sweet break -- microwave snack cake

Old May 27th 07, 11:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary

Default sweet break -- microwave snack cake

I'm sure you have all seen those single-serving "bowls" of cake to
make in the microwave. They're pretty good, but rather expensive.
Well, I had a spare cake mix sitting around, and decided to see if I
could make my own snack cake, and it's delicious! It's also very
easy, and inexpensive. All you do is mix a half cup of the cake mix
with a quarter cup of water, put it into a smallish microwave
container, and nuke it on High for a minute and a half. Yeah, the
cake mix says you need to add eggs, oil, and water, but for this you
don't! This is easy, delicious, quick, and very low cost, and you can
make several from a single cake mix. What a great little break from
stitching!

Old May 27th 07, 11:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry

On May 27, 5:36 pm, Mary wrote:
I'm sure you have all seen those single-serving "bowls" of cake to
make in the microwave. They're pretty good, but rather expensive.
Well, I had a spare cake mix sitting around, and decided to see if I
could make my own snack cake, and it's delicious! It's also very
easy, and inexpensive. All you do is mix a half cup of the cake mix
with a quarter cup of water, put it into a smallish microwave
container, and nuke it on High for a minute and a half. Yeah, the
cake mix says you need to add eggs, oil, and water, but for this you
don't! This is easy, delicious, quick, and very low cost, and you can
make several from a single cake mix. What a great little break from
stitching!

No eggs or oil? That would make it really lowfat. I love cake,but have
avoid fat. I"m going to try this. Thanks for sharing!

Sherry

Old May 28th 07, 02:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

On 27 May 2007 15:36:39 -0700, Mary wrote:

I'm sure you have all seen those single-serving "bowls" of cake to
make in the microwave. They're pretty good, but rather expensive.
Well, I had a spare cake mix sitting around, and decided to see if I
could make my own snack cake, and it's delicious! It's also very
easy, and inexpensive. All you do is mix a half cup of the cake mix
with a quarter cup of water, put it into a smallish microwave
container, and nuke it on High for a minute and a half. Yeah, the
cake mix says you need to add eggs, oil, and water, but for this you
don't! This is easy, delicious, quick, and very low cost, and you can
make several from a single cake mix. What a great little break from
stitching!

Is it gooey when done or does it need icing?

Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old May 28th 07, 05:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

"Debra" wrote in message
Is it gooey when done or does it need icing?

LOL! What do you care? It's. Chocolate. Cake.

The gooier the better!

Cindy

Old May 28th 07, 06:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*

oh Cindy,
you're bad, so very very bad!! snorfle
i do wish you folks would stop with the cake talk tho, its dinner time here
and i dont have a cake mix in the house.
and i'm huuuuuuuuuuungry, its not fair.
jeanne
--
Vote B'fly for President '08
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

LOL! What do you care? It's. Chocolate. Cake.
The gooier the better!
Cindy

"Debra" wrote...
Is it gooey when done or does it need icing?

Old May 28th 07, 07:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary

It's not gooey and does not need icing. It's nice and moist, and
absolutely delicious just as it is! (Of course, you could eat it with
a scoop of ice cream on the side . . . )

Old May 29th 07, 04:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna Aten[_2_]

You couldn't have posted your 'recipe' at a better time! We have
strawberries and more strawberries and more strawberries! So, I fixed one
of your snack cakes, split it between DH and I, piled on strawberries, a
little Splenda/sugar blend and plain yogurt. Yummy!
--
Donna in Idaho

ups.com...