Tropico Decanter Pukeberg Goran Warff

Old September 29th 07, 05:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
[email protected]

Default Tropico Decanter Pukeberg Goran Warff

Hi. I just purchased a piece of scandinavian art glass from the early
60s. Made in Pukeberg its created by Goran Warff and called Tropico.
He made a female form and a male form. I purchased the female form.
Anyway, its missing its Teak stopper. I am looking to have it
recreated with a local craftsman. I have a photo of what the stopper
looked like but I am curious how it attached to the bottle because the
reference I have gives me the dimensions but no good clue as to how it
fit in the bottle. My guess is that it fit like a lid instead of
something like a cork stopper look just because you cant see wood
through the glass at the top.

If anyone has more information or might actually have this piece with
a stopper I would appreicate any information to help me along this
path.

Thank you

Old September 29th 07, 06:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
[email protected]

On Sep 29, 9:14 am, wrote:
Hi. I just purchased a piece of scandinavian art glass from the early
60s. Made in Pukeberg its created by Goran Warff and called Tropico.
He made a female form and a male form. I purchased the female form.
Anyway, its missing its Teak stopper. I am looking to have it
recreated with a local craftsman. I have a photo of what the stopper
looked like but I am curious how it attached to the bottle because the
reference I have gives me the dimensions but no good clue as to how it
fit in the bottle. My guess is that it fit like a lid instead of
something like a cork stopper look just because you cant see wood
through the glass at the top.

If anyone has more information or might actually have this piece with
a stopper I would appreicate any information to help me along this
path.

Thank you

Try one of the collectible newsgroups.