Feed your stash

Old September 16th 05, 01:41 PM
frood

No, Elmo's legs - short and hairy. Gwen's nose, tho.

--
Capn Grainne O'Malley the Drunken Tongue
Talk Like a Pirate Day, Sept. 19, 2005

"Roberta" wrote in message
frood wrote:
Funny, that's exactly the look I was wanting when I got mine done a
couple of years ago. I ended up looking like Elmo and Gwen Stefani's love
child.

LOL

well if ya ended up with Gwen Stefani's legs that wouldn't be a bad
thing...

Roberta (in VA)

Old September 16th 05, 02:44 PM
Debi Matlack

"Elizabeth Young" wrote in message
Hugs, and Power to the Red Heads of the world, whatever color they
wear,
Tina

Moss green, tan, rust, beige, screaming orange, muffled orange, goldenrod
(dark yellow?), purple, teal, emerald, royal blue, and my favorite: an
orange, pink, green, and blue plaid shirt. Mostly orange, all LOUD.

liz young in cool california - red red red

I will wear greens, blues, purples, absolutely NO orange, yellow or pink.
All of those make me look ill in some way. Can't even really wear white
because I'm so fair, I look like I bled out days ago. I can wear some
limited red but it has to be on the blue side.
--
Debi (auburn hair and fair, freckled skin)

Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?

Old September 16th 05, 02:56 PM
Johanna Gibson

On 16 Sep 2005 15:53:50 +0200, Mini One wrote:

No cash. No stash.
I'm on a DH imposed stash diet! ;o)
But I love reading about everyone elses stash hunt!
Yum, yum....

Emilia

Believe me, that last stash enhancement that I told you about is the
last of the season, the last pre-university fling of fabric freedom.
Fear not! I have enough UFOs, plans and dreams to keep me quilting
for years. (Plus I get by with a little batting help from my
friends...)

-- Jo in Scotland
Old September 16th 05, 02:56 PM
Tina

Same here Debi. Mostly greens and blues. White only in the summer and
only if I have been well enough to get out in the sun, a LOT.

I have to confess, my hair is now currently auburn-ish. I spent 40
years of my life as a strawberry blonde. About 16 of it, hating that -
and the fair skin and the freckles that went with it. My mother would
also exclaim, "How can you hate your hair? Other women pay good money
to TRY to get that color and it doesn't come out of a bottle~!"

I finally realized she was right (I hate that line LOL) and discovered
all the women I would see in malls and beauty shops and would
realize.... hey, they're trying to get MY color and they just can't.
Then I would go to a shop to get a hair cut and the stylist would ask,
"Do you color your hair? How did you get this color?" And I would be
insensed! Color my hair? How dare you? I was BORN with this color!

At 40, and after a few years of my teenage daughter telling me, "Mom,
you should color your hair, it's boring!" To which I would be highly
offended and respond, "Do you have any idea how many people WISH they
could have this 'boring' color?" I finally gave in. I wanted to do
something different, wanted to look different, wanted to try something
new..... I let my hair grow out for the last two years (it was always
dyke short and easy to take care of). And then I went to my
hairdresser and said, "Come up with a color for me." He mixed seven
different colors for the base (which include burgundy, red and even
purple hues, scary) then he mixed another 4 colors for the highlights,
everything from platinum to gold! I was terrified when he did the
initial all over base color. OMG, what have I done? I almost cried
when he rinsed it out and I discovered I no longer was a natural
strawberry blonde.

But now it is a month later. The "brightness" has worn off. My mother
has quit insulting me for stupidly coloring my naturally beautiful
strawberry blonde hair. My daughter and son think it's "cool". My
husband loves it. And I guess, well, it's ok, it's different and I
actually kind of like it.

But I still wouldn't be caught dead wearing pink with this red hair and
fair skin! LOL (Well, except for my black and pink Chuck Taylor
All-Stars)

Hugs,
Tina

Old September 16th 05, 04:28 PM
Phyllis Nilsson

I started going gray at 17, at 27 decided to go auburn, then ash blonde.
At the age of 50 I asked my husband if he would mind being married to
a short, fat, gray-haired lady and he said no. I let it grow out from
blonde to . . . white! I'd dyed it so long I didn't know the gray was
no longer there. When he didn't comment on the new color, I asked him
if he minded. He replied, "Is it done yet?" He didn't even notice the
difference. It has stayed white ever since.

Tina wrote:
ok, well...... I always thought I was a bit on the wild and
experimental side..... I must be getting older in my own way.

I don't think a single one of those hair styles, especially in HOT
PINK, is for me. Will stick with my plain, old, boring RED.

Hugs,
Tina

Old September 16th 05, 04:30 PM
Tina

Oh what I would give to have your white Phyllis! My grandmother has
the most beautiful white/silver hair. She was NEVER gray. But she is
also not my biological grandmother. My mother is turning 'gray'. And
I have yet to see a red head turn a pretty color of gray/silver or
white!

Lucky YOU!
Tina

Old September 16th 05, 04:36 PM
Phyllis Nilsson

I used to like salt and pepper, but never had dark hair to begin with,
just a washed out brown. My son said he could hardly wait until his
hair was the color of mine (and when it got that way he was in a shaved
head phase for awhile and no one could see it anyway).

Old September 16th 05, 06:10 PM
Bonnie NJ

My Mom was a beautican and her hair color changed frequently. Over the
years Dad never said much about the changes, I'm not even sure if he
noticed. Then one day Mom and her sister were talking about their white
hair and no longer bothering with the coloring.
Dad looked at both of them and ssaid, "Is that natural?"
He had just assumed that they bleached their hair white.
;-)
--
Bonnie
NJ

Old September 16th 05, 07:08 PM
Julia in MN

Mini One wrote:
I have some 30s repro 4" charms that were from an ebay disaster. Your quilt
is really gorgeous. Can you tell me more about how the blocks break down?

The embroidered squares measure 7" finished. The alternating block is a
16-patch block made from 4 4-patches; each small square finishes to
1-3/4" and each 4-patch has 2 white squares and 2 colored ones. The
half-square triangles measure 3-1/2" finished, and 2 of them act as the
sashing between the blocks, with 4-patches for cornerstones. The white
inner border is 1-3/4" wide. The strips in the piano key border finish
to 1-3/4" x 5-1/4". The finished quilt measures about 70x90.

If you want to use your 4" charms, you would have to change the
measurements somewhat. They could be used to make half square triangles
or 4 patches that finish to 3 inches. Then your large white square would
finish to 6 inches.

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/KatelynQuilt.JPG

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/