Frank's Annual Gift List

Old December 3rd 07, 03:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Frank Reid

Default Frank's Annual Gift List

Okay folks, its that time again. What does Frank get for Brenda this
year.
Hmmm, she's getting this in February: http://picasaweb.google.com/flytyer37/ReidHome
The 1200 square foot sewing room in the walk out basement comes
equipped with two sewing stations (so Mom and Daughter can sew at the
same time), sliding design wall that hides 30 feet of fabric storage,
a 14X16 foot area for a future long arm and a washer to do felting.

One item I've found is this: http://www.letsgel.com/ Yes, they're
designed for the kitchen (where she's at right now making cranberry
bread pudding), but I think it would be something great in front of
her cutting table and another in front of her ironing table (we've
progressed way beyond an ironing board).
What else is the "must have" item for a quilters Xmas this year? I
will summarize the results so you all can leave the list where your
significant other can find it.
Cheers
Frank Reid
Old December 3rd 07, 03:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Oh, Frank, you are truly a gem! The house is beautiful- that's the style of
architecture I love the best. And Brenda's studio is what *every* quilter
dreams about! WOW! You cannot call that a sewing room BTW- that's most
definitely a STUDIO. (My entire house is just over 1200 sq. ft. LOL!) The
mat is an excellent choice- great idea. Sorry, but I have no suggestions
for you. How you manage to top the previous Christmas every year always
amazes me. Lucky Brenda!

Leslie, Missy & The Furbabies in MO.

PS: My former hubby was from Plattsmouth! I didn't realize that's where
you'd settled. Small world.

Old December 3rd 07, 03:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article
,
Frank Reid wrote:

[...]

Welcome back, Frank! We've been expecting you. That house looks
gorgeous, and I hope you'll post photos of it when it's finished --
including the inside, and especially the sewing room. G I have no idea
what to get her this time, but good luck finding just the right thing.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old December 3rd 07, 05:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Frank, nice to see you popping in. The gel mats are available somewhere
online besides the main webpage. I found them while looking for
something else. (I'm sorry I don't still have the link) The price was
almost half of the original page price. They run an ad in Sunset
magazine and that had caught my attention. The edges looked like they
wouldn't work with the dogs running all over but if you don't have dogs
the seemed like really nice mats that are good looking.
Boy, the house looks really nice. I hope things are going well with it
and you all find it a wonderful home. My dad (a carpenter) built a home
for my mama in '61. They only stayed in it about 12 years but I would
sure buy it if it came on the market and I could afford it. Being a
SO. Cal. kid I have never lived with a basement. (seems like a hole
to fall in when the earthquake hits here!) Pretty important in your
part of the world I bet. I'm looking forward to seeing that sewing room
all set up for action!
I posted on another thread wondering what
you were getting for Brenda. I was thinking she needed one of these:

http://www.hinterberg.com/caddy/ncaddy-default.html

Happy shopping, Taria

Old December 3rd 07, 01:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Frank Reid

On Dec 2, 11:26 pm, Taria wrote:
[...]

-

Taria,
I'm a So Cal kid too (born in Pomona, raised in Chino). I love
basements. They're a great way to double the floor space of your
house.
I've found another gel mat made for under a drum set. I'm going over
to the local music store this weekend to check them out.
Frank Reid
Old December 3rd 07, 01:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Frank Reid

PS: My former hubby was from Plattsmouth! I didn't realize that's where
you'd settled. Small world.

Well, not all Plattsmouthians (?) have been kicked out the door. :-)
Will try to raise the bar.
Frank Reid
Old December 3rd 07, 02:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

What fun to watch your new house take shape! We'll need some photos of that
room, eventually.
The gel mat is a great idea -wonder if it would also keep sm pedals from
sliding. Does it come in other colors? Somehow I imagine a little
floor-level light right under the sm table, with one of those comfy mats, no
more worries about dropping pins and scissors.
IMO you would do well to give Brenda a few of her favorite trees for the new
garden. Not exactly quilty, but a nice garden with a shady spot for a lawn
chair is a great place for reading quilting magazines.
Roberta in D

Old December 3rd 07, 03:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I forgot. You got smart and escaped! Since we are pretty full around
here (and dd says we have to evict her to get rid of her) we have added
a few out buildings. Ok for storage but little else. We threaten to
escape So. Cal. too but as long as my dad is alive it probably isn't
going to happen.
Let us know what you end up with on the mats and how Brenda likes
them. Sounds like a great gift idea.
Taria

-

Old December 3rd 07, 04:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Frank Reid

What fun to watch your new house take shape! We'll need some photos of that
room, eventually.
The gel mat is a great idea -wonder if it would also keep sm pedals from
sliding. Does it come in other colors? Somehow I imagine a little
floor-level light right under the sm table, with one of those comfy mats, no
more worries about dropping pins and scissors.
IMO you would do well to give Brenda a few of her favorite trees for the new
garden. Not exactly quilty, but a nice garden with a shady spot for a lawn
chair is a great place for reading quilting magazines.
Roberta in D

Well, there will be a 16 X 34 foot covered deck. We will not be
planting trees as we are returning the acrage to the natural prairie
habitat. That being said, as an homage to her Iowa roots, I will be
putting in a 14' windmill.
Frank Reid

Old December 3rd 07, 04:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Good luck! And I do mean that as I know "good luck" can be a bit sarcastic.
It's difficult to get used to a new prairie landscaping. It looks weedy and
messy for a while. But when the grasses get going and the wildflowers get
established, it can be beautiful. Where in Iowa is Brenda from?

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi