Computer Problems Still

Old October 31st 07, 01:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ruth Carlos

Default Computer Problems Still

As you know I have just spent a fortune on my computer and now I have
another problem which is driving me burko.
When I write an e-mail I always have the spell check done before I send it,
for some reason my chosen language for emails is French so that every time I
write a letter I have to add every other word to the Dictionery because I
cannot change from French to English. I have looked through my books but I
am given no alternative in the Properties.
Can anyone help?
Ruth
Sydney
Feeling like Dr Johnson writing the dictionery all over again

Old October 31st 07, 01:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Charlotte

In your preferences for your email program there should be a place where you
can mark/unmark to have spelling automatically checked before each message
goes out. All you have to do is change that so that it is not automatically
checking.

As for the French language, this happened to me a few months back when my DH
download a trial of the new version of MS Office. For some reason the
English dictionary got deleted (apparently this was a problem with the new
version I was advised by some very kind soul here). Shortly after that I
had major computer issues and so DH redid my whole system eliminating the
issue. You don't have to do that!!! All you have to do, I was told, is
pull out your old version of office and have it install the dictionary only,
then select English as the language for spell checker.

HTH!!!
--
Charlotte
http://community.webshots.com/user/charh108

Old October 31st 07, 04:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 13:34:02 GMT, "Ruth Carlos"
wrote:

As you know I have just spent a fortune on my computer and now I have
another problem which is driving me burko.
When I write an e-mail I always have the spell check done before I send it,
for some reason my chosen language for emails is French so that every time I
write a letter I have to add every other word to the Dictionery because I
cannot change from French to English. I have looked through my books but I
am given no alternative in the Properties.
Can anyone help?
Ruth
Sydney
Feeling like Dr Johnson writing the dictionery all over again

Try this if you haven't already:
Click on Tools
You want "Options" at the bottom of the drop down menu, which opens a
window full of tabs
You need to click the tab for "Spelling"
You can now choose to turn off the spell checker at the top, and
switch the language to English at the bottom of that window. (My
default settings for those are "suggest replacements for misspelled
words" and "English (United States)".)
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old October 31st 07, 06:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

hi Ruth,
using Outlook Express i see.
click on tools, options, send tab, int'l settings and see if
you can fix the setting there.
i use western european (ISO) fwiw.
also turning off the spellcheck if all else fails.
dont forget to click apply and ok when finished.
good luck,
jeanne

"Ruth Carlos" wrote...

Old November 1st 07, 06:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ruth Carlos

Thank you for your help.
To Debra and Jeanne, I don't have an option for a language change, all I
have is French, and no other option.
To Charlotte, I will do as you suggest. It has started only since I put in
the new Office 2007. I will let you know what other damage I can do.
Thank you all very much. What a wonderful group of people you are.
Ruth
Sydney