Finally, finally - they're here!

Old October 31st 07, 08:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Default Finally, finally - they're here!

I hope this isn't OT? and it certainly isn't an advertisement/spam g

So many of you have been patient (I haven't been patient!) waiting for
my book to be produced. This afternoon I received the first consignment
of books from the printers. I could hardly believe they were real!
I mentioned it over the last few days, in the context of other posts,
but I didn't dare say too much.
The book contains full instructions on how to make 14 small quilts
(about 24" square-ish!), all based on mathematical patterns. Most of
the patterns are on our website: www.quik.clara.co.uk. On the home
page, scroll down until you reach the highlighted 'mathematical quilts'
in the 2004/5 paragraph. Click on that to take you to them. There are
three more in the book . I'll find photos for them, if anyone wants
them. Recognising that some people don't like making just small
quilts/wallhanging, I've added four chapters on how to make four styles
of large/bed sized quilts using the small quilts as blocks.

I still have to check that they are all trimmed properly and have all
the patterns in the pocket in the back, but so far they look OK. Those
who have followed the saga will not be surprised to learn that there is,
even now, a snag. The corrections I made to the very last set of proofs
have not been incorporated. There were only a few. Two are OK as they
are (I just wanted a better way of putting them), and I will insert a
slip to cover the other one. I won't even say it is unbelievable,
because it is all *too* credible from this company. Ugh!

It does look lovely - I'll try to get a picture onto my photo-sharing
site before the night is out, or tomorrow evening if not.

I'm sharing this because it is lovely to be part of a group that
rejoices in others' happiness, as well as helping to support in bad
times. I don't want to use the group as a 'shop', though. So, if
anyone would like to order a book, please do e-mail me - my address is
above. It will be sold on Amazon.com (and Amazon.co.uk), but not for
several weeks, as the publisher's agent has to receive copies first. It
is a pity that the exchange rate between the US and UK us so poor for
the US at the moment; but I'll try to make that side of it as painless
as I can.

I hope you get to smile at the fact that the end has finally come!
--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old October 31st 07, 08:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

Patti wrote:

So many of you have been patient (I haven't been patient!) waiting for
my book to be produced. This afternoon I received the first consignment
of books from the printers. I could hardly believe they were real!
I mentioned it over the last few days, in the context of other posts,
but I didn't dare say too much.
The book contains full instructions on how to make 14 small quilts
(about 24" square-ish!), all based on mathematical patterns.

Well done Patti! I know this has been a long and frustrating road for
you, so you must be so glad to have reached this point and know that all
that work has finally been worth it. I shall really look forward to
seeing your book on Amazon or in the LQS.

Congratulations!

Lizzy
Old October 31st 07, 09:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Yipee! EEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeya-hooooooooooo, oh boy and Hot Dog. It's come,
it's done, it's in Patti's hands. I just can not believe it. The gators
and I are fast-stepping tonight!
And for what it's worth - I have a book by , awww, gee, I can't think
of her name but you know who I mean. Might be Eleanor Burns. That crazy
lady who cuts stuff and tosses the remains over her shoulder onto the floor.
Anyhow, there are 2 or 3 'oops' in her book and I noticed that she'd had
sticky labels printed and glued over the printer slip-ups. Made sense to me
and worked just fine. I only hoped she hadn't tossed her publisher over her
shoulder too. It could happen.
Congratulations to the Hill from the Swamp. Yaaaaaaaaaay, Patti
Polly

Old October 31st 07, 09:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats, Patti,
just went and had another look at all your math quilts.
divine.
i love the snowflake best i think.
now that you've got to the point of no return, lol, take a
wee break, breathe, have some chocolate and/or champagne,
even better and celebrate for a wee while. then get a move
on to the next quilt show with a box or 4 in hand to sell to
the folks who also love this type of quilt. i'm sure they'll
sell like hotcakes when its the designer there to personally
sign a copy for them.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
cheers and again, congrats big time!!
jeanne

"Patti" wrote...

Old October 31st 07, 10:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

Yiiiiiiiippppeeeeeeeeeeeeee! and congratulations.

Sally jumping up and down at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk

Old October 31st 07, 10:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Megwen

OK, which days will you be at Malvern with your book? Then I'll start
work on persuading DH that it's exactly the place to go for a day out
this weekend! Please keep a copy for me.

Well done!

Megwen
Bath, England

Old October 31st 07, 10:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Gerda

HOORAY!!!! Well done you!!! Love patterns (and the view across the valley
too), will keep an eye out for your book!

--
Gerda
Reading, UK

Old October 31st 07, 10:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

I've spoken to the people who will be carrying the book this weekend.
They have been told they have very little space. So, I won't be able to
do signings, and they don't really want me hanging around! I'll be
meeting a local friend there on the Friday, but now I won't come on the
Saturday and Sunday. I'm really sorry. I can always send you one -
just say the word and I'll be happy to. E-mail me your address (if I
don't already have it? brain a bit worn tonight!) if so.
..
In message .com,
Megwen writes

Old October 31st 07, 10:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bronnie

On 1 Nov, 06:44, Patti wrote:
I hope this isn't OT? and it certainly isn't an advertisement/spam g

So many of you have been patient (I haven't been patient!) waiting for
my book to be produced. This afternoon I received the first consignment

[snip]

I hope you get to smile at the fact that the end has finally come!
--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

That's fantastic news Patti! I was praying beyond hope it wouldn't
be a posthumorous publication given the time it has taken!!! Gosh, it
is enough to put off the most stridently patient would-be author.
Congratulations for hanging in there. You and Dave (for his unwavering
support???) should be very proud and happy. We are for you,
love Bron and Franklin
Tell me the cost (retail, none of this at-cost rubbish) and I'll send
you a cheque & pph.

Old October 31st 07, 11:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd[_3_]

Doing a happy dance in Oregon for you.

--
Mary
http://community.webshots.com/user/m...host=community
"Patti" wrote in message
[...]

I have finally done it. mb from pa Quilting 18 April 22nd 06 05:41 PM
WIPs finally finished & pictures finally posted!~ Terbear Quilting 5 January 8th 05 03:02 AM
Finally Got It!!! Mika Quilting 10 October 26th 04 06:32 PM
Finally, finally my kreinik arrived Addie Needlework 2 May 13th 04 07:29 PM
FINALLY!!!!! [email protected] Yarn 5 May 7th 04 04:54 AM