Directory?

Old April 25th 07, 10:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.[_2_]

Default Directory?

Is there a consensus as to whether we should continue to wait... or start
over?

Has anybody heard from Alice W. lately? about 3 weeks ago she indicated
that she was still traveling... but we're not to far from the year
anniversary of taking information to start the directory.

I have had several instances where I wish I had a current copy (my old one
didn't help me in a couple of circumstances).

What is everybody thinking...???

Should we continue to wait -- or start anew?

Kate in MI

Old April 25th 07, 10:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

And make all the work Alice has tried so hard to fit in count for
naught?
I don't think so.

There are other ways of getting information we might need.
..
In message , Kate G.
writes
Is there a consensus as to whether we should continue to wait... or start
over?

Has anybody heard from Alice W. lately? about 3 weeks ago she indicated
that she was still traveling... but we're not to far from the year
anniversary of taking information to start the directory.

I have had several instances where I wish I had a current copy (my old one
didn't help me in a couple of circumstances).

What is everybody thinking...???

Should we continue to wait -- or start anew?

Kate in MI

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old April 26th 07, 12:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

I have been caught out twice recently when I sent birthday
e-cards by getting emails back that the intended recipients
have died. That was - at the very least - embarassing for
me and distressing for the receiving family. I am fast
getting to the point where I will not use the "current"
directory.

I understand that people's lives can spiral out of control
but I do think we could at least ask Alice to pass this task
over to someone else. The "current" info is over 18months
old now.

The Directory is a LOT of work and no-one should
underestimate what is involved. Perhaps it has become too
much of a burden to ask of one person, especially Alice when
she is so very busy. I would be more than happy to assist
someone with the job in future, and I think that having a
couple of people work on it might help avoid this sort of
problem in future.

--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o

:
: Has anybody heard from Alice W. lately? about 3 weeks ago
she indicated
: that she was still traveling... but we're not to far from
the year
: anniversary of taking information to start the directory.
:
: I have had several instances where I wish I had a current
copy (my old one
: didn't help me in a couple of circumstances).
:
: What is everybody thinking...???
:
: Should we continue to wait -- or start anew?
:
: Kate in MI
: http://community.webshots.com/user/K_Groves
:
:

Old April 26th 07, 01:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Gen

I think we should start over. There are some new ones that would like to be
included. While I know Alice is busy, I truly believe she should have asked
for help some time ago. This has gone on way too long, especially since you
stepped up months ago and offered to help. Thanks.
Gen

Old April 26th 07, 01:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

CATS wrote:
[...]

I have to regretfully agree with you Cheryl - I daren't use the
directory any more - with about 250 people in it and its age, it is just
too risky, and now the 'new' one will be out of date too. - its a long
time since we filled the form in.

If a new one could perhaps just include the people who have been
approved for the one which didn't appear - but we would have to refill
in the form to make sure details are up to date. That way it would be a
quicker job this time round to get us up to date.(I believe it was the
vetting of new entrants that slowed everything down.) Then we could go
back to the usual 'new people procedure' for subsequent editions.

It is kind of you to offer to help - my computer skills are certainly
not up to it - I am still tweaking my bit of our computer after its new
hard-drive.

I do appreciate all Alice's hard work, and do understand that Life has
just overtaken her, and that her job of course has to have priority. It
surely would be a relief if this extra work was lifted from her shoulders

--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
Old April 26th 07, 06:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
~KK in BC~

Well I know that right now my life is in chaos from just being beyond busy
and I can imagine the load of data transfer that is involved in sending out
the directory. I too would like to have a more recent copy but I will be
patient... If her life is anything like mine, just taking a few moments to
sit and breathe is a real treat.

MY INFO HAS NOT CHANGED THOUGH!!!!! I AM STILL AT THE SAME ADDRESS THAT IS
IN THE OLD DIRECTORY!!!! lol

I am sure that many of the names that are regular posters in here are still
current but as CATS said, it is a bit embarrassing sometimes when things
aren't current.

~KK in BC~ who is wondering if that was subtle enough of a hint about my
address not being different??? hmm...........

Old April 26th 07, 09:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Yes, it was KK!
It was truly subtle, and I take no other meaning from it gg
Of course, capital letters do distort subtlety a little!!
..
In message 3mWXh.508$Dq6.298@edtnps82, ~KK in BC~
writes

Old April 26th 07, 12:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.[_2_]

Jacqueline -- if you could get the web page set up -- I could do the after
the data is collected part. I don't work outside the home.... and could
devote significant time to the project (which is why I repeatedly offered to
help Alice W.). I also am a fairly proficient user of both Word and Excel
(I passed the MOUS exams... and used to teach/consult with folks on how to
use their Microsoft Software).

So if you are up for the data gathering (I don't have anyplace to post a
webpage) - -once we close the data and confirm and organize it -- I'm good
to go! I would need to do it sooner rather than later... at my month of
June is pretty much shot (I get to spend 15 days in Scandanavia ....
woohoo!) so before and after that trip I'll be pretty busy.

Kate in MI

"Jacqueline" wrote in message
Gen,

At the time my life was not that busy and I also stepped up and
offered to help as did others, and she wanted no help but was polite
and thanked me for asking. The directory list was made in late August
or early Sept. because I did not start coming to the group until
August. The form was tested in August and opened the weekend of
August 18th and ran through Sept. 15, 2006, I still had the email
about it because I was so hoping to be in it; that's how I knew this
info. I still have hopes of being in it when ever it is redone or
whatever but I too think it is a little old to use, well the info is
almost 9 months old, so if you all do a new one each year it is time
to start getting ready for it anyway.

I don't have a lot of time so can't volunteer to help with it except I
can set the form up on my site to use to sign up. Well, let me put
it this way I think I could still set up a form, it has been so long
since I have done anything other than add a few recipes that I am not
sure if I can or not. But I would be willing to give it a try.

Jacqueline in KY

"Kate G." wrote in message
Is there a consensus as to whether we should continue to wait... or
start
over?

Has anybody heard from Alice W. lately? about 3 weeks ago she indicated
that she was still traveling... but we're not to far from the year
anniversary of taking information to start the directory.

I have had several instances where I wish I had a current copy (my old
one
didn't help me in a couple of circumstances).

What is everybody thinking...???

Should we continue to wait -- or start anew?

Kate in MI

Jacqueline in Kentucky, USA
http://www.mountain-breeze.com
Recipes

to reply leave out the nopam in

Old April 26th 07, 03:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
Sally Swindells wrote:

[...]

I have to agree with you and Cheryl, Sally. I can easily understand how
swamped Alice is, but the information is no longer current in either the
directory we already do have or the one that we signed up for most
recently.

As Cheryl said, having more than one person do the work could make the
burden (it is a lot of work, I know!) lighter for both, as well as
making the information appear more quickly.

I'm more than willing to do something to help -- especially since I'm
now one of the ones whose information has changed. g

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) embarqmail (dot) com (remove/change the obvious)
Old April 26th 07, 03:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
Patti wrote:

And make all the work Alice has tried so hard to fit in count for
naught?
I don't think so.

There are other ways of getting information we might need.

Pat, I know that Alice has really worked hard, and I don't think anyone
here -- me least of all -- wants to minimize that. We just want to
take a burden off of her already overworked shoulders. I don't in any
way want to make her feel bad; I just hope to take some of the stress
off of her, while getting the information out to people who want it.

The Directory? Carissa Quilting 0 June 22nd 05 02:37 AM
OT - More about the directory LN \(remove NOSPAM\) Quilting 12 October 4th 04 01:00 AM
Directory dreamboat Quilting 1 April 2nd 04 01:11 PM
OT - Directory.... LN \(remove NOSPAM\) Quilting 2 March 8th 04 10:55 PM
OT - Directory LN \(remove NOSPAM\) Quilting 7 February 18th 04 01:05 AM