Where can I find.....?

Old June 14th 06, 06:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Where can I find.....?

My son wants me to make him a lap quilt in the image of a racing horse
blanket. Does anyone know where I can get templates (or anything else) with
numbers and letters? I guess this quilt needs them to be appliquéd.
(shudder). It's supposed to have a big number on it and the name of the
horse in letters. Thank you for any help.

Barb in Florida

Old June 14th 06, 11:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Howdy!

Here's a good pic of a racing horse blanket:
http://tinyurl.com/qj6b3

and some templates that are large and plain:
http://www.dltk-teach.com/numbers/simple-numbers.htm

letters for those names:
http://www.dltk-teach.com/alphabuddies/marcysabcs.htm

You could stencil them on and embroidery or paint them.

Good luck, Barb!
(Rather you than I. g)

Ragmop/Sandy

Old June 14th 06, 11:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

remember that you can print letters in your word processor quite large... even just one per page --
just change the font size to like 300 or 400 or whatever... keep playing with the font size until
you get what you want.

Kate in MI

Old June 15th 06, 01:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

wrote in message
My son wants me to make him a lap quilt in the image of a racing horse
blanket. Does anyone know
where I can get templates (or anything else) with numbers and letters? I
guess this quilt needs
them to be appliquéd. (shudder). It's supposed to have a big number on it
and the name of the
horse in letters. Thank you for any help.

Barb in Florida

Barb, if you're not keen on appliqué, you might want to think about
paper-pieced letters and numbers. Carol Doak's _300 Paper-Pieced Quilt
Blocks_ has the entire alphabet and all the numbers you'd need. It comes
with a CD-ROM with the patterns on it, and you can resize them from the
original 3" to whatever size you like. HTH.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education