RCTQ meeting

Old April 10th 07, 10:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Megwen

Default RCTQ meeting

I've just had a most enjoyable day with Pat (without her hill) and Jo
(not
in Malvern today). They arrived in Bath this morning on the same train
and
we had no problem 'recognising' each other! We started off with a
cuppa and
a long chat, I then did the 'Megwen conducted tour'............the one
we
did Bronwen, up to the Circus and along to Royal Crescent, were your
ears
burning?!!

We then found one fabric shop where Pat and Jo bought some fat
quarters and
then to another coffee shop for another natter! We finished up in the
LQS
where Pat found some finger protectors and Jo got some more fabric!

It was then time for the trains back to 'the hill' and Malvern.

Who is next for the tour of Bath?!!

Megwen

Bath, England

I'm posting through my google account as my megwen at onetel dot net
account won't send messages to RCTQ!

Old April 10th 07, 11:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

How nice! The world gets smaller and smaller as we all meet up and link our
chain of friendship.
Wish I had been there.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
oups.com...

Old April 10th 07, 11:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article .com,
"Megwen" wrote:

[...]

What a lovely day it sounds, Megwen! I've been to your beautiful city
several times, back when I was escorting students to Europe and didn't
know any online quilters. g

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) earthlink (dot) net (remove/change the obvious)
Old April 11th 07, 12:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna Aten[_2_]

RCTQ meetups are fun!
--
Donna in Idaho

oups.com...

Old April 11th 07, 08:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Yes - it was a really great day! Thanks Megwen - it was lovely to meet
you. Jo and I met at Malvern last year, so we weren't quite strangers;
but yesterday was a super 'getting to know you' opportunity. We found
we had such a lot in common even apart from P&Q.
Bath is so beautiful, and is featured in lots of films! I was so glad
to have the opportunity of seeing it under the guidance of a long-time
resident.
I hope Jo was as lucky with her trains home as I was, despite the
crowding.
I had done some hand piecing the week before, with tiny little, very
sharp needles! I remembered my first P&Q teacher had shown us some
little plastic 'things' that slipped over the underneath finger. When I
saw them on the 'notions' wall in the second shop, I bought a couple.
My left index finger is grateful!

A good day. I forgot to tell Jo where I will be today - Malvern!! It
is the turn of our Malvern member (miniatures group) to host our meeting
day.
..
In message .com,
Megwen writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old April 11th 07, 12:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

I MUST get out a map and see where all these lovely places are in relation
to one another. My UK geography is pretty much non-existant.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
"Patti" wrote in message
[...]

.
In message .com, Megwen
writes

Old April 11th 07, 03:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
recarlos

My daughter wants to see Bath when we go to England in June, my DH is also
keen to see where the Time Team dug their trenches in the Crescent. Not sure
when we will get there though.
Ruth
Sydney
oups.com...

Old April 11th 07, 03:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Megwen

On Apr 11, 3:27 pm, "recarlos" wrote:
My daughter wants to see Bath when we go to England in June, my DH is also
keen to see where the Time Team dug their trenches in the Crescent. Not sure
when we will get there though.
Ruth
Sydney"Megwen" wrote in message

oups.com...

I've just had a most enjoyable day with Pat (without her hill) and Jo
(not- Hide quoted text -

Let me know when and we can meet up. I'll have to check on the time
team
trenches, I thought that they had worked on a site where a CHurchwas
destroyed during the Blitz which is behind the Crescent.

Megwen

Old April 12th 07, 02:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
recarlos

I think they were looking for an old Roman Road with burials along it, I
think they found some coins. My DH is the expert on these things.
Ruth,
Sydney
oups.com...

Old April 13th 07, 08:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leigh Harris

"Megwen" wrote: Who is next for the tour of Bath?!!

Hey, you never know, it could be me! We're coming to England in
December/January. Not sure exactly where we're spending time yet, but we
will have six weeks. Maybe we'll be able to come share a Bath with you! :-)

--
Leigh Harris
Perth, Western Australia

rctq meeting Roberta Zollner Quilting 2 July 14th 06 07:15 PM
RCTQ Meeting: Rita Pat in Virginia Quilting 1 October 17th 05 04:14 PM
An RCTQ Meeting Mary in Rock Island IL Quilting 3 July 9th 05 02:35 AM
RCTQ Pics.....join the meeting.... Mary in Oregon Quilting 20 February 27th 04 12:05 PM
Here RCTQ Pics.....join the meeting.... Ellison Quilting 3 February 25th 04 06:40 PM