Very OT - question for my fellow Aussies

Old May 3rd 07, 12:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

Default Very OT - question for my fellow Aussies

The "Do Not Call" Register opened today. Supposedly you can
register online to exclude your phone number from all those
annoying telemarketing lists.

Yippee!!

Of course (and most unfortunately) the DNC will not apply to
charities/educational facilities(?)/political candidates -
but it's a start!!

However . . . . . . does anyone know where the register is?
I can't find it or a link to it on any of the quoted sites.

--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o o o

Old May 3rd 07, 01:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dee in Oz

Here it is Cheryl

www.donotcall.gov.au.

Dee in Oz

On May 3, 9:15 am, "CATS" wrote:
The "Do Not Call" Register opened today. Supposedly you can
register online to exclude your phone number from all those
annoying telemarketing lists.

Yippee!!

Of course (and most unfortunately) the DNC will not apply to
charities/educational facilities(?)/political candidates -
but it's a start!!

However . . . . . . does anyone know where the register is?
I can't find it or a link to it on any of the quoted sites.

--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o o o
( Y ) ( Y ) and ( Y )
Boofhead Donut Rasputinhttp://community.webshots.com/user/witchofthewest
catsatararatATyahooDOTcomDOTau

Old May 3rd 07, 02:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
~KK in BC~

There is one finally coming to Canada too! From what I read it is to be
launched late 2007.
~KK in BC~

Old May 3rd 07, 03:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
chris

Thanks for reminding me of this, Cheryl and thanks for the link, Dee

chris (off to register)

:-)

"Dee in Oz" wrote in message
oups.com...

Here it is Cheryl

www.donotcall.gov.au.

Dee in Oz

Old May 3rd 07, 05:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

Good luck!!! rofl

The link has been swamped all day and "significant delays"
are anticipated!

But I am sire it will be worth the wait not to get those
annoying calls right on tea time!!
--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o o o
( Y ) ( Y ) and ( Y )
Boofhead Donut Rasputin
catsatararatATyahooDOTcomDOTau

"chris" theblaberusAThotmailDOTcom wrote in message
u...
: Thanks for reminding me of this, Cheryl and thanks for the
link, Dee
:
: chris (off to register)
:
::-)
:
:
: "Dee in Oz" wrote in message
:
oups.com...
:
:
: Here it is Cheryl
:
: www.donotcall.gov.au.
:
:
: Dee in Oz
:
:
:
: On May 3, 9:15 am, "CATS" wrote:
: The "Do Not Call" Register opened today. Supposedly
you can
: register online to exclude your phone number from all
those
: annoying telemarketing lists.
:
: Yippee!!
:
: Of course (and most unfortunately) the DNC will not
apply to
: charities/educational facilities(?)/political
candidates -
: but it's a start!!
:
: However . . . . . . does anyone know where the register
is?
: I can't find it or a link to it on any of the quoted
sites.
:
: --
:
: Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
: o o o o o o
: ( Y ) ( Y ) and ( Y )
: Boofhead Donut
:

Old May 3rd 07, 10:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bronnie

On May 3, 2:47 pm, "CATS" wrote:
[...]

: "Dee in Oz" wrote in message
roups.com...
:
:
: Here it is Cheryl
:
: www.donotcall.gov.au.
:
:
: Dee in Oz
:
:
:
: On May 3, 9:15 am, "CATS" wrote:
[...]

I got on the register on my second attempt today. Not before time,
there had been a ph no. to call a few years ago but it was 'industry
regulated' and therefore not adhered to for long.
The only call unsolicited that I want is the lottery co. calling
saying " you have won...." grin

--
Bronnie

Old May 3rd 07, 10:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

Don't get carried away - have you seen the list of calls
that are "exempt" from this listing? rofl

Charities, educational (?), political - I wouldn't mind
blocking those calls too but it is not an option YET!
Maybe if enough subscribers yell for it, one day . . . . . .
.. .

--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o o o
( Y ) ( Y ) and ( Y )
Boofhead Donut Rasputin
catsatararatATyahooDOTcomDOTau

"Bronnie" wrote in message
ps.com...
: On May 3, 2:47 pm, "CATS" wrote:
: Good luck!!! rofl
:
: The link has been swamped all day and "significant
delays"
: are anticipated!
:
: But I am sire it will be worth the wait not to get those
: annoying calls right on tea time!!
: --
:
: Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
: o o o o o o
: ( Y ) ( Y ) and ( Y )
: Boofhead Donut
Rasputinhttp://community.webshots.com/user/witchofthewest
: catsatararatATyahooDOTcomDOTau
:
: "chris" theblaberusAThotmailDOTcom wrote in message
:
: u...
: : Thanks for reminding me of this, Cheryl and thanks for
the
: link, Dee
: :
: : chris (off to register)
: :
: ::-)
: :
: :
: : "Dee in Oz" wrote in message
:
roups.com...
: :
: :
: : Here it is Cheryl
: :
: : www.donotcall.gov.au.
: :
: :
: : Dee in Oz
: :
: :
: :
: : On May 3, 9:15 am, "CATS" wrote:
[...]
: : --
: :
: : Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
: : o o o o o o
: : ( Y ) ( Y ) and ( Y )
: : Boofhead Donut
: :
:

Old May 3rd 07, 02:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
recarlos

That is because the site crashed about 5pm today. Too many trying to
register at the same time.
www.donotcall.gov.au
Maybe tomorrow.. I was about to do it this afternoon but I got a
telemarketing call from India )
Cheers,
Ruth
Sydney

Old May 3rd 07, 02:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maloney Empire

Hi Cheryl and all,

Here is another website you can register for blocking you telephone number:

http://www.adma.com.au/

I have been in it for nearly 6 months and it works 99% of the time - the
other 1% probably are those companies who already have my number for
whatever reason.

--
Di Maloney
Mornington Peninsula

Old May 3rd 07, 02:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leigh Harris

"Maloney Empire" wrote
Hi Cheryl and all,

Here is another website you can register for blocking your telephone
number:

http://www.adma.com.au/

I went straight to check this out, Di. Unfortunately they are no longer
accepting registrations, as the new govt one has opened. Also, if you're
already registered, you need to sign up on the new one as the ADMA one will
only last till May. It's not clear whether that's the beginning or end of
May, mind you. Here's the info:
http://www.adma.com.au/asp/index.asp?pgid=1999

I just signed onto the govt one with no problems.

--
Leigh Harris
Perth, Western Australia