Heart Quilt Ideas?

Old December 30th 03, 10:23 PM
Debbie

Default Heart Quilt Ideas?

I want to make a wallhanging heart quilt for someone as a Valentine's
Day Gift. I'm digging through my book collection for patterns, shopping
in stores -- and I'd love your input on what are your favorite patterns
with HEARTS, (that are NOT foundation pieced!) and how are the patterns
printed so I can find them? ("such-and-so book by this author" or it's
a stand-alone pattern by such-and-so company.)

THANKS for any help!!

--
Debbie
reply-to address will bounce
Old December 31st 03, 12:33 AM
Johanna Gibson

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 22:23:56 GMT, Debbie wrote:

I want to make a wallhanging heart quilt for someone as a Valentine's
Day Gift. I'm digging through my book collection for patterns, shopping
in stores -- and I'd love your input on what are your favorite patterns
with HEARTS, (that are NOT foundation pieced!) and how are the patterns
printed so I can find them? ("such-and-so book by this author" or it's
a stand-alone pattern by such-and-so company.)

THANKS for any help!!

I'm in two different heart-block swaps right now. Boy, is my math
improving (one finishes at 9" and the other at 12"). They're both due
in the post within about 2 weeks, but I bet you could do that!
Email me at jgibson at tesco dot net and I'll send you the
information.

-- Jo in Scotland
Old December 31st 03, 02:11 AM
nzl*

http://piecebynumber.com/pastbom/candybox.htm
heres one i think is real cute.

http://www.nmia.com/~mgdesign/qor/patterns.html
also theres some heart block ideas on this site.
click on misc patterns, quite a few there to amuse you.
hope that helps some.
jeanne
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
real reply is san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

"Johanna Gibson" wrote...

Old December 31st 03, 02:17 AM
Frosty772

I love this one and its on my list to make this year. It has a country feel to
it.

http://www.quilterscache.com/S_U/Swe...hainBlock.html
Old December 31st 03, 04:08 AM
Dragonfly

There is a page-a-day calendar of quilt blocks that stores started carrying
about 5 years ago. One of the blocks in February is a nice heart. Part of it
is made with several pieces of red (for a nice scrappy look), and then the
curved part is appliqued on. My kids, then 6 & 10, made a wall hanging from
four of these blocks for their dad when he remarried. (I supervised and
taught, only, they did all the sewing.....except for handsewing the binding
to the back, which I did.)

Dragonfly

Old December 31st 03, 05:34 AM
hfw

Check out the quilts in _Hearts Aplenty_. Can't remember the author, but I
love the book. Lots of great ideas--a few I plan on adapting to use circles
or diamonds for instances where hearts are a bit too friendlyg

--Heidi

http://community.webshots.com/user/rabbit2b

Old December 31st 03, 01:32 PM
Rbeezer

Buggy Barn Hearts is a very easy and attractive pattern. I did mine a bit
differently. I used a more limited fabric selection and I'm going to sash the
blocks. They came out beautifully. If you look at the pattern and are
interested, let me know. I would be happy to mail you a couple of pics. One of
the block done in serious colors and 12 by 18 inches and the other one is of a
miniture version of the same block, done in fun and loud fabrics.

http://www.quiltknit.com/patterns/assorted6.htm
AEB:http://pub208.ezboard.com/baeb
Old December 31st 03, 08:08 PM
MOIRA RIDDELL

I made a "heart" quilt years ago, they were appliqued hearts on 6" finished
squares, which I bordered, turned out well, and I still have 50% of the
quilting to do......

Moira

Old December 31st 03, 09:29 PM
The Brown Family

Hi Debbie,

I made this one for someone before and I really liked it.

http://www.debbiemumm.com/potm/03/fe...tmquilting.asp

Lorraine
http://members.rogers.com/poodiac/lorrainesworld.htm

"Debbie" wrote in message
I want to make a wallhanging heart quilt for someone as a Valentine's
Day Gift. I'm digging through my book collection for patterns, shopping
in stores -- and I'd love your input on what are your favorite patterns
with HEARTS, (that are NOT foundation pieced!) and how are the patterns
printed so I can find them? ("such-and-so book by this author" or it's
a stand-alone pattern by such-and-so company.)

THANKS for any help!!

--
Debbie
reply-to address will bounce
debquilt AT yahoo DOT com

Auction: C. Jean Horst "Heart of Roses" Quilt - SIGNED! Brian Bernardini Marketplace 0 September 1st 04 07:51 PM
Returned Quilt -- What to do with it?? Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply Quilting 20 March 8th 04 06:55 PM
Etiquette wrt naming/giving a quilt Hanne Gottliebsen Quilting 6 October 29th 03 02:40 PM
Need ideas! Piglet Quilting 12 August 21st 03 04:09 AM
Need help from quilters.. Heart Quilt Blocks in trade for donation please read! Cheyne Quilting 149 August 12th 03 11:50 PM