QUILT SHOWS

Old October 10th 04, 05:17 AM
MoragP

Default QUILT SHOWS

If you know of a quilt show in your area, could you please post the city and
the dates. Some of us are able to travel now that we are ...ahem...older and
retired but it's hard to get the word on what's where. The quilt mags list
shows but are often too late for us to make arrangements.

From Jan's post, I now know that the Kansas City show is in early October.
When is the Sisters, OR show? How about others in the country? Please list or
email directly. Thanks
Morag in Detroit
Old October 10th 04, 05:33 AM
maryd

Sisters' Quilt Show July9,2005
http://www.stitchinpost.com/soqs.html

--
Mary
"MoragP" wrote in message
If you know of a quilt show in your area, could you please post the city

and
the dates. Some of us are able to travel now that we are ...ahem...older

and
retired but it's hard to get the word on what's where. The quilt mags

list
shows but are often too late for us to make arrangements.

From Jan's post, I now know that the Kansas City show is in early October.

Old October 10th 04, 05:42 AM
Pauline O'Connell

And if you are planning to go to Sisters in 2005, you may already be too
late to get a room. In 2004, I was able to find accomodations at the
Eagle-Crest Resort, just about 20 minutes from Sisters - between Bend &
Sisters. It's a huge golf resort, so if you're trying to find a room, give
them a try. They were very accomodating to me, both when I made the
reservations & when we got there & needed to change rooms (we booked for 4,
one had to cancel, so we asked for a rollaway, so we would only need 1 room,
they ended up upgrading us to a suite at no extra cost!) It's a beautiful
property & very well maintained. NAYY

Pauline

"MoragP" wrote in message
If you know of a quilt show in your area, could you please post the city

and
the dates. Some of us are able to travel now that we are ...ahem...older

and
retired but it's hard to get the word on what's where. The quilt mags

list
shows but are often too late for us to make arrangements.

From Jan's post, I now know that the Kansas City show is in early

October.

Old October 10th 04, 05:52 AM
maryd

Eagle Crest is beautiful. In searching for a room, there are several other
small towns within an hour drive or so. We are about 2 1/2 hours from
Sisters.

--
Mary

"MoragP" wrote in message
If you know of a quilt show in your area, could you please post the

city
and
the dates. Some of us are able to travel now that we are

....ahem...older
and
retired but it's hard to get the word on what's where. The quilt mags

list
shows but are often too late for us to make arrangements.

From Jan's post, I now know that the Kansas City show is in early

October.

Old October 10th 04, 07:29 AM
Sharon Harper

What about gettin' y'alls butts down here to Melbourne? There are the
Stitches and Craft Shows in all major capital cities throughout the year as
well as a gasquillion smaller shows. When are y'all free to travel and I'll
give you a list??

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia
Queen of Down Under

"MoragP" wrote in message
If you know of a quilt show in your area, could you please post the city

and
the dates. Some of us are able to travel now that we are ...ahem...older

and
retired but it's hard to get the word on what's where. The quilt mags

list
shows but are often too late for us to make arrangements.

From Jan's post, I now know that the Kansas City show is in early October.

Old October 10th 04, 07:45 AM
Patti

How far are you willing to travel Morag?!!
..
In article , MoragP
writes
If you know of a quilt show in your area, could you please post the city and
the dates. Some of us are able to travel now that we are ...ahem...older and
retired but it's hard to get the word on what's where. The quilt mags list
shows but are often too late for us to make arrangements.

From Jan's post, I now know that the Kansas City show is in early October.
When is the Sisters, OR show? How about others in the country? Please list or
email directly. Thanks
Morag in Detroit

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old October 10th 04, 01:52 PM
Julia in MN

The Minnesota Quilt Show will be in Duluth June 9-11, 2005. Duluth is on
Lake Superior and one of my favorite vacation spots. The Minnesota quilt
show is always about the same time in June each year, but the location
rotates among Duluth, St. Cloud, St. Paul, and Rochester. I have been
told that this is the largest all-volunteer show in the country.

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old October 10th 04, 01:55 PM
nbhilyard

Morag,

The folks who bring us the Houston show, Quilts Inc., have expanded to
Chicago. More specifically, to Rosemont, next to O'Hare Airport. The third
show will be April 8-10, 2005--obviously they're pushing against Paducah.
(I wonder how that affects the vendors and the instructors.)

There are some 8,000 hotel rooms in Rosemont and thousands more within
driving distance of the convention center.

Nann

"MoragP" wrote in message
If you know of a quilt show in your area, could you please post the city

and
the dates. Some of us are able to travel now that we are ...ahem...older

and
retired but it's hard to get the word on what's where. The quilt mags

list
shows but are often too late for us to make arrangements.

From Jan's post, I now know that the Kansas City show is in early October.

Old October 10th 04, 04:03 PM
MoragP

Sharon and Patti,
Thatks for the kick in the butt. I just never thought about going out of the
country for a show but it's a possibility.

Julia, Nann, Linda and Michelle,
Thanks for the information on your quilt shows. They are all do-able. I just
have to choose.
Michelle, the 2006 show in Ottawa sounds very exciting. Should I brush up my
French?

If anyone has another show I should know about, please drop me a note.
The AQS Exposition in Nashville this year was such fun. I learned a bunch of
new skills and met some terrific quilters. I have to do it again!

Morag in Detroit

Florida Quilt shows Sue H. Quilting 5 December 14th 03 07:51 PM
quilt progress and a quilt story..a bit long, and with a question CNYstitcher Quilting 4 September 30th 03 03:48 AM
Tucson quilt shows of past years QuiltShopHopper Quilting 1 September 25th 03 02:23 PM
OK, Here's MY Life Story as it Applies to Quilting... [email protected] Quilting 10 September 3rd 03 09:07 PM
Confiscated raggedy ole quilt Shelly Quilting 2 August 27th 03 03:08 AM