Question about slipping ruler

Old April 22nd 05, 08:05 PM

Default Question about slipping ruler

What can I put on the back of my large rulers to keep them from slipping
while I'm cutting strips? I messed up a few of them today. Thanks.

Barb C. in FL

Old April 22nd 05, 08:47 PM

there are wee tiny little round bits found at quilt shops for back of
rulers to stop that slipping. not sure what they are called tho. i
imagine they can be found in the ruler section the bigger online shops.
someone else will know soon tho.
hugz,
jeanne
lost in a fog in london, no its not foggy, glasses frame broke and
they are now taped together, oh well, one more thing to do that i also
dont know how, where or when to deal with, arghhhhh

Old April 22nd 05, 09:19 PM
Butterfly

Jeanne,
When my glass frame snapped DH used Insta Glue and glued them back together.
I don't wear them any more but they are still together (got new ones 2 yrs
ago)..so they lasted at least 2 years of constant use with it.
Not any help as to where to go for new ones, other than Niece Eye Dr says
STAY AWAY from Lens Crafters with "our" type of vision--may take more than 2
weeks to get new glasses--and they usually are not that accurate--they are
good for minor corrective lenses tho
HTH
Butterfly

oups.com...

Old April 22nd 05, 11:28 PM
JL

At John Flynn's class, he had us use the double stick steam a seam 2. I've
also tried the small round sand paper circles. I recently bought some small
round clear plastic circles but haven't tried them yet.

I saw on Simply Quilts to just squirt some hot glue gun glue on the back of
your ruler.

HTH!

Juli

Old April 23rd 05, 01:12 PM

I use Omnigrid's InvisiGRIP, which is made for that purpose. It holds
just the right amount and is easy to remove from the ruler, should you
ever decide to do so.

Bev in TX.

Old April 23rd 05, 01:22 PM
Tina

I use those little clear dots also - picked up a whole sheet of them at
WalMart for about .96 cents! They are AWESOME! I love it that my
ruler doesn't move anymore when I'm cutting.

My only problem is forgetting that they work so well, trying to "slide"
the ruler across the fabric and then having to smooth my fabric back
out because I "drug" the ruler across it! LOL

Tina

Old April 25th 05, 01:54 PM
Maureen Wozniak

Try InvisiGrip. It has helped me a lot.

Maureen

Old April 25th 05, 02:12 PM
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

One quick and easy quick trick is to paint a small, short line of clear
nail polish on the wrong side of the ruler and sprinkle salt on it.
When it dries you have a "rough" spot that will hold your ruler still.
Put several up and down the ruler. A plus is that you can see thru it.

Leslie and The Furbabies in MO.