My condolences

Old April 16th 07, 09:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Default My condolences

I'm shocked and deeply saddened by the events at Virginia Tech University
this morning. I'm glued to the television. If any of our newgroup has
friends or family affected by this awful event, I send you my thoughts and
prayers.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old April 16th 07, 10:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Thanks, Kathyl. I've got several indirect connections
to Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State
University. (AKA Virginia Tech for short.) DH is a
grad; I've got great memories of our campus dates there
.... some of the buildings you see on TV are familiar to
me. Currently, several of our friends have
sons/daughters at Tech. I haven't heard from all of
them yet. This is just heart breaking. Prayers are
welcome! PAT

Old April 16th 07, 11:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 20:43:28 GMT, "KJ" wrote:

I'm shocked and deeply saddened by the events at Virginia Tech University
this morning. I'm glued to the television. If any of our newgroup has
friends or family affected by this awful event, I send you my thoughts and
prayers.

My DB lives up there. I found out about it when he called to say he
was OK but couldn't get in touch with a friend/room mate who works at
Tech. His friend has since check in, as well as various students he
knows. Scary stuff. The numbers keep going up.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old April 16th 07, 11:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

A terrible day for all involved...and those of us watching. My thoughts are
with you. A similar but smaller scale incident happened on our campus
(University of Iowa) in the early 90's. I'm sure it's bringing up some bad
memories for many here in town.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old April 16th 07, 11:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

I'm glad your DB is ok!

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old April 16th 07, 11:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
Pat in Virginia wrote:

Thanks, Kathyl. I've got several indirect connections
to Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State
University. (AKA Virginia Tech for short.) DH is a
grad; I've got great memories of our campus dates there
... some of the buildings you see on TV are familiar to
me. Currently, several of our friends have
sons/daughters at Tech. I haven't heard from all of
them yet. This is just heart breaking. Prayers are
welcome! PAT

Pat, I've been thinking of you ever since I heard about this on the
morning news. Amazingly, we didn't hear about it until 9:30 *Pacific*
time! I can't imagine the grief that must be drowning all of the family
and friends of the people on campus this morning.

Following Columbine, most schools (elementary through H.S.) were made
more secure by means of closing campuses and issuing IDs. How in the
world would a college campus be made secure, given the numerous
buildings and the comings and goings of all of the students? It has to
be an impossible task.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) earthlink (dot) net (remove/change the obvious)
Old April 17th 07, 01:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

Ditto. I didn't know a thing about it till I got off work and was on my way
home. What a tragedy!

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

Old April 17th 07, 02:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*

impossible cuz its too late now to change the constitution.
dont get me started on that.
jeanne
--
Vote B'fly for President '08
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

"Sandy" wrote...

Old April 17th 07, 02:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Alice

My son has many friends at VT. He was raised in VA, but attends college in
PA. He told me this afternoon that he's been in touch with everyone he
knows, but I wonder when the names come out, if he/we won't know someone. I
feel so sorry for the parents who haven't been able to get in touch with
their sons/daughters on campus yet. It's a parent's worst nightmare!

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu

Old April 17th 07, 02:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

I hope this doesn't touch anyone your son knows personally. But, of course,
everyone will share in the grief. Those poor poor parents. I just can't
imagine the pain.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi