*CHARM SWAP*

Old September 25th 04, 04:28 AM
Siptah

Default *CHARM SWAP*

1) Charms will be swapped in sets. You may send as many sets each month as
you wish, you will get back the same number of sets. A set will be defined
as 3 charms of different fabrics, consisting of a "light," a "dark," and a
"medium" value of the color of the month. Values may be relative within
your set, so your "light" could be the equivalent to someone else's "medium"
or "dark" (i.e. if Black/White were the color choice, one person may have
a white, a light grey and a medium grey, a second person may have a white, a
medium grey and a black, and a third may have a medium grey, a dark grey and
a black.all three would be valid sets for that color). In the event that a
person sends more sets than persons in a particular month, you will receive
repeats and/or one or more of your own sets back (i.e. you send 10 sets, but
only 8 people participate). I will always do my best to return as many
different sets as possible. Charms are to be 6" square

2) You may opt in or opt out on a monthly basis. Only swap the months you
want to. To allow me to keep track, please e-mail me if you will be sending
sets that month so I can watch for your package/envelope.

3) Solids are not allowed, but tone-on-tones (i.e. white on white) are
allowed. A solid is defined as one even color value with no variations,
therefore batiks and hand dyed fabrics are not considered solids. All
fabrics should be cotton and of a quality you would use in your own quilts.

4) Return postage is payable by the participant. You may either send an
envelope or box with correct (non-metered) return postage, or send
appropriate postage to be attached to a post office supplied Priority or
Express Mail box or envelope. Unless arranged in advance I will not supply
return envelopes other than those available at no cost at the post office
(i.e. if you just want first class mail instead of Priority or Express, send
an envelope). Anyone that wishes to participate from outside the USA,
arrangements can be made to save you shipping/postage expenses.please
contact me.

5) Charm sets should be baggie-ed (or otherwise attached in sets). They
should be labeled with your name, your email and/or snail mail address, and
whether or not the fabric has been prewashed.

6) Charm sets are due to me by the 20th of the month, I will send them back
out by the end of the month.

(email for address to mail charm swap packages)

Now.for some thoughts on colors.I would like to tie at least a few months
into the holidays. I'm thinking.

October Oranges

November Browns

December Greens