Bevels

Old September 26th 07, 11:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Michael[_2_]

Default Bevels

Could you suggest an online retail source for a large variety of off-
the-shelf bevels? I've got a couple places, Glass Crafters and
Cathedral Stained Glass for example, that I've seen them, but I get
the feeling that their selection is limited.

Thanks, Michael

Old September 26th 07, 04:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
[email protected]

On Sep 26, 3:26 am, Michael wrote:
Could you suggest an online retail source for a large variety of off-
the-shelf bevels? I've got a couple places, Glass Crafters and
Cathedral Stained Glass for example, that I've seen them, but I get
the feeling that their selection is limited.

Thanks, Michael

Stock sizes are sorta limited...what are you looking for? If I
remember right, I thought GlassCrafters carried just about all the
stock bevels out there.

Old September 26th 07, 05:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Michael[_2_]

Neoglassic wrote:

Stock sizes are sorta limited...what are you looking for? If I
remember right, I thought GlassCrafters carried just about all the
stock bevels out there.

******************
My impression of there being a bunch more must have been wrong. We've
got some French doors leading out to a sun room. They have about 5
foot by 2 foot openings that presently have plexiglass in them that is
marred from blinds that used to hang in them. There's a nice view
through the doors and through the sun room windows, so I don't want to
block that, but I thought I might use clear panes with an inset
beveled border that came in a little at the top to an arch. So I am
looking for some arched pieces roughly 2 inches wide and maybe 6
inches long to form the arch. If I can't get that, then I might think
of something else.

Thanks, Michael

Old September 26th 07, 05:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker[_2_]

"Michael" wrote in message
oups.com...
Neoglassic wrote:

[...]

A REAL glass guy would make his own bevels.....

Old September 26th 07, 06:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
charlie

"Michael" wrote in message
oups.com...
Neoglassic wrote:

[...]

you can get custom bevels made. there are net places that can be found, and
there's a couple of bevellers on this group who do so also.

Old September 26th 07, 08:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Glassman@work

" Moonraker" wrote in message
.. .

might think
of something else.

Thanks, Michael

A REAL glass guy would make his own bevels.....

I'm tired of being real. I want store-bought putty, bevels, AND tacos.

--
JK Sinrod
www.SinrodStudios.com

Old September 27th 07, 01:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Javahut[_4_]

" Moonraker" wrote in message
.. .

"Michael" wrote in message
oups.com...
Neoglassic wrote:

[...]

You design it, I'll bevel it, no problemo!! send an email on it Mike, you
know where to send it.

make a drawing of what you want, there ARE mail order places to get stock
bevels, and if you design to fit what is available, you will save a bunch of
greenbacks.

If those doors to the sunroom were installed in the last 30 years, they are
usually standard dimensions, 20 x 64 or 22 x 64 and alot of stock bevels
will work in that opening.

Bevels...by the inch Scribble Glass 15 June 26th 04 03:02 PM
looking for bevels in the UK..? Adrian brentnall Glass 2 February 4th 04 09:31 AM
colored bevels kasfam Glass 2 December 24th 03 05:39 PM
Need to find 4 straight bevels M.D. Merkle Glass 6 July 22nd 03 10:24 PM