You want round
bar stock or rod.

You are never going to find pipe, that will conform exactly to required ring
sizes. It is much easier to start with solid bar and machine both the OD and ID
of the rings.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

Old September 19th 06, 02:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Abrasha

Norm Dresner wrote:
"LittleNipper" wrote in message
|I have decided that I'm never going to find the ring i want and
| therefor i am going to make the ring myself. My problem is not knowing
| where can i find a place to get Stainless Steel to make a fairly large
| ring. (about size 11, high school grad ring style...)
|
| Any idea where i can get ahold of this? Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.smallparts.com/

has small quantities of a very large variety of industrial materials,
including SS in various shapes and sizes.

Norm

I only buy from small parts when nobody else in the entire country has what I am
looking for, since they are the most expensive supplier of everything they
carry. Almost everything they have can be bought somewhere else for much less.

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

Old September 19th 06, 07:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Frosty

As the sun rose on Tue, 19 Sep 2006 01:34:10 GMT, the distinguished
and oh so talented Abrasha climbed up to the

Frosty wrote:
[...]

Yeah, I figured.
The main suggestion, smartassed as it was, was to Google it.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

Old September 24th 06, 07:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
tmm5111

LittleNipper wrote:
I have decided that I'm never going to find the ring i want and
therefor i am going to make the ring myself. My problem is not knowing
where can i find a place to get Stainless Steel to make a fairly large
ring. (about size 11, high school grad ring style...)

Any idea where i can get ahold of this? Any help would be appreciated.

How about using a SS Hex Nut? Availble from most bolt supply houses or
marine dealers

Old September 25th 06, 05:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Abrasha

tmm5111 wrote:
LittleNipper wrote:
I have decided that I'm never going to find the ring i want and
therefor i am going to make the ring myself. My problem is not knowing
where can i find a place to get Stainless Steel to make a fairly large
ring. (about size 11, high school grad ring style...)

Any idea where i can get ahold of this? Any help would be appreciated.

How about using a SS Hex Nut? Availble from most bolt supply houses or
marine dealers

And how would you propose holding a hex nut (assuming he finds one with the
right dimensions to machine his ring) in a lathe?

Furthermore, where would he go to buy just one hex nut with the right
dimensions, that would cost him less, than say 6" of 303 stainless rod?

BTW, a size 11 requires an inside diameter of approximately 20.6 mm (.81")

Let me know when you find the nut, will ya.

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

offer stainless steel jewellery James Beads 0 August 1st 05 04:00 AM
Stainless Steel Kinetic Watch with compass Pike Jewelry 0 November 7th 04 07:11 PM
tumbling stainless steel Robert Stenson Jewelry 1 September 24th 04 02:22 AM
Common metal alloys Bungadora Beads 13 April 18th 04 09:35 PM
Where to get stainless steel signet ring "blanks"? (driving me nuts!) Jeff S. Jewelry 2 October 27th 03 07:17 AM